RHP's Official Lost Subscription Counter™

RHP's Official Lost Subscription Counter™

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Why indeed. If you were truly concerned with the abuse you could have appealed to the site administration. You could have blocked the person so that you did not receive any more abuse. What you did was quit heinous, to betray a confidentiality.
I dealt with it as I saw fit. I did the same with galveston75's weird "sex" message. As I said elsewhere recently, If abuse and threats are going on, its targets should be open and explicit about the fact that it's happened, and not shroud it in secrecy and deal with it 'behind closed doors' ~ which is what handing the problem over to the web site amounts to.

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by chaney3
It seems to be man's nature to fight until the bitter end, even in the face of defeat.

FMF needs to apologize to Suzianne for what he did.
He will not do it, he will continue to express self justification for his betrayal of a confidential trust.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

this is simply self justification for an act of betrayal.
"Betrayal"? So you contend that an abusive person's behaviour should be kept confidential?

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
I dealt with it as I saw fit. I did the same with galveston75's weird "sex" message. As I said elsewhere recently, If abuse and threats are going on, its targets should be open and explicit about the fact that it's happened, and not shroud it in secrecy and deal with it 'behind closed doors' ~ which is what handing the problem over to the web site amounts to.
why not simply block the person so that you did not receive any more 'abusive', texts?

c

Moves
12 Dec 16

He will not do it, he will continue to express self justification for his betrayal of a confidential trust.
The irony is: he really didn't feel threatened in any way, which he admitted earlier. He just didn't like her message.

He broke rules, and should apologize!!!

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
"Betrayal"? So you contend that an abusive person's behaviour should be kept confidential?
well that depends on the nature of the text. As I have not seen the text in question i cannot possible say one way or the other. If someone texts you terming you names, using expletives, then this is no cause for alarm, you had avenues open to you to end the correspondence and yet you sought in the most callous way imaginable to betray the trust in an attempt to humiliate the author.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

why not simply block the person so that you did not receive any more 'abusive', texts?
There haven't been anymore abusive texts since I told her that I'd showed that one to most of the regulars. So the step I took was effective. She still has the option to communicate with me in a non-abusive way because she is not blocked, and if she does, I wouldn't dream of showing it to anybody.

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16

The irony is: he really didn't feel threatened in any way, which he admitted earlier. He just didn't like her message.

He broke rules, and should apologize!!!
yes this rather stark confession was his undoing.

c

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Abusive????

Then you are a pussy, just like Suzianne would say.

Get some balls FMF. You sound like a crybaby.

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
There haven't been anymore abusive texts since I told her that I'd showed that one to most of the regulars. So the step I took was effective. She still has the option to communicate with me in a non-abusive way because she is not blocked, and if she does, I wouldn't dream of showing it to anybody.
yes but you could have saved her blushes and yours by blocking her instead. Panic over, problem solved. Its not very well handled and I suspect that your vindictive side got the better of you that day as you gleefully handed out a private correspondence.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

well that depends on the nature of the text. As I have not seen the text in question i cannot possible say one way or the other. If someone texts you terming you names, using expletives, then this is no cause for alarm, you had avenues open to you to end the correspondence and yet you sought in the most callous way imaginable to betray the trust in an attempt to humiliate the author.
Did you feel that me showing galveston75's weird sexual insults and threats message to several people on the Spirituality Forum was a heinous" betrayal of galveston75's "trust" in me?

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

yes but you could have saved her blushes and yours by blocking her instead.
But I didn't block her, for the exact reason I stated.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

Its not very well handled....
I beg to differ. There has been no more abuse. And as far as I am concerned the channel of communication remains open.

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Did you feel that me showing galveston75's weird sexual insults and threats message to several people on the Spirituality Forum was a heinous" betrayal of galveston75's "trust" in me?
Was that the instance where he thought you were gay and asked that you stop stalking and pursuing him because he was not interested in your unsavoury advancements? Yes I think your revealing this private correspondence was a heinous betrayal of trust.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

Abusive????
Yes. It was also laughable. And ludicrous. If it hadn't been "abusive", I'd have had to keep it to myself.