So IronMan was a cheat...

So IronMan was a cheat...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by hopscotch
Rumours and lies spread by heresay.

Which game-mod said that, and where?
David Tebb, in "The Game Mods" thread.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

Maybe we should be asking for USCF ID numbers as a way of proving who is for real and who is fake. At least for the US members.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by fierytorment
I'm not saying that everyone that has knowledge of chess won't cheat, but I disagree with you on this fact. On Akizy's level, a sizeable advantage is game over for the most part. He's not going to make a obvious mistake, and I think Ironman realized he made a mistake. Whether he was cheating or not........ I'm skeptical
I tell you again to simply look the game over and ask yourself if a reasonable player of even Grandmaster strength would resign. The answer is no. No obvious mistakes were required by Akizy, but he had to find a less than obvious line and even then there was no forced win. The game was not resignable unless you ran your engine very deep, found the line and then decided to give up. That's what I think happened. Be as skeptical as you want; but my information is he was matching up to a commercially available engine's preferred move almost 100% in game after game. He also played extremely quickly and never made any type of obvious mistake even though he was usually playing over a 100 games at a time. Taken together, the evidence was "overwhelming".

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
01 Sep 05
2 edits

If Ironman31 / Edmond Dantes is RHP's most dedicated cheat is he also an imposter? Can the truth now be known? Pulsatilla has told me that she has met Afro in Italy and I have no reason to doubt her - so what is going on here? Is such a reputable member of the chess community really cheating to the such an extent on a public site? That seems crazy to me?! 😕

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Taken together, the evidence was "overwhelming".
Like the overwhelming evidence of WMD in Iraq then...

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
01 Sep 05

"Overwhelming evidence" and a "conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt" not a "reasonable chance". It's something completely different.
I have to agree with No1. Several players kept sending me stuff showing ironman was using a chess engine. In all cases I told them to send the information to the game mods.

Even people close to me (and I won't mention names to spare their embarrassment) defended the evidence against ironman. But, like I told them, regardless of what people think, one must consider the evidence.

I think we all owe a contribution to No1 for pushing this issue so strongly (even though I don't agree with all of his analysis).

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

Definitely agree we owe No.1 for actually getting this started, but it shouldn't be a witch hunt. Where every guy who is a sore loser accuses his opponent of cheating because he lost.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by shavixmir
Like the overwhelming evidence of WMD in Iraq then...
No, there was NO EVIDENCE of WMD's in Iraq. Stop with the non sequiturs, Shav.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05

Just remember Akizy also did an analysis on that game too. Are we accusing him of cheating too?
Read the thread; Akizy's "analysis" is quite perfunctory. http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=20385&page=2.

IM's is unconvincing at least that the game is immediately resignable.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

I agree with Exy on this.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Sep 05

No, there was NO EVIDENCE of WMD's in Iraq. Stop with the non sequiturs, Shav.
There were whole dossiers of evidence no1marauder.

B9
Fleeting Member

Lisburn, UK

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by Exy
If Ironman31 / Edmond Dantes is RHP's most dedicated cheat is he also an imposter? Can the truth now be known? Pulsatilla has told me that she has met Afro in Italy and I have no reason to doubt her - so what is going on here? Is such a reputable member of the chess community really cheating to the such an extent on a public site? That seems crazy to me?! 😕
The Count of Monte Cristo?

He must be good, because he's not dead

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
01 Sep 05

But @ the top level being a piece down is fatal, well, most of the time, I just think Ironman realized that being a piece down against a opponent of Akizy's caliber was fatal. But I may very well be wrong, He may have used an engine.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by dyl
Are you any good?

Hmmm, yes, too good....
If you're accusing me, then I'm accusing you too.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 05
1 edit

But @ the top level being a piece down is fatal, well, most of the time, I just think Ironman realized that being a piece down against a opponent of Akizy's caliber was fatal. But I may very well be wrong, He may have used an engine.
I don't see any line where Black loses a piece; at most even if White gets to play 24 Bh5, he's only up the exchange and he has to make 4 correct moves to get there! The game would not be resigned by ANY strong player.