1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 06:40
    Add one more item to the litany: when, after instigating an acrimonious clan-year, it finally came to a vote on whether to reform the clan system, and the captains voted not to by a very significant margin, Robbie refused to accept the result and continued whingeing "sour grapes" about it. Casting aspersions against Russ was his last act here. There was nothing amusing about that chapter of RHP; let it be history and done with.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 06:48
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Interesting.

I cannot forget nor forgive the dreadful post he made about Grampy Bobby’s dear but deceased wife, which was without doubt the worse thing I’ve seen posted in these forums in tens years I’ve been here and possibly the worse thing I’ve ever seen written on the internet. It was much worse than his post mocking those who died on Westminster Bridge in the terror attack two years ago, and for which he was long-term banned.
    Re-read page 1, 12th post from the top. That's where my sympathy lies. Interesting too that someone gave that post a thumbs down; that's where someone else's lack of sympathy lies.

I liked Bobby, he was a gentle soul. We used to correspond by email, apart from RHP, until he fell silent. Rest in peace, Bobby.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 08:011 edit
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Re-read page 1, 12th post from the top. That's where my sympathy lies. Interesting too that someone gave that post a thumbs down; that's where someone else's lack of sympathy lies.

I liked Bobby, he was a gentle soul. We used to correspond by email, apart from RHP, until he fell silent. Rest in peace, Bobby.
    Which is why I’m surprised at your upvote for Seitse who said the most terrible things about Grampy Bobby and especially about his dearly loved and missed deceased wife; things which you seem to be able to brush aside with a platitude about only remembering the good things about people.

I on the other hand did not get along with Grampy Bobby, but I would have gladly flushed setise into the sewer for what he said on those occasions. I guess we each have our perpesctives and principles.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 08:02
    Rest in peace, Bobby.
    Has he passed away?
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Well, that's just it. I didn't think he was funny. So, for me, when it came to robbie carrobie - on the Spirituality Forum - with him NOT being funny - what did that leave?

He believed husbands could rape their wives because his religion told him that there was no such thing as marital rape. He supported his religious organisation covering up the sexual ab ...[text shortened]... nd typing out bizarrely repetitive "insults" day after day after day. Not missed. Good riddance.
    I stay out of the wacko forum or spirituality as other call it.
    So can't comment on his posts there.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 21:361 edit
    Which is why I’m surprised at your upvote for Seitse who said the most terrible things about Grampy Bobby and especially about his dearly loved and missed deceased wife; things which you seem to be able to brush aside with a platitude about only remembering the good things about people.

I on the other hand did not get along with Grampy Bobby, but I ...[text shortened]... sewer for what he said on those occasions. I guess we each have our perpesctives and principles.
    Seitse was, compared to Robbie, marginally less objectionable.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by @roma45
    I stay out of the wacko forum or spirituality as other call it.
    So can't comment on his posts there.
    Robbie was pretty far out in left field at the Spirituality Forum. And that's saying something.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 21:51
    Has he passed away?
    I believe so. The last PMs and emails I sent to him went unanswered, which was not like him at all.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Aug '18 01:06
    I believe so. The last PMs and emails I sent to him went unanswered, which was not like him at all.
    ... unless he stopped using a computer.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Aug '18 05:491 edit
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    ... unless he stopped using a computer.
    Possible. He was in poor physical health, but not slipping into dementia. I don't have any further information.

When a member dies, sometimes a relative logs on to his account and leaves a message at the forums (as was the case with mikelom). That depends, of course, on some family member knowing about RHP and being able to log on. So far as I know, that hasn't happened in Bobby's case, there has just been silence (for about a year and a half now). He was formerly very prompt about answering PMs and emails.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '18 11:48
    Seitse was, compared to Robbie, marginally less objectionable.
    I think FMF summed up robbie carrobie quite well on the previous page. Perhaps you didn’t see some of the nastier stuff Seitse posted as it got removed.
  12. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    08 Aug '18 16:25
    If you could “resurrect”, I.e. bring back to the forum as an active contributor, one precious active member of this (any forum) community; who would it be, and why?
    All the posters from the golden age of 2006(ish).
  13. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 11:20
    The Krell are long gone.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 13:44
    I think FMF summed up robbie carrobie quite well on the previous page. Perhaps you didn’t see some of the nastier stuff Seitse posted as it got removed.
    Seitse simply ran out of ceiling height. When your main objective is to post something more outrageous and shocking than your last post you get to a point of unsustainability.

He has attempted a few comebacks, but not fared very well.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Aug '18 12:33
    Originally posted by @velns
    The Krell are long gone.
    Brilliant!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree