1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 07:211 edit
    I downloaded one for the Band, its a guitar duet I call Skating on a frozen lake. I recorded both the Redhot Rag and Skating in a hotel room with my laptop and Sonar using a firewire 410 from M Audio and a couple of Audio-Technica Pro37 small condenser mics.
    I thought I downloaded it to the band folder but it seems to have put itself by itself, can you fix that? Still getting the hang of Gspace. Thanks. Don.
    I think I fixed it myself, redownload to the band folder, looks like its in there now and I deleted the copy that was an orphan.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 01:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I downloaded one for the Band, its a guitar duet I call Skating on a frozen lake. I recorded both the Redhot Rag and Skating in a hotel room with my laptop and Sonar using a firewire 410 from M Audio and a couple of Audio-Technica Pro37 small condenser mics.
    I thought I downloaded it to the band folder but it seems to have put itself by itself, can you fi ...[text shortened]... nload to the band folder, looks like its in there now and I deleted the copy that was an orphan.
    To all and asundry:
    The login is case sensitive. I had been going through hoops trying to login on my home PC, having already done so on my laptop when I was out of town and in a hotel. So I just did the normal way rhpmusic and thats when I got the error message, cannot retrieve cookie.
    It misdirected me no end till I figured it out. I had disabled windows firewall, put to sleep AVG and Spy Sweeper to no avail. But when I finally got around to thinking about case sensitivity, it worked.
    It has to be RHPMusic or gspace freaks out. So I can access gspace from my main PC at home now.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 14:09
    To all and asundry:
    The login is case sensitive. I had been going through hoops trying to login on my home PC, having already done so on my laptop when I was out of town and in a hotel. So I just did the normal way rhpmusic and thats when I got the error message, cannot retrieve cookie.
    It misdirected me no end till I figured it out. I had disabled window ...[text shortened]...
    It has to be RHPMusic or gspace freaks out. So I can access gspace from my main PC at home now.
    Weird, rhpmusic works for me. I noticed that it's not actually gmail.com, but googlemail.com, but if you put in gmail.com, it works, too, you just get a note that you are logged into googlemail.com.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 15:10
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Weird, rhpmusic works for me. I noticed that it's not actually gmail.com, but googlemail.com, but if you put in gmail.com, it works, too, you just get a note that you are logged into googlemail.com.
    Yeah, its asrhpmusic.google.com not just rhpmusic.google.com for some reason. Wonder why I get that cookie retrieval fails thing when I use lower case.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 16:23
    The only question left to me now is how do you identify the author of a file?
  6. The sky
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 16:44
    The only question left to me now is how do you identify the author of a file?
    If the author has followed Starrman's rules, by the filename: "I need all submissions to include their author's usernames in the filename and all covers to include the original artist's name."
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 16:57
    If the author has followed Starrman's rules, by the filename: "I need all submissions to include their author's usernames in the filename and all covers to include the original artist's name."
    Ah, the file name, so rename the files. Wonder why the two I submitted ended up with the name Red Pawn? Maybe a generic name if you didn't do it right?
    I wonder if you can rename the file while it's in Gspace.
    That would mean I wouldn't have to delete and recopy.
    BTW, Nor, do you have a myspace account? I have a couple hundred incredible musician friends there, some out of this world class and I mean that seriously. I would love to show them to you.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 18:02
    Ah, the file name, so rename the files. Wonder why the two I submitted ended up with the name Red Pawn? Maybe a generic name if you didn't do it right?
    I wonder if you can rename the file while it's in Gspace.
    That would mean I wouldn't have to delete and recopy.
    BTW, Nor, do you have a myspace account? I have a couple hundred incredible musician friends ...[text shortened]... re, some out of this world class and I mean that seriously. I would love to show them to you.
    Well, apparently you have solved the problem some way, your pieces appear with your name now.

No, I don't have a myspace account.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 22:16
    Well, apparently you have solved the problem some way, your pieces appear with your name now.

No, I don't have a myspace account.
    It's great fun, I go fishing for great musicians, have over 200 friends now in just a month or so. So people have like 55,000 friends so they are overwhelmed, like Bob Dylan has 80,000 plus so you could never actually talk to him but the more unknown but genius level musicians are certainly accessable. Just go to myspace.com and start the signup process, you can upload a few of your own compositions and photos.
    Did you hear Photo's🙂
  10. The sky
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 22:56
    It's great fun, I go fishing for great musicians, have over 200 friends now in just a month or so. So people have like 55,000 friends so they are overwhelmed, like Bob Dylan has 80,000 plus so you could never actually talk to him but the more unknown but genius level musicians are certainly accessable. Just go to myspace.com and start the signup process, you can upload a few of your own compositions and photos.
    Did you hear Photo's🙂
    I am not really interested in joining, at least not for the time being. I have my homepage for my photos (I have also put some on a photo site, but haven't been there in ages), and I am not a composer and have very few recordings of myself.

Anyway, I have just added an entry to the music comp. No, not Kodály, and not even cello, although that will come (probably tomorrow). I just had some fun in the kitchen.
  11. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 23:47
    Hey! Nice to see the music comp back!

Entered a piece in "Dance".
  12. The sky
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 23:51
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher

Hm, it's not there - are you still uploading it?

I thought you were working on the photo comp and RHP Faces. 😉
  13. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 23:59
    Hm, it's not there - are you still uploading it?

I thought you were working on the photo comp and RHP Faces. 😉
    Almost uploaded.

I'm like a Unix processor, I have many tasks running in background mode.
    🙂
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 02:46
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher

interesting piece, is that one synth? how long did it take you to do?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 02:49
    Hey Kirksey, are your fingers Sor now🙂 nice piece. Did you record that first with a cassette?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree