So IronMan was a cheat...

So IronMan was a cheat...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B9
Fleeting Member

Lisburn, UK

Moves
01 Sep 05
1 edit

I thought a certain integrity was required to become a FIDE referee. However, his occupation (if IronMan31 is indeed xxxxxx) does not immediately make him innocent.

However, I can't be the only one curious as to what he has to say on this matter...

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

Personally, I think there is reasonable doubt. I'm not saying he wasn't cheating, but I think a very high level player probably would match up to engine at a fairly high percentage rate.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by Exy
Would a FIDE referee really take the trouble to cheat on a very public chess site? You realise that Pulsatilla has actually met this man, don't you?
Why not if he thought he wouldn't or couldn't get caught? He had an entire gaggle of sycophants fawning over his greatness in these forums; maybe that's what he psychologically craved since he could never reach the top levels of OTB. Who knows? Who cares?

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by Bobson 94
I thought a certain integrity was required to become a FIDE referee. However, his occupation (if IronMan31 is indeed xxxxxx) does not immediately make him innocent.

However, I can't be the only one curious as to what he has to say on this matter...
Let's ask no1. He seems to be able to read Afro's mind.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by fierytorment
Personally, I think there is reasonable doubt. I'm not saying he wasn't cheating, but I think a very high level player probably would match up to engine at a fairly high percentage rate.
You would be wrong; not even Kasparov matched up to the levels IM did in correspondence games.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

I think we need to explore all avenues before pronouncing judgement.

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
01 Sep 05

I think we need to explore all avenues before pronouncing judgement.
I believe that's already been done. The Mods wouldn't look over someone's games over night and boot him the next morning.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

OTB and corospondance chess are two different beasts.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by seraphimvulture
Let's ask no1. He seems to be able to read Afro's mind.
What's there to read? The position wasn't resignable and I don't believe that out of 2000 games he all of a sudden decided to resign one. An engine looking down a perfectly played line might see a serious disadvantage, but a player would prefer for his opponent to actually at least gain some material before resigning. No mate threats, even material and a POSSIBILITY of losing the exchange and he resigned?? Give me a break!

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
What's there to read? The position wasn't resignable and I don't believe that out of 2000 games he all of a sudden decided to resign one. An engine looking down a perfectly played line might see a serious disadvantage, but a player would prefer for his opponent to actually at least gain some material before resigning. No mate threats, even material and a POSSIBILITY of losing the exchange and he resigned?? Give me a break!
There is speculation, speculation and damn speculation...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

OTB and corospondance chess are two different beasts.
Anybody who played IM knows he moved faster than OTB Grandmaster time controls. He didn't take days poring over his every move; "he" played rapid fire. Let's get serious here.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

I just think that there are some questions that need to be answered before he is banned

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by shavixmir
There is speculation, speculation and damn speculation...
Yes, so is saying the Sun will rise in the East tomorrow.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05
1 edit

I played him twice........ and he sure didn't play rapid-fire with me, He used at least half of his timebank if not more.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
01 Sep 05

I just think that there are some questions that need to be answered before he is banned
I'd also like to know if he had any chance at all to defend himself before being banned. This matters.