1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 13:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    just how abusive was the text? It must have been pretty abusive for FMF to make it known to others.
    Why don't you ask FMF?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 13:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, it was a brag. Why are you surprised? It's what he does.
    The message was sent privately to other people. You are lucky he didn't post it in the forum, I would have done.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 13:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you feel "put down" by people reading the content of that PM, why did you send a message with that kind of content to me? And what makes you think you have any right for your abusive messages to be kept secret?
    Exactly.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 16:221 edit
    I'm sure he'll send it on to you if you ask nicely. Real nicely.

Begging is not out of the question, I'm sure.

Just don't expect any real value for your debasement.

Oh, and do be careful how you word your request. You never know how many others will see it.
    No he cannot. He's been blocked since I cannot remember when. Corresponding with FMF in public is hazardous enough, in private is just downright asking for it as you have found out to your chagrin. Its like confessing in private to the town crier!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 16:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why don't you ask FMF?
    Nah he can keep it, as it does not concern me its none of my business.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 18:32
    Nah he can keep it, as it does not concern me its none of my business.
    So shat ya wee mooth thun lud.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 19:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So shat ya wee mooth thun lud.
    Noff, Noff London mate, in'it! 😵
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 23:15
    No he cannot. He's been blocked since I cannot remember when. Corresponding with FMF in public is hazardous enough, in private is just downright asking for it as you have found out to your chagrin. Its like confessing in private to the town crier!
    This is a lie robbie. The few PMs we did swap in the past were all friendly and civil. Remember? We shared some music we'd made. And I helped you track down some folk music you were interested in. Silly banter in public is one thing, robbie, but this characterization of PMs between us in the past is a downright lie.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 00:05
    Hey, moron.

ALL PMs *should* be "clandestine" even if the subterfuge of some is plainly visible. It's too bad that RHP doesn't care for the privacy of its members. They used to temporarily ban people for releasing PMs, as you well know.

Engine users have been kicked off this site. If the site owners had any self-respect, you'd be gone too, for what ...[text shortened]... re I thought it was only in corrupt, Republican America where money is counted as "free speech".
    Technically someone cannot reproduce your entire post because
    you have copyright over anything you have written.

However there is a "fair use" exemption which allows excerpts to be reproduced.

Also there is no copyright infringement if someone
    summarises the content of your PM in their own words.

Privacy is irrelevant.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 00:24
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

However there is a "fair use" exemption which allows excerpts to be reproduced.

Also there is no copyright infringement if someone
    summarises the content of your PM in their own words.

Privacy is irrelevant.
    One legitimate concern someone like Suzianne might have would be if the PM I showed to others was doctored or even fabricated by me in order to discredit her. That's why I only showed it to people who know I wouldn't do such a thing, and it's why I didn't show it to people I see as being capable of lying in public about such things, like robbie carrobie.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 00:29
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What about this case...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/nov/09/mick-jagger-secret-love-letters

Mick Jagger's secret love letters up for sale. 'I'm broke' says Marsha Hunt, inspiration for Brown Sugar, who is selling 'Mick in his own words' from summer of 69 at Sotheby's.

Assuming Jagger was opposed to the sale and - more to the point - their subsequent publication, do you think he had any rights vis a vis the copyright over what he wrote?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 00:322 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is a lie robbie. The few PMs we did swap in the past were all friendly and civil. Remember? We shared some music we'd made. And I helped you track down some folk music you were interested in. Silly banter in public is one thing, robbie, but this characterization of PMs between us in the past is a downright lie.
    Its not a lie FMF, you have been blocked for aeons. You are free to disagree with the characterisation or anything else but that does not make it a lie. You are blocked for a reason although admittedly what that reason is at present yet evades me. I do recall some pleasant texts but perhaps there was some rather unpleasant episodes as well, I cannot recall now.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 01:10
    What a lack of class. Private messages are, well, private. Except for swines.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 01:141 edit
    I do recall some pleasant texts but perhaps there was some rather unpleasant episodes as well, I cannot recall now.
    You are a liar. There were no "unpleasant episodes" in personal messages. If there had been, then I wouldn't be objecting to your characterization of them now. If you "cannot recall", and if you had any decency, you would not be making stuff up now to fill the alleged gap in your memory. But I think that you remember full well the nature of our correspondence, and that you are simply lying about it.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 04:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    What about this case...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/nov/09/mick-jagger-secret-love-letters

[b]Mick Jagger's secret love letters up for sale. 'I'm broke' says Marsha Hunt, inspiration for Brown Sugar, who is selling 'Mick in his own words' from summer of 69 at Sotheby's.

Assuming Jagger was opposed to the sale and - more to the point - th ...[text shortened]... bsequent publication, do you think he had any rights vis a vis the copyright over what he wrote?[/b]
    The physical letters were the property of Marsha Hunt so she is free to sell them.

The intellectual property (ie the prose the letters contain) remains Jaggers.
    (At least that is what I understand)

So whoever bought the letters could not publish them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree