Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I know it's a chain, but Carraba's (Italian restaurant) makes the best pasta (fettuccine) I've ever tasted. They make their pasta fresh, daily. Try it!

Recommended, awesome, never fail meal at Carraba's:

Shrimp scampi appetizer
Chicken Parmesan with fettuccine instead of spaghetti
As far as our "Italian" chainstraunts, Carraba's is decent. But don't find yourself stuck at the Olive Garden, unless it's for the soup and salad.

The best Fettuccine Alfredo in the States came from L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante. (Unfortunately, no longer at EPCOT)

A tasty indulgence, but increase your statin dosage the day after eating this amazing dish.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
17 Jul 18

Never started tomato sauce from scratch. How long do you have to stew them? Overnight?

Sticky insert.

gc

Moves
17 Jul 18

Originally posted by @coquette
Never started tomato sauce from scratch. How long do you have to stew them? Overnight?

Sticky insert.
Have a go,I recommend self help.

Moves
17 Jul 18

Originally posted by @gareth-cobb
Have a go,I recommend self help.
I stick with the old adage, " A self helper has a fool for a client".

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jul 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
My partiality toward, most things American, is obviously a byproduct of my... being American.

But, I'm not too proud to say that we're stuck with the crappiest pasta on the planet. "Muellers" tastes like twice dipped parafin. "Kraft" tastes like the cardboard box that it's packed in...and "Chef Boyardee" products are like eating ketchup and earthworms. 😛
Sorry to say but your President is great either!

I believe he has managed to anger most of the world now.

-VR

Moves
17 Jul 18

Originally posted by @very-rusty
Sorry to say but your President is great either!

I believe he has managed to anger most of the world now.

-VR
If you are looking for an argument from me....you're barking up the wrong pile of sticks.

Moves
17 Jul 18

Originally posted by @coquette

Sticky insert.
It's truly a matter of taste. Fresh tomato sauce recipes are various and regionally dependent, even within Italia.

Another consideration is the amount of time you're willing to stick by the stove.

In the Northern Hemisphere, it's obviously the peak of summer, which is the best time of the year for making great tasting fresh tomato sauce.

When I make fresh marinara, I use ripe San Marzano tomatoes. All spices added in thereafter are also fresh. Garlic, basil, marjoram and oregano are the essentials.

Anyway, if you ask 100 different people, you'll get 100 different methods and recipes: But, I like to cook low and slow, sticking my stirring spoon in periodically throughout the day.

All I can suggest, is to Google and pick a fresh recipe that appeals to you the most. Good luck! 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jul 18

If you are looking for an argument from me....you're barking up the wrong pile of sticks.
I just stick to the facts, worst President EVER!!!

-VR

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
17 Jul 18

It's truly a matter of taste. Fresh tomato sauce recipes are various and regionally dependent, even within Italia.

Another consideration is the amount of time you're willing to stick by the stove.

In the Northern Hemisphere, it's obviously the peak of summer, which is the best time of the year for making great tasting fresh tomato sauce.

When I mak ...[text shortened]... I can suggest, is to Google and pick a fresh recipe that appeals to you the most. Good luck! 🙂
But how long do you stick with it?

gc

Moves
18 Jul 18

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
I stick with the old adage, " A self helper has a fool for a client".
speak for yourself

gc

Moves
18 Jul 18

I just stick to the facts, worst President EVER!!!

-VR
what will you say if he gets re elected? It could happen...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jul 18

Originally posted by @gareth-cobb
what will you say if he gets re elected? It could happen...
That is the scarey part, and you are correct. I was one of those who laughed when I heard he was running for President.

He would still be the worst President Ever though that will not change! I will stick to that statement.

-VR

Moves
18 Jul 18

That is the scarey part, and you are correct. I was one of those who laughed when I heard he was running for President.

He would still be the worst President Ever though that will not change! I will stick to that statement.

-VR
Surely, by now, they see his foibles and won't stick their "X" next to his name on the ballot, should he make it that far. Was there ever a President Ever? 🙄

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
Surely, by now, they see his foibles and won't stick their "X" next to his name on the ballot, should he make it that far. Was there ever a President Ever? 🙄
In my life time I would stick with JFK who stopped a war from happening. Now we would have to over look his affair with marilyn monroe. 😉

Then there was Bill Clinton...Oh yea monica among others.

How about Obama a close second?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
18 Jul 18

In my life time I would stick with JFK who stopped a war from happening. Now we would have to over look his affair with marilyn monroe. 😉

Then there was Bill Clinton...Oh yea monica among others.

How about Obama a close second?
Trump trumps them all. Stick with that.