General Forum

1. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 01:12
    @eladar said
    @hakima

He is a much higher ranking Mormon than you ever were.

But hey, since Mormons change their beliefs at any time, perhaps today they pretend it was never a Mormon belief.

Do you deny that as we are God once was?
    I am not a Mormon.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 01:17
    @hakima said
    I am not a Mormon.
    You were once a Mormon.
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 01:471 edit
    @eladar said
    You were once a Mormon.
    Because I am no longer a Mormon it renders your question “ Do you deny that as we are God once was?” (which also, by the way is also neither Mormon scripture or doctrine) irrelevant.

To everyone else reading this thread, apologies for straying off topic. This discussion should really go on the Spirituality thread, however it is a moot point. I am done discussing it as it was really started in bad form by asking a very personal and inappropriate question in the first place.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 01:50
    @hakima said
    Because I am no longer a Mormon it renders your question “ Do you deny that as we are God once was?” (which also, by the way is also neither Mormon scripture or doctrine) irrelevant.

To everyone else reading this thread, apologies for straying off topic. This discussion should really go on the Spirituality thread, however it is a moot point. I am done discussing it as it wa ...[text shortened]... really started in bad form by asking a very personal and inappropriate question in the first place.
    No it was not, it was started by a third party. We had already moved on without this.
  5. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 01:58
    @eladar said
    No it was not, it was started by a third party.
    Were you not the first poster to mention Mormons and Mormonism?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 02:00
    @fmf said
    Were you not the first poster to mention Mormons and Mormonism?
    I was asked to explain who would believe such foolishness.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 02:02
    @rookie54 said
    the phrase 'eternal pregnancy' doesn't make a lick of sense to me
    an equivalent, in my mind, would be a 'permanent pregnancy'
    scientifically/naturally there is no such thing as an eternal pregnancy
    supernaturally, since i don't know everything there is to know i guess one could claim a supernatural eternal pregnancy, but dang it that's not the first occuranc ...[text shortened]... lease
    if you have time
    can you describe (in detail please) what an eternal pregnancy is?

thanks
    It was asked for here.
  8. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 02:21
    @eladar said
    It was asked for here.
    So it wasn't you who brought up the notion of "eternal pregnancy"? That's what you are saying? Someone else introduced "eternal pregnancy" into the conversation, but it was not you?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 02:35
    @fmf said
    So it wasn't you who brought up the notion of "eternal pregnancy"? That's what you are saying? Someone else introduced "eternal pregnancy" into the conversation, but it was not you?
    I did, she said no, we moved on. Nothing more until a third party asked for further clarification. I was done with the topic.

But believe as you wish, I am done with the topic.
  10. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 02:38
    @eladar said
    I did, she said no, we moved on. Nothing more until a third party asked for further clarification. I was done with the topic.

But believe as you wish, I am done with the topic.
    Oh, so you DID raise the topic after all. And then you tried to say it was someone else. And now you are admitting that you did. OK, sorted.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 12:18
    @eladar said
    There is a spike in child abuse as well.
    Rather puts the lie to the myth of the scary strange man with the van, doesn't it?

Professional child therapists have known this for a long time, but womens' magazines, the Scum, and Fox News won't believe it. It must be the Foreigner who is the greatest threat to your child, it must, it must it must!

Turns out, no it isn't.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 12:19
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

I have believed for a while now that in today's world marriage is something to be avoided.

Sure if you have religious convictions then get married.

Otherwise marriage is stupid for a guy.
    I do have religious convictions, and one of them is that God cares more for love than for ceremonies.