1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I feel that everyone should be treated equally. Not one set of rules for certain posters and a different set of rules for everyone else. Now, if that gets me a forum ban, so be it. It would also have proved my point.

You Sir, should not be above the rules. GB has been banned for less IMHO!

-VR
    You Sir, should not be above the rules. GB has been banned for less IMHO!

-VR

You have an excellent memory, all the way back to 2008-2010. Once, even, for typing the word "fridge".
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 21:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Forum Guidelines

You agree to not use the Service to:

Post, email or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
    [/b]
    So is redbadger sending me an abusive email calling me "a slimy bag of puke" within the ToS or should I report him?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 22:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I already see it as the desire to lay emphasis on your own importance, like people who underline their signatures. Whether consciously or otherwise this is what they are doing. They are saying I am an important person, which may or may not be the case. It could be that they generally feel important or that they infact have certain reservations and ...[text shortened]... r territory, like dogs which urinate in bushes but don't want to fall into a naturalism fallacy.
    The fact that my signature irritates the HELL out of you, is funny indeed.

Talking about importance. How important do you think you are to this site?

Have A Wonderful Day!

-VR
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 22:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 22:54
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Ian Maclaren.

Everyone has a back story...
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 23:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So is redbadger sending me an abusive email calling me "a slimy bag of puke" within the ToS or should I report him?
    Join the club; I too have lived to regret giving my email address to a few site members. One component of becoming an adult is taking responsibility for your own decisions without transposing the blame for the bad ones on others. Further to the point, I fully concur with the sentiments expressed on this page by both hakima and drewnogal regarding redbadger.
  7. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 00:26
    Teach him what?
    higher level integral calculus?

not to be nasty to the class snitch?

Interesting exchange of views since I last looked on here. In particular, I applaud Ms Nogal's contribution. Badger is a v nice guy, on the inside
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 00:38
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Join the club; I too have lived to regret giving my email address to a few site members. One component of becoming an adult is taking responsibility for your own decisions without transposing the blame for the bad ones on others. Further to the point, I fully concur with the sentiments expressed on this page by both hakima and drewnogal regarding redbadger.
    I think I didn't make myself clear, I meant he sent me a PM with those words in it. And others. You don't think I would give redbadger my private email address do you!
  9. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 00:42
    I think I didn't make myself clear, I meant he sent me a PM with those words in it. And others. You don't think I would give redbadger my private email address do you!
    this may be a bit 'left field'

but as you and badger obviously don't get on...why not just delete any PMs he sends you, unread, to avoid the obvious pain the content causes you?

or just 'block' him, as you seem to have done, and feel the need to share with the rest of us on here?

t'would seem the easiest solution to your predicament.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 00:441 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I did give him a chance after his initial email to me. I sent him a sincere email apologising if I'd upset him. The result of that exchange conclude with him telling me he "hoped I die in pain".

Still, I'm sure he's "nice on the inside".
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 00:46
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    this may be a bit 'left field'

but as you and badger obviously don't get on...why not just delete any PMs he sends you, unread, to avoid the obvious pain the content causes you?

or just 'block' him, as you seem to have done, and feel the need to share with the rest of us on here?

t'would seem the easiest solution to your predicament.
    As I said earlier in this thread, I eventually placed him on "ignore".
  12. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 00:50
    I did give him a chance after his initial email to me. I sent him a sincere email apologising if I'd upset him. The result of that exchange conclude with him telling me he "hoped I die in pain".

Still, I'm sure he's "nice on the inside".
    it's a little unfair to answer drewnogal's point, by posting a quote from myself about badger, wouldn't you agree?
  13. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 00:51
    As I said earlier in this thread, I eventually placed him on "ignore".
    phew...that should put an end to this thread, then?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 00:57
    The fact that my signature irritates the HELL out of you, is funny indeed.

Talking about importance. How important do you think you are to this site?

Have A Wonderful Day!

-VR
    Is not irritating at all, you simply belief that it is. Perhaps you are a prisoner of your own delusions, who can say? I was merely trying to understand why you feel the necessity to sign your initials after your posts. It seems that my hypothesis may be correct, after all, you could not bring yourself to refute any of the claims and instead offered up a rather tawdry and almost obligatory logical fallacy.

I've had a rather wonderful day thank you, although one must call into question your sincerity upon wishing it on others.
  15. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 00:591 edit
    I would say he was being a tad sarky

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree