"Kindred Spirits"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
You seem to be saying something along the lines of '...if it had been planted by an outside agency then it would have been planted by an outside agency and wouldn't that be interesting' which sounds a bit like the kind of speculation that leads to belief in supernatural things. I have never had any convincing reason to believe that anyone's dream was caused by information not gathered through the senses.
"I have never had any convincing reason to believe..."

But you used to, right?

You're making more of what said than what I meant. I was merely asking whether or not the possibility existed that one can have a dream not caused by information gathered through the senses. And then I suggested that if it was a possibility, then the dream would be caused by an outside agency. I didn't state categorically that any of it was a fact. Just making conversation is all.

You made it clear what you think about that, and as I said in another post I'm good with that.

F

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by josephw
I was merely asking whether or not the possibility existed that [1] one can have a dream not caused by information gathered through the senses. And then I suggested that if it was a possibility, then [2] the dream would be caused by an outside agency.

[1] I don't think so.

[2] I can't see how.

F

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
In recent months it's become increasingly apparent to me that "Kindred Spirits" may actually simultaneously send, receive and process impromptu/spontaneous Kindred Spirit Memos at odd hours of the day and night.
Are you claiming that you have been engaging (or you have been engaged) in some sort of extrasensory communication in recent months?

Moves
29 Feb 16
1 edit

What I find "amazing" is the idea that one can dream a dream about a previously unknown thing.
But it was a just a quote by someone you don't know reposted by Grampy Bobby. Anyone can say anything about anything, that doesn't make what they are saying "amazing".

Moves
29 Feb 16

My own experience as well: "a previously unknown thing" and long since forgotten places or persons.
If it was forgotten then it cannot have been previously unknown. ๐Ÿ™„

Moves
29 Feb 16

True.

But what of the possibility of having a "dream" not caused by information gathered by the senses?

I'm merely suggesting that if such a thing is possible, then such a "dream" would have to be planted in the mind by an outside agency.

Unless you have another suggestion?
Do you think kindred spirits are planting dreams into to your head at night?

Moves
29 Feb 16

Shouldn't this thread belong in the spirituality forum?

F

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Shouldn't this thread belong in the spirituality forum?
Or a blog. ๐Ÿ˜›

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Feb 16

“If you disagree with something, it's easier to say 'you suck' than to figure out and explain exactly what you disagree with. You're also safe that way from refutation. In this respect trolling is a lot like graffiti. Graffiti happens at the intersection of ambition and incompetence: people want to make their mark on the world, but have no other way to do it than literally making a mark on the world.” โ€•Paul Graham

Moves
29 Feb 16

If you disagree with something, it's easier to say 'you suck' than to figure out and explain exactly what you disagree with.
Or post something you've copied from the internet ๐Ÿ˜‰

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Mar 16

“It's simply that in every crowd there's a twerp. All any twerp needs to do is protest loud and long,
and he or she will get attention from other twerps who'll go along for the ride--
after all, if such people didn't exist, the Ricki Lake Show wouldn't have an audience.”
โ€•Terry Pratchett

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Mar 16

If it was forgotten then it cannot have been previously unknown. ๐Ÿ™„
Maybe.....

Why? Because of an overload of subjectivity since it was known.

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

“It's simply that in every crowd there's a twerp. All any twerp needs to do is protest loud and long,
and he or she will get attention from other twerps who'll go along for the ride--
after all, if such people didn't exist, the Ricki Lake Show wouldn't have an audience.”
โ€•Terry Pratchett
People can discern the kind of forum you'd like this to be from the way you protest long and loud. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Moves
01 Mar 16

“He wrapped himself in quotations - as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors.”
Rudyard Kipling

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Mar 16

Do you think kindred spirits are planting dreams into to your head at night?
Don't know if there be anything as kindred spirits. I certainly don't think anyone or anything is planting dreams in my head.

Do you think such a thing as that is possible? I mean, that a dream can be planted in someone's head?