1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Mar '20 22:39
    @very-rusty said
    It is quite ok, I'll remember him in my nightly prayers.

-VR
    Good job one of us is on the case. Have a word on my behalf, will you?
  2. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    13 Mar '20 23:04
    @Indonesia-Phil

i will listen.

i may not act.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 09:00
    @very-rusty said
    Perhaps I didn't explain it properly she has the pnemonia, I just got a bit of sore throat. We both saw the doctor same day. First time I saw him with a mask on, they are being very careful.

She is diabetic so not a good thing for her. Doctor said if she shows any signs of getting worst to call peramedics right away and tell them he ordered it. I have seen some improvem ...[text shortened]... se them at this time right across the world. This is now a world problem not just countries.

-VR
    Stay safe.
  4. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 17:32
    Just thinking, I was in Melbourne over December, and wandered about in Chinatown there, or what I perceived as a portion of Chinatown there.
    I know its two months later now, should I go for a covid-19 test?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 19:54
    @pawnpaw said
    Just thinking, I was in Melbourne over December, and wandered about in Chinatown there, or what I perceived as a portion of Chinatown there.
    I know its two months later now, should I go for a covid-19 test?
    97% of people show symptoms within 11 days of exposure, with the average at a little over 5 days.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 20:00
    @drewnogal said
    I wondered when one of us was going to mention symptoms here? Keep yourself well hydrated and take care.
    I had a dry cough last Tuesday and Wednesday. No fever and no shortness of breath. No sniffles or sneezing. Not sure what it was, but it kept me out from work for those two days as I felt as if I was run over by a truck. Plenty of pain reliever and sleep and now it's all gone but that annoying throat tickle.

First day I did nothing but sleep, but the second day I got up and drank water all day. That helped the most.
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 21:07
    @suzianne said
    I had a dry cough last Tuesday and Wednesday. No fever and no shortness of breath. No sniffles or sneezing. Not sure what it was, but it kept me out from work for those two days as I felt as if I was run over by a truck. Plenty of pain reliever and sleep and now it's all gone but that annoying throat tickle.

First day I did nothing but sleep, but the second day I got up and drank water all day. That helped the most.
    Glad to hear you recovered quickly though you do have the advantage of being half the age of a lot of us 😉

Water is so important especially with a cough and high temperature. I had a horrible virus with a cough last autumn that lasted weeks. Another thing I do is a bit of self physiotherapy by standing in a doorway and taking a few deep breaths of fresh air. My dad and a 58 year old friend, both smokers, died of pneumonia which followed laying on a sofa for numerous days with depression.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 05:13
    An interesting article; “10 reasons not to panic”

Has some interesting links to scientific analysis of CV. It doesn’t (very rarely) attacks children and isn’t as prone to mutating as flu. Curious.

http://theconversation.com/coronavirus-ten-reasons-why-you-ought-not-to-panic-132941
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 06:03
    Lol - honest CV info!

YouTube
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 08:10
    @divegeester said
    Lol - honest CV info!

[youtube]Hks6Nq7g6P4[/youtube]
    That was the single most awesome PSA EVAR!!!11!
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 09:03
    @divegeester said
    Lol - honest CV info!

[youtube]Hks6Nq7g6P4[/youtube]
    Thumbs up for that one, hope you're feeling better.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 09:38
    @indonesia-phil said
    Thumbs up for that one, hope you're feeling better.
    I’m slightly improved; light persistent cough which is probably a ..... light persistent cough. The missus has it too.

I’m trying to get my head around the stats and info; The majority of people only have mild symptoms but “some” have serious lung infections, pneumonia and death. Mostly older people from mid 60s up. Kids are virtually immune.

It’s very odd.

I have a theory that it’s all a Remainer plan to kill off a slab of the older Brexit voters and re-run the referendum 🤣
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 11:23
    @divegeester said
    I’m slightly improved; light persistent cough which is probably a ..... light persistent cough. The missus has it too.

I’m trying to get my head around the stats and info; The majority of people only have mild symptoms but “some” have serious lung infections, pneumonia and death. Mostly older people from mid 60s up. Kids are virtually immune.

It’s very odd.

I ...[text shortened]... t it’s all a Remainer plan to kill off a slab of the older Brexit voters and re-run the referendum 🤣
    a tip that i picked up to determine how infected your lungs are, take a deep breath hold for 10 seconds then slowly breath ou if you can manage this without coughing youre probably ok (ie not flu or Corona probably bad cold)
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 12:09
    @divegeester said

It’s very odd.

I ...[text shortened]... t it’s all a Remainer plan to kill off a slab of the older Brexit voters and re-run the referendum 🤣
    On the other hand it could be a cunning 'Brexiter' ploy to close borders between European countries, thus isolating said countries from each other and working against unity and integration.

I'm glad you're getting better though....
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 12:10
    @indonesia-phil said
    On the other hand it could be a cunning 'Brexiter' ploy to close borders between European countries, thus isolating said countries from each other and working against unity and integration.

I'm glad you're getting better though....
    Haha great conspiratorial thinking.

Yeah ok, typical male. Cough once and it’s an infection, twice and it’s Motaba, three times in succession and it’s death.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree