Slow

Slow

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by sumydid
I'm in Texas
Yur that there feller that kilt him a Bigfoot ain't ye? 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by RevRSleeker

I took to checking speeds also when I first started noticing this site was running slow..my speed has always been 'as it should be' but the site tells a different story.
Russ has mentioned previously, and also very recently, that he was going to give the site a 'tune up', presumably because he'd noticed how slow it was running also.
Edit: A perfect ...[text shortened]...
However, I shall not be waiting to see how long this edit takes to appear here also lol..
Only an hour and eight minutes until your post received reply.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Oct 12

I'm in Texas so if the server is here, then it has nothing to do with distance. I often run into lengthy page load times... like 1 minute or longer after I submit a chess move or post a forum message. I've got 32mbps up and down here, so, I know it's not a problem on my end.
Obviously your chess moves and posts are uncertain about whether or not they want to be seen by the light of day.

😞

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
12 Oct 12

I'm in Texas so if the server is here, then it has nothing to do with distance. I often run into lengthy page load times... like 1 minute or longer after I submit a chess move or post a forum message. I've got 32mbps up and down here, so, I know it's not a problem on my end.
yer upload is the same speed as yer download???

you do realize yer the only person on the globe that experiences such excellent internet provision???
typically, the upload is about 10% of the download speed, give or take a few...
they're never the same...

i live in texas, too...

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 Oct 12

Originally posted by rookie54
yer upload is the same speed as yer download???

you do realize yer the only person on the globe that experiences such excellent internet provision???
typically, the upload is about 10% of the download speed, give or take a few...
they're never the same...

i live in texas, too...
Yer that feller that gots shot by sumy ain't ya?

Australia

Moves
29 Oct 12
1 edit

Forums load slower than playing board page, and "search forums" isn't worth the wait. Maybe GB is right and we're all talking too much. 🙁

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
29 Oct 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
Forums load slower than playing board page, and "search forums" isn't worth the wait. Maybe GB is right and we're all talking too much. 🙁
Yes, 'search forums' is just painful when this slow...best just do a google search, that finds as much as I ask for far quicker, author and \ or topic...i.e. 'redhotpawn,kewpie,site slow'...it works wonders lol.

Australia

Moves
29 Oct 12

Couldn't you find anything more interesting than my grizzling?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Yes, 'search forums' is just painful when this slow...best just do a google search, that finds as much as I ask for far quicker, author and \ or topic...i.e. 'redhotpawn,kewpie,site slow'...it works wonders lol.
Does 'Screen Refresh' work for you?

Australia

Moves
31 Oct 12

When the site is running slow, repeat attempts just slow it down further. Better to be doing something else for a bit in the hope that things will improve later.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Oct 12

When the site is running slow, repeat attempts just slow it down further. Better to be doing something else for a bit in the hope that things will improve later.
😉

rural North Dakota

Moves
31 Oct 12

It has been occasionally slow for me all week.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
31 Oct 12

The Holidays are approaching too, remember what that means. 😞

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Oct 12

No. I've had similar probs on the east coast at Brissy up here in the last few days

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Nov 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
No. I've had similar probs on the east coast at Brissy up here in the last few days
Unchanged here @ GMT-5... except even slower late afternoon.