So IronMan was a cheat...

So IronMan was a cheat...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Yes, so is saying the Sun will rise in the East tomorrow.
Yes. And that also depends on which hemisphere you're standing in, doesn't it?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by Bowmann
David Tebb, in "The Game Mods" thread.
Should that be:

"David Tebb, in the "The Game Mods" thread."

or

"David Tebb, in the thread "The Game Mods"."

Standards slipping with all the excitement?

😉😛

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
01 Sep 05

Here is a comparisom of a picture of xxxxxx(http://www.milkonline.com/images/foto_utenti/ambanelli.jpg)
with that of IronMan31 from RHP faces (http://www.dogstarr.org.uk/rhpfaces/gallery/gal35.htm)
draw your own conclusions

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

Agree with Exy 100%,

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by fierytorment
I played him twice........ and he sure didn't play rapid-fire with me, He used at least half of his timebank if not more.
In the game that took ten days or the one that took less than a month?

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
01 Sep 05

What's there to read? The position wasn't resignable and I don't believe that out of 2000 games he all of a sudden decided to resign one. An engine looking down a perfectly played line might see a serious disadvantage, but a player would prefer for his opponent to actually at least gain some material before resigning. No mate threats, even material and a POSSIBILITY of losing the exchange and he resigned?? Give me a break!
You're not even tip-toeing near the notion that IM may not have the same frame of mind as you have, no1. Or that ANY grandmaster has the same frame of mind as you. You're not even a grandmaster, for that matter.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

In both games I believe he used over half of his timebank, but I'm positive on the 70 move one.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by seraphimvulture
You're not even tip-toeing near the notion that IM may not have the same frame of mind as you have, no1. Or that ANY grandmaster has the same frame of mind as you. You're not even a grandmaster, for that matter.
No, I'm not; but I've studied literally thousands of Grandmaster games and read books by the greatest players in the 20th Century. My opinion stands based on my experience and knowledge; do you anything to offer besides "Well, you never know??".

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
01 Sep 05

No, I'm not; but I've studied literally thousands of Grandmaster games and read books by the greatest players in the 20th Century. My opinion stands based on my experience and knowledge; do you anything to offer besides "Well, you never know??".
I appreciate your efforts and understand your motives - but - are those games that you've been studying so hard OTB or Correspondence where any level of database analysis is permissible?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by fierytorment
In both games I believe he used over half of his timebank, but I'm positive on the 70 move one.
It's not even mathematically possible to use more than half of a 14 day timebank in 10 days unless you pack all your moves into one or two days. He was one of top 200 active players in the month of August and that was typical. Stop the BS.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by nickybutt
Here is a comparisom of a picture of xxxxxx(xxxxxx)
with that of IronMan31 from RHP faces (http://www.dogstarr.org.uk/rhpfaces/gallery/gal35.htm)
draw your own conclusions
http://www.dogstarr.org.uk/rhpfaces/gallery/gal92.htm is a better RHP faces pic

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by Exy
I appreciate your efforts and understand your motives - but - are those games that you've been studying so hard OTB or Correspondence where any level of database analysis is permissible?
Both. No one consistently matches up almost 100% with an engine unless they are using an engine. Your hero was a cheat.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

Accused Cheat. you still or the mods haven't produced their evidence have they?

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
01 Sep 05
3 edits

Both. No one consistently matches up almost 100% with an engine unless they are using an engine. Your hero was a cheat.
Steady on, No1, he wasn't "my hero", I've never, ever, claimed he was. What I want to know is why a FIDE ref is taking the risk of ruining his reputation by cheating to the degree you suggest on a very public website?

I'd also like to know whether the Game Mods / Admins gave him a chance to defend himself or if they already have some proof that either he isn't who he appears to be, or that Russ' new code has detected engine activity in his profile?

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
01 Sep 05

why does he have two names? is he two different people?