1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 04:19
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Seitse had his moments. Sort of the Ali G of RHP.
    Really? That guy sent me a pm which grossly insulted my mother after I called him a an 'idiot' on a public forum.
    Any other merit he might've had with me died that day.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 04:23
    Seitse had funny moments, but he went over the line. Robbie too had funny moments, but he too went too far. I'd like to remember people more for their best moments than for their worst ones.
    Thats unfortunate. I like to remember people for their overall demeanor . A few good moments does not compensate for the otherwise vile crap that they spewed.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 04:56
    Seitse had his moments. Sort of the Ali G of RHP.
    I disagree. The comedy delivered by the Ali G character was cleverly subversive. Seitse's "cleverness" was just a kind of artless sophomoric verbal diarrhoea wholly dependant on being as poisonous as possible. I think the web site is better off without him.
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 07:531 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I disagree. The comedy delivered by the Ali G character was cleverly subversive. Seitse's "cleverness" was just a kind of artless sophomoric verbal diarrhoea wholly dependant on being as poisonous as possible. I think the web site is better off without him.
    Your duelling with Robbie was the best we have seen on this site.
    Always ended with Robbie stalking off in a huff.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 08:57
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    HoH
    Still here posting regularly but infrequently
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 10:452 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Considering why seitse was banned and what he said about Grampy Bobby's deceased wife...does this principle you apply here also apply unilaterally to posters at rhp, or is it just a platitude you choose to brandish when the person has had some previous "funny moments"?
    Considering that some people were ready to lynch robbie for manipulating the clan result, and that his actual behaviour as a clan captain was most unsportsman-like, whatever he may have said, I don't support bringing him back. He doesn't want to come back anyway, so I hear.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 05:17
    Considering that some people were ready to lynch robbie for manipulating the clan result, and that his actual behaviour as a clan captain was most unsportsman-like, whatever he may have said, I don't support bringing him back. He doesn't want to come back anyway, so I hear.
    Or...you could answer my question to you about seitse’s vile posting and your somewhat flakey attitude towards it, instead of dodging it by answering a question that wasn’t asked about robbie carrobie. 😉
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 11:151 edit
    Considering why seitse was banned and what he said about Grampy Bobby's deceased wife...does this principle you apply here also apply unilaterally to posters at rhp, or is it just a platitude you choose to brandish when the person has had some previous "funny moments"?
    No. In answer to your question.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 12:05
    Or...you could answer my question to you about seitse’s vile posting and your somewhat flakey attitude towards it, instead of dodging it by answering a question that wasn’t asked about robbie carrobie. 😉
    Ghost proposed resurrecting Robbie. Gravedigger proposed Seitse. When I compare the two, not only what they posted but also what they did at RHP, it is my considered opinion that Seitse was the lesser of two weevils. I do not deny that Seitse offended people or that he deserved banishment. I merely pointed out that he was not entirely without positive qualities; there is nothing "flakey" about acknowledging that. Robbie was always civil to me in our correspondence and I bear him no ill will; but he spoiled the clan feature for everyone, several hundred players, for a whole year. I would not rejoice to see either return; the thread idea is hypothetical anyway, but I would sooner see Seitse return than have to put up with more of Robbie's anarchistic disruption. You are entitled to a different opinion of course.
  10. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 13:12
    RJHinds.The spirituality forum is not so interesting since he stopped posting.Robbie also brought life into that forum.
  11. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 15:19
    mister moggy
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 15:25
    Originally posted by @biffo-konker

RJHinds.The spirituality forum is not so interesting since he stopped posting.
    Yeah, I really miss his youtube links. 😕

These days I have to google the Shroud of Turin all by myself.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '18 09:321 edit
    Ghost proposed resurrecting Robbie. Gravedigger proposed Seitse. When I compare the two, not only what they posted but also what they did at RHP, it is my considered opinion that Seitse was the lesser of two weevils. I do not deny that Seitse offended people or that he deserved banishment. I merely pointed out that he was not entirely without ...[text shortened]... with more of Robbie's anarchistic disruption. You are entitled to a different opinion of course.
    Robbie Carrobie was a "character" here at RHP who's contributions were generally in keeping with the spirit of the forums despite his sometimes rather odd beliefs and associated behaviors; he overstepped the mark with his subversiveness in the clans forum and fell foul of the owners.

Seitse was generally unfunny, on occasion a stalker (in these forums) and at the critical moments he disrespected human life in the vilest possible way imaginable.

There is a world of difference between the two posters, in my opinion.
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    06 Aug '18 14:35
    Robbie Carrobie was a "character" here at RHP who's contributions were generally in keeping with the spirit of the forums despite his sometimes rather odd beliefs and associated behaviors; he overstepped the mark with his subversiveness in the clans forum and fell foul of the owners.

Seitse was generally unfunny, on occasion a stalker (in these foru ...[text shortened]... sible way imaginable.

There is a world of difference between the two posters, in my opinion.
    Totally agree. Robbie was frustrating but funny. He got stabbed in the back by his so called friends.
    As for seiste i just ignore trouble making trolls like him saddo not worth a response.
    Any idiot laughing about terrorist attacks should be booted straight away.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '18 17:40
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Totally agree. Robbie was frustrating but funny.
    Well, that's just it. I didn't think he was funny. So, for me, when it came to robbie carrobie - on the Spirituality Forum - with him NOT being funny - what did that leave?

He believed husbands could rape their wives because his religion told him that there was no such thing as marital rape. He supported his religious organisation covering up the sexual abuse of children but opposed it if other religious organisations did it.

He likened criticism of the Jehovah's Witnesses on the Spirituality Forum to the gassing of the Jews in the Holocaust, and he accused critics of having the same mentality as murdering lynch mobs in C19th U.S.

When he got rubbed-up the wrong way in the course of normal conversations he accused people of having been sexually abused as children, of being mentally ill, of being paedophiles, of sexually stalking his fellow JW by PM, he would even lie about having been harassed by PM himself etc. etc. Anyting, just as long as it poisoned the well.

I did not find any of this "funny". So all I was left with was an obnoxious and sad little nitwit brandishing his online disinhibition and typing out bizarrely repetitive "insults" day after day after day. Not missed. Good riddance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree