Online vs. Offline

Online vs. Offline

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read a book!

Moves
05 Jun 14

Originally posted by lemon lime
I wasn't talking about Lewinsky, because as you said it was consensual. But if you know anything about her you would know that the only reason she approached him in the first place is because she was aware of his reputation with the ladies... to put it mildly.

And I suppose you could call what he did to all the women before her consensual ...[text shortened]... tories about feminist activities, so the movement sort of quietly moved underground for a while.
Obviously this proves that women seeking equal rights are unrealistic, undeserving, and
completely out of touch with the real world. Why did we have to learn this the hard way?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
We are social creatures. Every single one of us ~ as individuals or in groups ~ attempts to "engineer" our human environments to some degree. Slavery was the result and practice of "social engineering", as was its abolition. Gated communities are "social engineering". Raising my kids is "social engineering". The U.S. Constitution was an example of "social engine ...[text shortened]... referring to aspirations, action and change as "social engineering" is another swing and a miss.
The attempted 'barb of referring to aspirations, action and change as "social engineering" is another swing and a miss.

I'm not playing the same game you are. You are tossing out words like they are pebbles, and trying to avoid my words as though they were pebbles. I'm not swinging at your pebbles, I'm responding to you.

F

Moves
05 Jun 14

I'm not playing the same game you are. You are tossing out words like they are pebbles, and trying to avoid my words as though they were pebbles. I'm not swinging at your pebbles, I'm responding to you.
Your barb was about the "politically enlightened social engineer wanna-be". Does a social engineer somehow NOT engage in social engineering? If not, why was "social engineer" among your words directed at me?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
Your barb was about the "politically enlightened social engineer wanna-be". Does a social engineer somehow NOT engage in social engineering? If not, why was "social engineer" among your words directed at me?
Do you think everything I say to you is about you?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Jun 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Obviously this proves that women seeking equal rights are unrealistic, undeserving, and
completely out of touch with the real world. Why did we have to learn this the hard way?
Make sure your wife reads your posts.

Otherwise what's the point? Right?

F

Moves
05 Jun 14

Do you think everything I say to you is about you?
Well you addressed this post to me:

I've been debating with myself over whether or not I should explain what is so gosh darn funny about that statement.

The part of me that wants to tell you has won that debate...

Whenever someone makes it a point to portray themselves as being socially enlightened, they will usually try to hide the fact that their social awareness is actually politically motivated. In other words, they are like human weathervanes who will always turn to blow in the same direction the wind is blowing.

They forget (or don't know) that the wind never blows in the same direction all the time. The wind is always changing direction, so the politically enlightened social engineer wanna-be ends up not really pointing in any clear direction, but is turning this a way and that a way and any a way the wind blows.

If you weren't addressing me, why did you address it to me ~ and who did you think you were addressing it to?

F

Moves
05 Jun 14

HandyAndy:"Obviously this proves that women seeking equal rights are unrealistic, undeserving, and completely out of touch with the real world. Why did we have to learn this the hard way?

Make sure your wife reads your posts. Otherwise what's the point? Right?
I don't know what kind of life you have lived, lemon lime, but the one you are depicting when you talk about/to men who support the agenda of the women's movement appears to be populated by daft cardboard cut out versions of real people.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
Well you addressed this post to me:

[b]I've been debating with myself over whether or not I should explain what is so gosh darn funny about that statement.

The part of me that wants to tell you has won that debate...

Whenever someone makes it a point to portray themselves as being socially enlightened, they will usually try to hide the fac ...[text shortened]... t addressing me, why did you address it to me ~ and who did you think you were addressing it to?
Okay, I'll try this again... do you think EVERYTHING I say to you is about you?

It was a question. You know what a question is... you are constantly asking questions. Am I supposed to believe you don't know what a question is when you see one? 😕

F

Moves
05 Jun 14

Okay, I'll try this again... do you think [b]EVERYTHING I say to you is about you?

It was a question. You know what a question is... you are constantly asking questions. Am I supposed to believe you don't know what a question is when you see one? 😕[/b]
You pointedly asked me "Do you think everything I say to you is about you?" in response to my answer to your comments directed at me.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
You pointedly asked me "Do you think everything I say to you is about you?" in response to my answer to your comments directed at me.
That's right! You're off to a good start.

Now see if you can move passed that observation and decipher the rest of this mystery. Or solve as much of it as you can, I don't want your head to explode from sensory overload.

Actually, I'm lying. I do want your head to explode.

F

Moves
05 Jun 14

That's right! You're off to a good start.

Now see if you can move passed that observation and decipher the rest of this mystery. Or solve as much of it as you can, I don't want your head to explode from sensory overload.

Actually, I'm lying. I do want your head to explode.
You are simply deflecting with a silly rhetorical question and fatuous comments. You had no answer to my point about social engineering ~ something with you yourself raised in an attempt to make a 'point' but which you quickly abandoned.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
A social engineer tries to engage in social engineering. Whether a social engineer is successful or not is another matter.

A social engineer wanna-be is something else... he's just some internet tough guy wanna-be schlub pretending to have the sort of influence a real social engineer would like to have.

And a narcissist is someone who thinks everything said to him is about him.

F

Moves
05 Jun 14
1 edit

A social engineer tries to engage in social engineering. Whether a social engineer is successful or not is another matter. A social engineer wanna-be is something else... he's just some internet tough guy wanna-be schlub pretending to have the sort of influence a real social engineer would like to have.
Not sure what world you live in. There is nothing "wanna-be" about the women's movement. Its agenda is in the mainstream. Its achievements are manifest and welcome. The "engineering" it has done has been successful and is ongoing. Nothing "wanna-be" about it at all.

Read a book!

Moves
05 Jun 14

Make sure your wife reads your posts.

Otherwise what's the point? Right?
Why are you dragging my wife into this discussion?

Do you ask for your wife's approval before you disgorge your antiquated views?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Why are you dragging my wife into this discussion?

Do you ask for your wife's approval before you disgorge your antiquated views?
Why have you dragged yourself into this discussion? You haven't said anything except to toss out the occasional wise crack. You've said less than FMF, and he has yet to say anything worth considering.