1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '20 05:33
    @sonhouse said
    @divegeester
    Wow, just like the movie. Amazing. So are you Morgan Freeman?
    I posted a clip of the movie earlier in this thread.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 17:20
    @divegeester said
    I posted a clip of the movie earlier in this thread.
    So I take it your cough turned out to be nothing serious?

-VR
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 18:42
    @suzianne said
    I had a dry cough last Tuesday and Wednesday. No fever and no shortness of breath. No sniffles or sneezing. Not sure what it was, but it kept me out from work for those two days as I felt as if I was run over by a truck. Plenty of pain reliever and sleep and now it's all gone but that annoying throat tickle.

First day I did nothing but sleep, but the second day I got up and drank water all day. That helped the most.
    Sounds like you have a very strong immune system. Probably the great shape you keep yourself in! We have our banter, but happy to hear you are on the mend.

-VR
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 08:24
    @very-rusty said
    So I take it your cough turned out to be nothing serious?

-VR
    It didn’t; I still have it though. It seems to come and go.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    20 Mar '20 02:52
    @divegeester said
    It didn’t; I still have it though. It seems to come and go.
    Just a swift 'glad to hear that' from me (that it didn't come to anything). We're in Bali, so far no border restrictions within Indonesia so we should get home okay in a week or so. The hotels are emptying out over here and some are shutting down for a while, all the Aussies have been recalled home. So it's kind of weird, but our loved ones in England and the rest of Europe are having it a lot worse than us...
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 16:13
    @divegeester said
    Started yesterday, and today it is grating the throat and making the lungs feel a little fluffy.

I’ve had Motaba and recovered, so fingers crossed.
    Still got it and it’s gotten a bit worse.

#metoo😷
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 16:18
    @divegeester said
    Still got it and it’s gotten a bit worse.

#metoo😷
    I know there is a lot of advice out there, but drink 'plenty' of hot drinks.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 21:461 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I know there is a lot of advice out there, but drink 'plenty' of hot drinks.
    I've been putting the coffee and lots of green tea to me also drinking water and (gatorade, one of those per day).

-VR
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 22:46
    I was sick in the Philippines 3 weeks ago, fever for a couple of days, cough with phlegm and a runny nose which lasted a week in total. This was before much of the coronavirus hysteria and just thought of it as a bad cold, kind of wish it was corona now as as I understand it I shouldn’t be contagious now... girlfriend had a runny nose and cough for a while but not as bad but she had it while with her family and they haven’t had any symptoms so probably just a cold. Wish they’d test more so people can actually find out. Guess I should’ve gotten tested in Singapore, they’re taking it all very seriously.
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 00:22
    @trev33 said
    I was sick in the Philippines 3 weeks ago, fever for a couple of days, cough with phlegm and a runny nose which lasted a week in total. This was before much of the coronavirus hysteria and just thought of it as a bad cold, kind of wish it was corona now as as I understand it I shouldn’t be contagious now... girlfriend had a runny nose and cough for a while but not as bad but s ...[text shortened]... tually find out. Guess I should’ve gotten tested in Singapore, they’re taking it all very seriously.
    I think the symptoms says a dry cough, so chances are it wasn't the Wuhan flu.

Apparently whenever we touch something we should sanitize our hands in alcohol sanitizer. I've decided to expand this, and every time i have an interaction with another person i gargle with spiced rum.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 00:44
    @huckleberryhound said
    I think the symptoms says a dry cough, so chances are it wasn't the Wuhan flu.

Apparently whenever we touch something we should sanitize our hands in alcohol sanitizer. I've decided to expand this, and every time i have an interaction with another person i gargle with spiced rum.
    They said dry cough at the start but since said any cough. My chest did feel on fire for a day or two. Truth is they’re still working it all out so who knows... do you spit or sallow? 😂
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 00:57
    @trev33 said
    They said dry cough at the start but since said any cough. My chest did feel on fire for a day or two. Truth is they’re still working it all out so who knows... do you spit or sallow? 😂
    I wash it down with more rum lol.

Interesting fact. Italy has 1057 cases per million people, China reported 56. And for the record, Italy Locked down quicker from first case to lock down than China...You'd think that would be news worthy.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 00:59
    @huckleberryhound said

Interesting fact. Italy has 1057 cases per million people, China reported 56. And for the record, Italy Locked down quicker from first case to lock down than China...You'd think that would be news worthy.
    Italy in no way locked down like China locked down.
  14. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 01:09
    @eladar said
    Italy in no way locked down like China locked down.
    Never said that. China was 2 months from the first case of the virus before any lock down. Italy hasn't had the virus 2 months yet...so...yeah.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 01:11
    @huckleberryhound said

From what I hear from someone living there is that the Italians didn’t listen to the warnings and pretty much continued on as normal for the most part until the government stepped in when it got really bad, plus they kiss when they say hello that has to spread the virus more. After SARS I think the Chinese really listened as a collective group and it could have been much much worse there, what’s not been talked about much is Italy’s ageing population, the second oldest on the planet behind Japan so you think this has accounted for some of the deaths. And still people in the north not taking it seriously, we’re going to be just as bad as Italy and Spain imo. Sadly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree