"Kindred Spirits"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
“He wrapped himself in quotations - as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors.”
Rudyard Kipling
Are you wrapping yourself in that quote?

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by josephw
The irony is lost on you, clearly. 🙂

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
The irony is lost on you, clearly. 🙂
Ditto. 🙂

Moves
01 Mar 16

Don't know if there be anything as kindred spirits. I certainly don't think anyone or anything is planting dreams in my head.

Do you think such a thing as that is possible? I mean, that a dream can be planted in someone's head?
To believe that to be possible one has to first accept that there is a "planter" of dreams. Whether or not this being exists is the question. However this is not what Grampy Bobby is talking about, at least not as far as I can make out from his semi-cryptic pseudo-paranormal posts, which seem to me to be more about him starting another thread differentiating between those posters here who do, and those who don't approve of his posting style and content.

Moves
01 Mar 16

No, I'm making an obvious ironic rib-jab at Grampy Bobby who does everything possible to avoid discussing his actual thoughts, and is currently relying almost exclusively on posting other people's words in order to either evade on topic questions or land cryptic rabbit-blows on those he disproves of.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
"Kindred Spirits"

"Types of Kindred Spirits Kindred spirits come in all forms. A co-worker who hates the company as much as you do, a sibling who shares your parental frustrations or a neighbor who boycotts the same block party as you all count as kindred spirits. In an informal way, this term has come to mean someone you feel a connection with, or someone who understands you. There are kindred spirits who seem to share all of your goals, ambitions and thought processes and there are those who share with you only one unique quality. Someone who has a rare illness, for example, may find a kindred spirit in someone who has little in common with them except for a diagnosis.

Word Origins: "The words "kindred" and "spirit" both arose from the 13th century. Kindred evolved from the Old English word kinraden, which itself came from the word raeden, meaning to "condition" or "rule." Spirit has its roots in the Old French word, "espirit." The word kindred generally refers to family or relatives, while spirit has many meanings, including the original version of the word, espirit, meaning "soul, courage, vigor and breath." The term "kindred spirit" itself has an unclear history in terms of its first usage." http://kuriakon00.tripod.com/soulmate/kindred_spirits.html

Observations: In recent months it's become increasingly apparent to me that "Kindred Spirits" may actually simultaneously send, receive and process impromptu/spontaneous Kindred Spirit Memos at odd hours of the day and night. These invisible yet palpable communications seem to suggest that a virtual conversation is taking place before the fact [especially when they're subsequently followed by an email or phone call which validates the date and time when they occurred with online and/or offline loved ones and trusted friends].

Let's brain storm this fascinating and as yet unexplored phenomena with your own personal observations and insights. Regards, GB"

N

Moves
01 Mar 16
1 edit

Don't know if there be anything as kindred spirits. I certainly don't think anyone or anything is planting dreams in my head.

Do you think such a thing as that is possible? I mean, that a dream can be planted in someone's head?
Haven't you even read The BFG? Sheesh.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Mar 16

To believe that to be possible one has to first accept that there is a "planter" of dreams. Whether or not this being exists is the question. However this is not what Grampy Bobby is talking about, at least not as far as I can make out from his semi-cryptic pseudo-paranormal posts, which seem to me to be more about him starting another thread differenti ...[text shortened]... between those posters here who do, and those who don't approve of his posting style and content.
I think you read too much into it. If you don't like Bob's style you can either stay on topic or simply don't reply. But do what you want. I ain't judging nobody.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Mar 16

No, I'm making an obvious ironic rib-jab at Grampy Bobby who does everything possible to avoid discussing his actual thoughts, and is currently relying almost exclusively on posting other people's words in order to either evade on topic questions or land cryptic rabbit-blows on those he disproves of.
Like I said, I think you're reading more into it than it deserves.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
Haven't you even read The BFG? Sheesh.
BFG?

Moves
01 Mar 16

I think you read too much into it. If you don't like Bob's style you can either stay on topic or simply don't reply. But do what you want. I ain't judging nobody.
Thank you. I enjoy rubbing Grampy Bobby's fur up the wrong way 😀

Read a book!

Moves
01 Mar 16

BFG?
Big Friendly Giant

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Mar 16

Thank you. I enjoy rubbing Grampy Bobby's fur up the wrong way 😀
So you're finally admitting that all the character assassination you engage in on this forum is just for the lulz? How sick is that?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Big Friendly Giant
I have to admit that's not what I thought of when he said BFG, but then I also played all the "Doom" video games.

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
So you're finally admitting that all the character assassination you engage in on this forum is just for the lulz? How sick is that?
Would you describe yourself as opposed to what you characterize as "character assassination", and if so, do you think your posting history demonstrates that never engage in it yourself? 😉