1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:18
    Originally posted by apathist
    I hold the unpopular opinion that the raising of kids is too important to leave up to the random parents. It should take the village.
    I totally agree with you. Families should look after eachother too, keep those bonds. Social inclusion is so valuable. I don't think it's an unpopular opnion, but I do think people don't recognise it's importance or for some govenments- people just don't know how to 'make it so' (as Captian Pickard would say!).
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:20
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    What's the argument? Guns don't kill people, people do?

Well you know what, monkeys can shoot guns too! Should we get rid of the Monkeys? Or the guns?

Just a thought.
    LOL!!
    Hey Smooks 🙂
  3. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:341 edit
    Originally posted by yo its me
    LOL!!
    Hey Smooks 🙂
    lol your avatar scared the hell out of me I thought i was hallucinating for a second. Did you make that your-self
  4. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:381 edit
    some countries have ban automatic weapons for this reason
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:45
    Originally posted by Busygirl

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the impact of violent video games. I don't think there are any protections in the constitution that justify their continued production and distribution.
    Parental leadership in the home.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:48
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    What's the argument? Guns don't kill people, people do?

Well you know what, monkeys can shoot guns too! Should we get rid of the Monkeys? Or the guns?

Just a thought.
    It's so obvious where to start but America won't face up to it because it would be political suicide.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:511 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Look for the strongest correlations; we have the same video games over here in the UK but no (minimal) guns...

Let's blame video games, let's blame the lack of welfare support, let's blame, Dirty Harry...

Hello.

GET RID* OF THE GUNS

*serious controls
  8. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Look for the strongest correlations; we have the same video games over here in the UK but no (minimal) guns...

Let's blame video games, let's blame the lack of welfare support, let's blame, Dirty Harry...

Hello.

GET RID OF THE GUNS
    the video game thing is just dumb.
  9. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 09:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    the kid also killed his mom
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 09:04
    Originally posted by tim88
    the kid also killed his mom
    I know. It'll take awhile for the whole story to come out.
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 09:15
    Originally posted by tim88
    lol your avatar scared the hell out of me I thought i was hallucinating for a second. Did you make that your-self
    It's really good isn't it. I didn't make it, I'm not that bright!
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 09:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    GET RID* OF THE GUNS
    That is not a stupid idea, but how do you answer this:

outlaw guns and only outlaws have guns

don't you want to be able to protect your turf, your home and family
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 09:44
    That is not a stupid idea, but how do you answer this:

outlaw guns and only outlaws have guns

don't you want to be able to protect your turf, your home and family
    Put some cognitive energy into the idea mate.

It's more than legislation change that is required; it is a national cultural shift that is needed. Everything from manufacturing and distribution restrictions, closing down the retail space, empowering local authorities, ensuring alignment across federal and state law, education, public relations...

The problem is many Americans (like you?) hand-wring when atrocities like this happen, but don't really have the appetite for change.
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 11:23
    Originally posted by Kegge
    Yeah ... the six year olds should have been packed with a .45

Hard to believe you are willfully that stupid. There are lots of responsible adults at any school, and this story has more than a handful dead now, and all unarmed.

[quote]... take away the guns and there will be far less shootings. THAT is ...[text shortened]... s.

Outlaw guns, and only outlaws will have guns. If even one teacher at that school carried.
    Just check the facts and see who the stupid one is. Where are more spree killings? The countries which outlawed guns or the countries that haven't.

It is not about completely eradicating violence, because that seems impossible, but it's a lot more difficult to kill with your bare hands than with a gun.

Those responsible adults are not the ones killing. It is the ones that are sick and get their hands on the guns of those "responsible". If the reports are correct this killer took his mother's guns ... one of the teachers of the school.
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 11:28
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Explain why the cities in this country with laws REQUIRING gun ownership... have the lowest crime rates of all.

If someone wants a gun, they're going to get a gun. Only people who live in fantasy land would argue that if there is a prohibition on guns, no one will be able to get one. Clearly, someone as evil as this 20 year old, is not going to be deter ...[text shortened]... it's the only solution other than everyone home schooling (which I am even more in favor of).
    What does this mean. That there are cities just are required to have a gun, or a license to own a gun? No guns means no gun killings ... it is that simple really.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree