1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 13:223 edits
    The thing is with this strain of virus is it has similiaritys to the flu and Pneumonia and we are right in the period of flue season here. I think if you figure there is a chance you could have it, get tested. Update on better half on 4th day of antibiotics appears to be doing a lot better with a little more energy.

-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 13:33
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Stay safe.
    We are doing our best, you too!

-VR
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 14:45
    @divegeester
    Wow, just like the movie. Amazing. So are you Morgan Freeman?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 14:50
    @sonhouse

It is simply amazing at how wrong you can be about something! 😛 😉

-VR
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 15:11
    @divegeester
    CV may not attack children but they can still transmit the virus to adults. I wonder about pets, can they contract it and transmit it to their owners? Or maybe get it FROM their owners?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 15:34
    @sonhouse said
    @divegeester
    CV may not attack children but they can still transmit the virus to adults. I wonder about pets, can they contract it and transmit it to their owners? Or maybe get it FROM their owners?
    I am sure both are quite possible...They were first saying only those over 70 were at risk of dying now with the man and women in their 30's, 40's we know that was not quite accurate. I don't think they know everything about the virus yet and are still in the learning stages.

-VR
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 15:37
    @very-rusty said
    The thing is with this strain of virus is it has similiaritys to the flu and Pneumonia and we are right in the period of flue season here. I think if you figure there is a chance you could have it, get tested. Update on better half on 4th day of antibiotics appears to be doing a lot better with a little more energy.

-VR
    Key to this virus are a dry persistent cough, fever, and problems around breathing.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 15:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Key to this virus are a dry persistent cough, fever, and problems around breathing.
    You are correct, these are the signs people should be looking for! At least this is what we know at this time.

-VR
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 15:46
    @very-rusty said
    You are correct, these are the signs people should be looking for! At least this is what we know at this time.

-VR
    And if we experience 'any' of these symptoms it is very important we self isolate and do not turn up in person at our doctor's surgeries.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 15:581 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    And if we experience 'any' of these symptoms it is very important we self isolate and do not turn up in person at our doctor's surgeries.
    Yes, We called before going told them her symptoms and her Doctor squeezed her in the same day we called which is unusual same as him wearking a mask and they put us in a different room than usual. I was pretty sure she had the flu but it was actually Pneumonia. Even since I last posted she seems to be improving.

-VR
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 16:00
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, We called before going told them her symptoms and her Doctor squeezed her in the same day we called which is unusual same as him wearking a mask and they put us in a different room than usual. I was pretty sure she had the flu but it was actually Pneumonia. Even since I last posted she seems to be improving.

-VR
    Glad to hear it.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 16:05
    Latest update: We have 3 presumed cases in Nova Scotia but haven't been confirmed yet.

-VR
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 17:43
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    They’re not testing people here (uk), only if they need hospital treatment so for sure many more have it with mild symptoms that doesn’t get reported.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 17:45
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    From what I've read the dry cough is not for a few days into infection.
    Apparently the best indicator is a fever.
    More severe than that associated with the flu.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 21:53
    @very-rusty said
    Latest update: We have 3 presumed cases in Nova Scotia but haven't been confirmed yet.

-VR
    HALIFAX -- Three presumptive cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia have been reported by the provincial government.

Health officials say the three cases are all related to travel, and the individuals are in self-isolation.

Nova Scotia's chief medical officer of health, Dr. Robert Strang, says the three patients include a woman in her 60's from King’s County who travelled to Australia, a man in his 50's from the Halifax Regional Municipality who travelled in the United States and a man in his 30's, also from the Halifax Regional Municipality, who travelled through Europe.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree