So IronMan was a cheat...

So IronMan was a cheat...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by rhb
Should that be:

"David Tebb, in the "The Game Mods" thread."

or

"David Tebb, in the thread "The Game Mods"."

Standards slipping with all the excitement?

😉😛
Your confusion is understandable. But I'm correct here, avoiding awkward repetition of "the".

You see, the "the" in the "The Game Mods" thread title lends itself as the definite article to my own sentence.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Both. No one consistently matches up almost 100% with an engine unless they are using an engine. Your hero was a cheat.
I have; in my clan's private forum are two games showing him matching up to an engine 93%. Join the clan and you can see it (we're not playing any games anymore; I'm allowing people in to view the evidence). I would say he's a Convicted Cheat, not an accused one, since the Game Mods have found "overwhelming evidence" which leads to the conclusion of cheating "beyond a reasonable doubt" according to the Site Admins.

EDIT: This was meant as a response to fierytorment.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by Bobson 94
I thought a certain integrity was required to become a FIDE referee. However, his occupation (if IronMan31 is indeedxxxxxx) does not immediately make him innocent.

However, I can't be the only one curious as to what he has to say on this matter...
When I was a computer buster for ICC we caught an IM using a chess engine to play his moves!

Yeah, like I KEEP TELLING PEOPLE, you must ALWAYS look at the evidence! After we confronted him with the evidence he apologized and for a while was penalized for his actions. ANYBODY who cheats should be penalized in some form.

The only sticky point is how the evidence is used to support the case of cheating, and IF IT IS VALID.

For examle, after No1 lost a game to me he sent me a PM stating that my moves had matches Fritz 100%! Well, I knew that wasn't true because I check my games with Fritz AFTER they are over.

I was not surprized to see that the majority of moves in our game were all in Fritz's database, and there were only a few moves made after the database in which Fritz agreed with some of my moves.

However, I could not make Fritz accept some of my moves in the final battle. So, what I'm saying is that it takes an organized team to evaluate all this stuff and I think that's what RHP has now.

Cheers to the people on the Mod Team!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by Exy
Steady on, No1, he wasn't "my hero", I've never, ever, claimed he was. What I want to know is why a FIDE ref is taking the risk of ruining his reputation by cheating to the degree you suggest on a very public website?

I'd also like to know whether the Game Mods / Admins gave him a chance to defend himself or if they already have some proof that either ...[text shortened]... sn't who he appears to be, or that Russ' new code has detected engine activity in his profile?
Really?? Can I post portions of a PM you sent me on August 27?

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
01 Sep 05

No, I'm not; but I've studied literally thousands of Grandmaster games and read books by the greatest players in the 20th Century. My opinion stands based on my experience and knowledge; do you anything to offer besides "Well, you never know??".
My opinion isn't "Well you never know", my opinion is "Well YOU don't know". You've said yourself that IronMan was going to inevitably be down an exchange. If you're up against a player like Akizy or IM, and you're down an exchange, no one would question you for resigning. There's even the possibility that IronMan knew that game he was having was being watched very closely by lots of players, including myself I know three that were watching both games they had against each other, and IM decided to just let the game go and not have to show the disasterous result of his play.

You're obviously not a fan of defense attornies.

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by nickybutt
Here is a comparisom of a picture of xxxxxx (xxxxxx)
with that of IronMan31 from RHP faces (http://www.dogstarr.org.uk/rhpfaces/gallery/gal35.htm)
draw your own conclusions

Originally posted by Coconut
http://www.dogstarr.org.uk/rhpfaces/gallery/gal92.htm is a better RHP faces pic

Much better picture!
The man in those two pictures are, in my opinion, the same.
I'm not sure what can be concluded because of that, though...

Moves
01 Sep 05

I have; in my clan's private forum are two games showing him matching up to an engine 93%. Join the clan and you can see it (we're not playing any games anymore; I'm allowing people in to view the evidence). I would say he's a Convicted Cheat, not an accused one, since the Game Mods have found "overwhelming evidence" which leads to the conclusion o ...[text shortened]... ble doubt" according to the Site Admins.

EDIT: This was meant as a response to fierytorment.
I have a problem with:

"beyond a reasonable doubt" according to the Site Admins

not because I don't believe in the people or their integrity, but because the evidence is not being placed in a public forum, and made understandable to us patzers. For a banning, this has to be only reasonable - as is that my view that the accused is given a chance to defend themselves.

Stating a 90% matchup with an engine alone is not sufficient to convince me, and I suspect many others on this site.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by CenterNut
This is justice.. publically naming people is good. It allows those who have been fooled.. learn a lesson. this is the right course of action RHP GOOD JOB I may subscribe now 😀

Edit: DEATH TO ALL CHEATERS!! MUAHhAh lov you RHP 😀
It could be you next.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
01 Sep 05

Really?? Can I post portions of a PM you sent me on August 27?
You certainly can, as I have stated now numerously either Ironman31 / Edmond Dantes is in reality Afro or he's an impostor, that's all I want to know!?! I have always assumed that he was genuine; I've played him enough times and always found his chess knowledge second to none. He's not my hero, and no post from me to you suggests that. I just hope that he (like anyone else) has been given a fair chance to defend himself before this ban was enforced.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

Agreed Pineapple, why keep the evidence hidden?

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by fierytorment
Agreed Pineapple, why keep the evidence hidden?
We at least have a list of the names now. Let's not push it.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by pineapple42
I have a problem with:

"beyond a reasonable doubt" according to the Site Admins

not because I don't believe in the people or their integrity, but because the evidence is not being placed in a public forum, and made understandable to us patzers. For a banning, this has to be only reasonable - as is that my view that the accused is given a cha ...[text shortened]... p with an engine alone is not sufficient to convince me, and I suspect many others on this site.
The evidence CANNOT be shared with the general public... 😕

Because if it was then the cheaters would know how to avoid being caught! 😲

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by arrakis
The evidence CANNOT be shared with the general public... 😕

Because if it was then the cheaters would know how to avoid being caught! 😲
Good point.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by seraphimvulture
We at least have a list of the names now. Let's not push it.
A list of names without any evidence is even more scary! 😕

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by Bowmann
Your confusion is understandable. But I'm correct here, avoiding awkward repetition of "the".

You see, the "the" in the "The Game Mods" thread title lends itself as the definite article to my own sentence.
Which is why "David Tebb, in the thread "The Game Mods"." is much more palatable.