1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 16:492 edits
    @pettytalk said
    @divegeester said
    Exactly. So not viewing the sun through the colander.
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Who said otherwise? Which part of 'indirectly' did you not understand?

Dive does not understand any part. Not even the part he's playing of being an idiot and a flunky English major. Did he not claim to have been offered a teaching job at a major University in their English d ...[text shortened]... xample, "indirect" means not direct, "inactive" means not active, and "invisible" means not visible.
    I apologise, you did NOT mention directly viewing the sun through a colander, you said “indirectly”

Nevertheless you’re still a stupid man for viewing the eclipse directly through a plastic bag.

Also, I don’t like you, your plagiarism, your waffle, your nastiness. You’re in my bug jar PettyTalk and I’ll shake as it much as I like 🙂
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 16:51

Removed by poster

3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 16:52
    @ghost-of-a-duke removed their quoted post
    Feel free not to talk to me anytime you like.

You put me on “stoppage of talk” a few years ago, it was bliss frankly.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 16:53
    @divegeester said
    Feel free not to talk to me anytime you like.

You put me on “stoppage of talk” a few years ago, it was bliss frankly.
    👍
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 16:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    👍
    Would you like to see the thread in point?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 16:57
    @divegeester said
    Would you like to see the thread in point?
    👎
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 17:02
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    👎
    Ok.

I propose we observe the two red lines in the carpet and keep our metaphorical swords at least two lengths apart, or better still sheathed. As I said I do enjoy a lot of your posting. But this is a shallow pool we are throwing pies in and the mud is easily stirred. You enjoy your jousting and I’ll enjoy mine.

[I nominate this post for the award of the most metaphors]
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 17:52
    @divegeester said
    Ok.

I propose we observe the two red lines in the carpet and keep our metaphorical swords at least two lengths apart, or better still sheathed. As I said I do enjoy a lot of your posting. But this is a shallow pool we are throwing pies in and the mud is easily stirred. You enjoy your jousting and I’ll enjoy mine.

[I nominate this post for the award of the most metaphors]
    My bias towards you and you towards me stops me from agreeing with you. 😛 🙂

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 19:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 19:41
    @pettytalk said
    When it warrants it, absolutely. Don't you use physical means to deter cats from defecating on your garden?

When reason and patience are exhausted, and bad habits persist, then the rod should not be spared. Otherwise you will have rotten spoiled brats and spoiled vegetables growing in your garden. The fertilizer gets absorbed by the vegetables you grow, and then eat. As ...[text shortened]... m the place where he has been released so many times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA_RVOU2dE
    [When reason and patience are exhausted, and bad habits persist, then the rod should not be spared.]

Children who have been parented with the use of physical punishment can grow up believing that’s the way to control their own kids. They aren’t confident happy kids.
  11. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 20:00
    @drewnogal said
    [When reason and patience are exhausted, and bad habits persist, then the rod should not be spared.]

Children who have been parented with the use of physical punishment can grow up believing that’s the way to control their own kids. They aren’t confident happy kids.
    The ones that needed to have persistent physical punishment should be prevented from having kids of their own, to stop weakening the human herd.

You should be more selective of your seedlings when planting your garden. And also more selective of your neighbors. Try to avoid the ones that own house cats that avoid doing their business in a litter box, provided your neighbor is considerate enough to have provided one for the cat that does its business on your garden.
  12. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 20:20
    @pettytalk said
    The ones that needed to have persistent physical punishment should be prevented from having kids of their own, to stop weakening the human herd.

You should be more selective of your seedlings when planting your garden. And also more selective of your neighbors. Try to avoid the ones that own house cats that avoid doing their business in a litter box, provided your neighbor is considerate enough to have provided one for the cat that does its business on your garden.
    So you think it’s all the fault of the child? You wouldn’t think it better to take a closer look at why some parents resort to physical punishment and how some parents manage without using it?
  13. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '24 23:24
    @divegeester said
    I apologise, you did NOT mention directly viewing the sun through a colander, you said “indirectly”

Nevertheless you’re still a stupid man for viewing the eclipse directly through a plastic bag.

Also, I don’t like you, your plagiarism, your waffle, your nastiness. You’re in my bug jar PettyTalk and I’ll shake as it much as I like 🙂
    That you don't like me, it's been pretty evident from our first encounter.

That you are a bad Christian, that's pretty evident too. Had you been a caring and loving Christian, you would have prayed for me that I had not injured my eyesight, rather than trying to ridicule and insult me. But seeing that you only took the opportunity to show your real self, we should continue along the same line.

Do you know the difference between a plastic bag and a plastic liner for a paint roller tray??????? I sent you a picture. Do you also have a visual processing disorder?

Anyhow, checking sources on how to determine if eclipse glasses, or makeshift direct viewing objects, are adequate for a high degree of safety, we read that: "Solar eclipse glasses are special glasses that block out the most dangerous parts of the solar spectrum for human eyes. When you look through them, the sun should appear as an easy-to-view yellow-orange circle.

How to test your solar eclipse glasses.

If your mystery pair of eclipse glasses look pretty darn dark, that's a good place to start. You should not be able to see anything through them except the sun itself or something similarly bright.

What's something as bright as the sun you can use as a test? The AAS suggests you check sunlight reflected off a mirror or a shiny metal object. If sun is behind the clouds or on the other side of the earth when you want to test your glasses, you can use a bright-white LED such as the flashlight on your phone or a bare light bulb. The reflected sunlight or bright, white, artificial light should appear very dim through a safe pair of eclipse glasses. When staring at the sun through safe solar eclipse glasses, the sun should appear comfortably bright like the full moon, according to the AAS. If your eclipse glasses are uncomfortable to use, that is also a good sign that they might not be legitimate........"

Had you been seriously concerned, and aware of all the details for observing a solar eclipse safely, rather than repeating what I had already questioned myself about a seeming imprudent action, you would have asked me questions on the particulars, first.

You intentionally neglected to note the number of seconds I observed the eclipse through the tray liner. And also you neglected to take into consideration the additional check I made of the liner, comparing it with the neighbor's eclipse glasses; intensity wise, the same very dim, orange color partial sun.

Make sure you punch a few pin holes on that jar lid, otherwise you'll suffocate me to death. Now, as it is, I may die laughing at you, and at your new-found twin, another false Christian, rajk666.

Don't shake the jar, shake your booty. And don't forget to blow your nose more often than you do your mouth.

YouTube
  14. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    11 Apr '24 02:26
    This thread has gone down the path of total crap.
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 Apr '24 06:29
    @pettytalk said
    That you don't like me, it's been pretty evident from our first encounter.

That you are a bad Christian, that's pretty evident too. Had you been a caring and loving Christian, you would have prayed for me that I had not injured my eyesight, rather than trying to ridicule and insult me. But seeing that you only took the opportunity to show your real self, we should conti ...[text shortened]... to blow your nose more often than you do your mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3bxUlgFTxs
    Do you consider yourself a good, caring & loving christian? You talk of adults having the right to hit their children and of then preventing them from having their own children because they’ve been damaged and will weaken the herd?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree