1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 16:56
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I am very good to many people just don't make it public, of course I do know many have budgets and live pay to pay. Probably a bad joke on my part about price tags. My apology to those of you struggling to make ends meet. I grew up poor, sometimes I forget where I came from.
    That's ok - I hope most of us have enough for the things we want. Some people look at price tags out of habit. 🙂
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 20:45
    Originally posted by @torunn
    That's ok - I hope most of us have enough for the things we want. Some people look at price tags out of habit. 🙂
    Yes, some do I haven't had to for many years and feel very grateful for that. Sometimes we take what we have for granted, good wake up call for me, thank you.
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 20:481 edit
    Yes, some do I haven't had to for many years and feel very grateful for that. Sometimes we take what we have for granted, good wake up call for me, thank you.
    I hardly ever look at price tags either - quality counts. I buy fewer things instead.

And yes, we do need to be reminded now and then. 🙂
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    24 Nov '17 01:34
    I check price stickers
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '17 14:55
    Originally posted by @coquette
    I check price stickers
    I check for quality...but stick to second hand stores.😲😀
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Nov '17 15:251 edit
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I check for quality...but stick to second hand stores.😲😀
    Hey, you still have a 40 + year old golf clubs. You take me as a person who buys very carefully. How do you manage to find quality at second hand stores?

EDIT: By the way don't do away with those golf clubs antique dealers would be quite interested in them. 😉
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '17 15:36
    Hey, you still have a 40 + year old golf clubs. You take me as a person who buys very carefully. How do you manage to find quality at second hand stores?

EDIT: By the way don't do away with those golf clubs antique dealers would be quite interested in them. 😉
    My 20 year old golf bag (yes I did buy one after my original, that came with the clubs, died) kinda fell apart towards the end of this season but I managed to jury rig it to last the year. Well the other day I was in a second hand store and found an "almost" new one...I bought it and stuck my clubs in it yesterday.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Nov '17 16:40
    My 20 year old golf bag (yes I did buy one after my original, that came with the clubs, died) kinda fell apart towards the end of this season but I managed to jury rig it to last the year. Well the other day I was in a second hand store and found an "almost" new one...I bought it and stuck my clubs in it yesterday.
    The bag might not be worth much the original golf clubs could we worth something someday, they already may be worth something. To you I am sure there is sentimental value involved. Stick with the clubs!!! 😉
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 14:30
    The bag might not be worth much the original golf clubs could we worth something someday, they already may be worth something. To you I am sure there is sentimental value involved. Stick with the clubs!!! 😉
    As with any sport that includes some form of apparatus it's never the apparatus that cause the person to win or lose. it's the individual using them, in the case of hockey usually the stick.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 19:49
    As with any sport that includes some form of apparatus it's never the apparatus that cause the person to win or lose. it's the individual using them, in the case of hockey usually the stick.
    GBS,

You can have the finest stick in world but if you have no talent you will not last long in the NHL... The sticks of today have a spring to them that gives the player an advantage, which we didn't have back in our day. As a Goalie their gear is so much better than ours was. The players are bigger stronger, more skill, and stay in much better shape than we did.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 17:15
    GBS,

You can have the finest stick in world but if you have no talent you will not last long in the NHL... The sticks of today have a spring to them that gives the player an advantage, which we didn't have back in our day. As a Goalie their gear is so much better than ours was. The players are bigger stronger, more skill, and stay in much better shape than we did.
    Ya and they stick to soft drinks or Gatorade after the game unlike us (well me and my friends anyway)...beer.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 13:162 edits
    Ya and they stick to soft drinks or Gatorade after the game unlike us (well me and my friends anyway)...beer.
    Hell, beer was a for sure after the game and this was in high school. We even smoked cigs in between periods....We had a hell of a good time doing to it. We stuck to our beer and cigs back in those days. Now I wish I had not done either, and I am sticking to that story!!! 😉
  13. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '17 07:13
    some people are stuck in the good old days. cool.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Nov '17 13:14
    Originally posted by @coquette
    some people are stuck in the good old days. cool.
    Some of us have fond memories of the good old days, not really stuck there we do live in the present. 😉
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Nov '17 14:45
    Some of us have fond memories of the good old days, not really stuck there we do live in the present. 😉
    I am sticking close to home today, I think, because I have a sore throat.😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree