1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 10:031 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Not so sure about the bag thing, but viewing the eclipse through a colander is something science bods have recommended before. (You hold it above the ground with your back to the sun. You don't view the sun through the gaps in the colander). In essence, the colander projects many little suns onto the ground so you can see the transit of the moon safely.
    Exactly. So not viewing the sun through the colander.

Edit: interesting how you avoided posting in this thread until PettyTalk’s disgraceful post was removed 😂
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 10:08
    @pettytalk said
    It was not meant to be a joke. It was meant to be a fly swatter. You find offensive the neighbor's cat fertilizing your garden. I find other things offensive.

This just in. "Parents of Michigan School Shooter Sentenced to 10 to 15 Years in Prison.

Jennifer and James Crumbley, whose son killed four people, each faced up to 15 years in prison for involuntary manslaught ...[text shortened]... on your own garden, and not on my mine. It's the root cause I was addressing with the aborted post.
    In your earlier offensive quote, that has since been removed, you stated -

“Personality wise I can see that your parents spared the rod”.

Is it your honest view that children should sometimes receive physical punishment?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 12:051 edit
    @drewnogal said
    Anyone who thinks it’s funny to make an offensive reference regarding someone’s mother has a skewed sense of humour in my eyes. I’m also not a fan of abortion jokes.
    Yet for reasons known only to the powers that be it is quite ok to pretend someone has passed during a Pandemic when people are actually dying. A Very Lame Joke indeed!!!! People have been making mother jokes since before either you or I were even born. Obviously it was deemed bad as a Moderator removed it, may have been because it was a direct attack on a certain person's mother which would be against the TOS Guidelines. People sometimes get heated when in debate with the gooster, which I of all people know first hand.

-VR
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 12:081 edit

Removed by poster

5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 12:11
    @ghost-of-a-duke removed their quoted post
    I believe the only person he observes is himself no matter who happens to be away.

Good Sir, You wouldn't think he would eve notice do you? 🙂

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 14:56
    @very-rusty said
    Yet for reasons known only to the powers that be it is quite ok to pretend someone has passed during a Pandemic when people are actually dying.
    Did you even report that post?

Answer: NO.

😂
  7. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 14:57
    @divegeester said
    What did I say that you found offensive… was it my taking the piss out of your post about using a colander to view the sun or the fact that you said you actually put a plastic bag over your eyes to shield you from the eclipse?
    I find offensive your knack for manipulating text. I can understand if it's a casual occurrence due to your dyslectic problem. However, it's habitual for you to do it when you want to take jabs at those that have knocked you down on the canvas.

First the colander, as Suzianne and I were discussing the eclipse casting shadows on the ground. I said using a colander to view the eclipse INdirectly. You intentionally eliminated the "in' and proceeded to say someone is stupid for viewing the eclipse through the holes of a colander DIRECTLY.

Second, nowhere did I mention plastic bags. Yet you brought in plastic bags into the conversation and then proceeded to take another "stupid" jab. I stated that it was a throwaway, black plastic liner for a paint roller tray.

Here let me help your warped painting reading abilities with an image, rather than text. Hopefully you don't suffer from all the possible variations of Dyslexia.

https://www.zoro.com/leaktite-plastic-1138-in-w-x-145-in-l-3-qt-disposable-deep-well-paint-tray-liner-tdw075wh050/i/G605297116/
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 14:57
    @ghost-of-a-duke removed their quoted post
    The Arsene Wenger vision is strong with this one …
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 14:58
    @pettytalk said
    I find offensive your knack for manipulating text.
    I don’t care what you find offensive.
    You’re offensive. You’re post was offensive.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 14:58
    @divegeester said
    Did you even report that post?

Answer: NO.

😂
    Is it my job to report every post you don't like? 🙂 😛

NO, NO, NO!!!!

-VR
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 15:04
    @divegeester said
    The Arsene Wenger vision is strong with this one …
    I never understand your football analogies.

Please only use squash.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 15:07
    @divegeester said
    Who said otherwise?

Which part of 'indirectly' did you not understand?
  13. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 15:33
    @drewnogal said
    In your earlier offensive quote, that has since been removed, you stated -

“Personality wise I can see that your parents spared the rod”.

Is it your honest view that children should sometimes receive physical punishment?
    When it warrants it, absolutely. Don't you use physical means to deter cats from defecating on your garden?

When reason and patience are exhausted, and bad habits persist, then the rod should not be spared. Otherwise you will have rotten spoiled brats and spoiled vegetables growing in your garden. The fertilizer gets absorbed by the vegetables you grow, and then eat. As they say, we are what we eat. Spoiled children can corrupt a society, and a society's overall quality is determined by its worst members, much like a Hi-Fi musical reproduction system, by its weakest link in the chain of reproduction.

Are you trying to portray me as violent with your line of questioning?

I have ground squirrels eating up some of the vegetables in my garden, as well as the neighbor's garden. We set up traps. Caught three, and then drove them to a city park for release. If I could do the same with divegeester and a few others, there would be no need for the rod, nor for using mother analogies. Not that divegeester can't be caught in a trap, but the problem is that he manages to always find his way back from the place where he has been released so many times.

YouTube
  14. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 15:56
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Who said otherwise?

Which part of 'indirectly' did you not understand?
    @divegeester said
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Who said otherwise? Which part of 'indirectly' did you not understand?

Dive does not understand any part. Not even the part he's playing of being an idiot and a flunky English major. Did he not claim to have been offered a teaching job at a major University in their English department?

The use of "in-" as a prefix is a regular part of English, and understanding it can greatly enhance vocabulary and reading comprehension.

The prefix "in-" is commonly used in English to indicate negation or the absence of something. It is added to the beginning of a word to change its meaning, often to express a state of being without, inside, or not. For example, "indirect" means not direct, "inactive" means not active, and "invisible" means not visible.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 16:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I never understand your football analogies.

Please only use squash.
    You understood it well enough to delete your post claiming you hadn’t seen PettyTalks post based on you being away from the site.

I know why you deleted…. Because you are smart enough to realise that would have noticed you posting in other threads whilst PT’s post was still up. I know you well enough that you would definitely have seen it and Drewnogal’s follow up.

I don’t mind you as a poster Ghost of a Duke, in fact much of your posting I quite enjoy. But you’re a liar, you’ve lied about not seeing posts several times before and you were lying in your deleted post. And that I don’t like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree