1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 22:27
    @very-rusty said
    I believe you to be very gullable if you think 70% of Divorce is the womans fault.

I may not be the one who needs to be educated here.

-VR
    Not woman's fault, woman's choice.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 22:34
    Ok I will play your game one more time.

Try reading this

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://web.stanford.edu/~mrosenfe/Rosenfeld_gender_of_breakup.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwil5NqE17boAhUCca0KHR8hCz44ChAWMAZ6BAgGEAE&usg=AOvVaw0oHaauk5gadz218FwskWMh
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 23:53
    @eladar said
    See, that is where one of the major flaws in marriage lies, mixing of assets.Just live together with no obligations. Perhaps agree to split some bills while you live together, but no more than that.When you are ready to move on, move on.Kids? No different than what would happen with one night stands. Be responsible and do not have kids if she can't afford them.
    Can I suggest you start this thread on the Spirituality Forum? It would be interesting to examine your views on marriage through the lens of religious belief and principle.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 23:53
    @fmf said
    Can I suggest you start this thread on the Spirituality Forum? It would be interesting to examine your views on marriage through the lens of religious belief and principle.
    No thanks
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 00:04
    @eladar said
    No thanks
    My marriage is based on Christian principles as is my view on marriage. Your views on marriage seem about as un-Christian as one can be, and yet you are one of the most sanctimonious and judgmental Christians on the Spirituality Forum. It would take some courage, as we both realize, for you to open up your views to scrutiny from a moral and spiritual point of view, so that may well be why you don't want to.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 00:06
    @fmf said
    My marriage is based on Christian principles as is my view on marriage. Your views on marriage seem about as un-Christian as one can be, and yet you are one of the most sanctimonious and judgmental Christians on the Spirituality Forum. It would take some courage, as we both realize, for you to open up your views to scrutiny from a moral and spiritual point of view, so that may well be why you don't want to.
    Lol, ok Mr. Holier than thou.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 00:11
    @eladar said
    Lol, ok Mr. Holier than thou.
    No, I don't think I am "holier than thou" because I see my marriage as having been entered into and maintained based on Christian principles.

I don't think Christians are "holier" than anyone else. I am an agnostic atheist. There is no "holy" and "Holier" and "holiest".

Those are notions for Christians. And you are a Christian, or so you claim.

You should take your views on marriage to the Spirituality Forum and explain how your Christian beliefs underpin them, It would be interesting.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 00:13
    @eladar said
    No thanks
    You have called me a "coward" more times than I can remember, usually INSTEAD of entering into the discourse or addressing what is being discussed. People may think you are the one looking cowardly now.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 14:36
    @very-rusty said
    I guess there has been a big spike in the Divorce rate since the Covid-19. People can't seem to live together who are married. I think someone had to have made this up.

-VR
    Actually you should have phrased that:

In hintsight one will realize that there has been a spike...

The process takes time and I would be really astonished if people had already gone through it in that short time.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 14:37
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

I have believed for a while now that in today's world marriage is something to be avoided.

Sure if you have religious convictions then get married.

Otherwise marriage is stupid for a guy.
    Well I have been married nearly 30 years now and not regretted it.

Why would you want to avoid marriage?
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 14:38
    @hakima said
    I’ve done smarter things in my life.
    ...than marry.
    ...than getting a divorce.

??
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 14:42
    @ponderable said
    Well I have been married nearly 30 years now and not regretted it.

Why would you want to avoid marriage?
    I said in today's world. You were married in a time earlier.

Of course there is the rare exception to the rule.

What is that rule? Divorced after 8.2 years, usually it is the woman who wants out. So if your wife is being honest, she has probably wanted to leave you. I think how much money the guy makes can mitigate that a bit. Life is much better if you have good sums of disposable income.
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 14:56
    "A man divorces when he finds a new woman.
    A woman divorces when she finds herself."

Said by someone.
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 14:59
    @Torunn

* bows at the wisdom of the goddess
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 15:00
    @rookie54 said
    @Torunn

* bows at the wisdom of the goddess
    😍

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree