General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    Wisconsin USA
    Joined
    09 Dec '01
    Moves
    55589
    11 Jan '18 18:28
    find,sign,& share the petition to keep halloween killer incarcerated...asap...endless thanks
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138475
    11 Jan '18 18:32
    Originally posted by @ketchuplover
    find,sign,& share the petition to keep halloween killer incarcerated...asap...endless thanks
    done...
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526066
    12 Jan '18 08:37
    Originally posted by @ketchuplover
    find,sign,& share the petition to keep halloween killer incarcerated...asap...endless thanks
    The only refernce I could find was that for Ronald Clark O'Brien who was executed 1984...hard to believe that he would have to be kept incarcerated.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    12 Jan '18 09:18
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    The only refernce I could find was that for Ronald Clark O'Brien who was executed 1984...hard to believe that he would have to be kept incarcerated.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/wisconsin/articles/2017-12-11/family-of-girl-killed-in-1973-tries-to-stop-killers-release
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526066
    12 Jan '18 09:40
    Thank you for the link.

    Correct me if I am wrong:
    * The man has killed a young girl in 1973, when he had been 25 years old.
    * He has served his prison time.
    * He had been out on parole but was reincarcerated for owning pornography.

    The mother argues that he is still dangerous and will committ another sex-crime.

    Several questions occur:

    * Who has to decide if a person who was convicted of a crime has done penance and is reformed? Are there any objective criteria to find out about the truthfullness of any conversion/reformation/...?
    * Is the ownership of pornographic material indicative for the inetntion to commit a sex-crime? If so how mayn US-citizens belong into prison?
    * What is the actual function of a prison penalty? And what is the meaning of "done his time"?

    Plus: This probably belongs to "Debates".

    I myself can't see any reason for me to support the petition. To me most of above questions are not answered convincingly. I am not a citizen of the USA. In principle I believe that people can mend their ways.

    That is not to say that the guy is not dangerous or that I ahve no sympathy for a mother who has lost a daughter in a horrific way.
  6. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88303
    12 Jan '18 10:512 edits
    I have zero tolerance for crimes such as this and offences should result in LIFE imprisonment, that is life until death. The offender is obviously mentally ill and the likelyhood of him reoffending is high. I would totally support him being locked up forever.

    One (possible) exception: if he signed a consent to have his testicles removed.
  7. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    38820
    12 Jan '18 11:141 edit
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Thank you for the link.

    Correct me if I am wrong:
    * The man has killed a young girl in 1973, when he had been 25 years old.
    * He has served his prison time.
    * He had been out on parole but was reincarcerated for owning pornography.

    The mother argues that he is still dangerous and will committ another sex-crime.

    Several questions occur:

    * W ...[text shortened]... not dangerous or that I ahve no sympathy for a mother who has lost a daughter in a horrific way.
    I can’t see a reason why he should remain in prison any longer. Viewing pornography isn’t a crime and he has done his time in prison.

    The parole process is considered to be quite lengthy here in the U.K. and has to involve a psychiatrist, psychologist and judge.

    There are enquiries going on here of the planned release of a taxi driver, John Warboys, who was charged with serial sexual assault and rape of female passengers who he drugged with hypnotics and champagne in his taxi. He kept a rape-kit in the boot of his car. He was sentenced to 8 years but has done 10 after a few previous attempts at parole. His victims are now complaining that they should have been notified of his planned release because it has traumatised them. This has now led to further enquiries and delayed his release and the case could also be reopened because the police may have mishandled some of the earlier evidence. It’s alleged that he may have assaulted and raped far more women than he was convicted of.
  8. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88303
    12 Jan '18 11:38
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I can’t see a reason why he should remain in prison any longer.
    You don’t think that the kidnapping, raping and murder of a child should carry life imprisonment?
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7187
    12 Jan '18 13:27
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You don’t think that the kidnapping, raping and murder of a child should carry life imprisonment?
    If the judiciary says it doesn't, I don't think it's healthy that the bloody assizes of public outcry should overturn that decision. If you want stricter punishment, you need to change the law, not ignore it yourself like a tin-pot dictator.
  10. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88303
    12 Jan '18 13:521 edit
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    If you want stricter punishment, you need to change the law, not ignore it yourself like a tin-pot dictator.
    You seem upset?
  11. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88303
    12 Jan '18 13:551 edit
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    If the judiciary says it doesn't, I don't think it's healthy that the bloody assizes of public outcry should overturn that decision. If you want stricter punishment, you need to change the law, not ignore it yourself like a tin-pot dictator.
    Perhaps you would feel less pious if it was your little girl that was found wrapped in a bin bag and dumped in the woods after being sexually assaulted and asphyxiated.
  12. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88303
    13 Jan '18 13:56
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You don’t think that the kidnapping, raping and murder of a child should carry life imprisonment?
    Wow, two people thumbed down a demand for life imprisonment for child-raping murderers.

    Nice.
  13. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10790
    13 Jan '18 14:25
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You don’t think that the kidnapping, raping and murder of a child should carry life imprisonment?
    Absolutely.
  14. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    38820
    13 Jan '18 14:36
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You don’t think that the kidnapping, raping and murder of a child should carry life imprisonment?
    I do and had it been my child I would probably want the perpetrator to suffer even more than that but on the other hand I don’t agree with a sentence being extended after the person has completed their original term of imprisonment. I believe that a judge is the best person to make that decision which I understand is arrived at through home office guidance.
  15. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88303
    13 Jan '18 16:06
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I do and had it been my child I would probably want the perpetrator to suffer even more than that but on the other hand I don’t agree with a sentence being extended after the person has completed their original term of imprisonment. I believe that a judge is the best person to make that decision which I understand is arrived at through home office guidance.
    Generally speaking I agree, but if this man reoffends I think your pleas will sound a little hollow when someone else’s child is found dead.
Back to Top