1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 13:00
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Thankfully we've had a brief respite from the sticky (humid) weather here in "The Great White North" (Canada).
    Yes, those who think it is always cold here should stick around in our summers! 😉

-VR
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 13:53
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Yes, those who think it is always cold here should stick around in our summers! 😉

-VR
    Ya better than like the big iceberg stuck off shore near (really near) the village Innarsuit, on the northwestern Greenland coast.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Ya better than like the big iceberg stuck off shore near (really near) the village Innarsuit, on the northwestern Greenland coast.
    Newfoundland usually have a few iceburgs that stick around for the summer. I'll have to remember to get a picture of that sometime.

-VR
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 06:23
    Newfoundland usually have a few iceburgs that stick around for the summer. I'll have to remember to get a picture of that sometime.

-VR
    I wish we had an iceberg or two around here right now, but that would really be strange in Omaha. Better stick with what we have.
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 08:33
    Originally posted by @coquette
    I wish we had an iceberg or two around here right now, but that would really be strange in Omaha. Better stick with what we have.
    I'm stuck for a sticky...but I sure could go for an Omaha Steak this morning.
    Breakfast of Champions!
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 12:24
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    I'm stuck for a sticky...but I sure could go for an Omaha Steak this morning.
    Breakfast of Champions!
    Sticking to the subject, may I ask what is special about Omaha Steaks from other steak?

-VR
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 13:441 edit
    Sticking to the subject, may I ask what is special about Omaha Steaks from other steak?

-VR
    Why, because they're raised, branded and stuck in Omaha of course. One of the tastiest grass-fed beef herds in the world.
    Second, only to Kobe's beer and sake-pampered cattle in my humble opinion.

Have you ever tasted a grilled filet from Omaha?
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 18:28
    Why, because they're raised, branded and stuck in Omaha of course. One of the tastiest grass-fed beef herds in the world.

Word.

Perfect stick.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '18 12:34
    Originally posted by @coquette
    Word.

Perfect stick.
    Place the word "Hockey" before stick and that's perfection.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jul '18 20:191 edit

I've never been to Ohaha so have never tasted grilled Omaha filet.

I am pretty much stuck in Canada most of the time, but have seen most of the country also.
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 Jul '18 20:36
    I've never been to Ohaha so have never tasted grilled Omaha filet.

I am pretty much stuck in Canada most of the time, but have seen most of the country also.
    Canadians are not stuck with not having tasty beef to be sure. I once had a steak at the Canadian Pavilion in EPCOT. Delizioso!! (Expensive, because it's Disney, however...but authentic to the core.)
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 13:07
    Canadians are not stuck with not having tasty beef to be sure. I once had a steak at the Canadian Pavilion in EPCOT. Delizioso!! (Expensive, because it's Disney, however...but authentic to the core.)
    I love pasta, but not when it's sticky.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:21
    Well I would have stuck it to you and said Canadian beef is just as good as Omaha beef, but wouldn't have been an accurated statement as I've never eaten Omaha beef. 😉

-VR
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 19:33
    Well I would have stuck it to you and said Canadian beef is just as good as Omaha beef, but wouldn't have been an accurated statement as I've never eaten Omaha beef. 😉

-VR
    My partiality toward, most things American, is obviously a byproduct of my... being American.

But, I'm not too proud to say that we're stuck with the crappiest pasta on the planet. "Muellers" tastes like twice dipped parafin. "Kraft" tastes like the cardboard box that it's packed in...and "Chef Boyardee" products are like eating ketchup and earthworms. 😛
  15. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 19:47
    My partiality toward, most things American, is obviously a byproduct of my... being American.

But, I'm not too proud to say that we're stuck with the crappiest pasta on the planet. "Muellers" tastes like twice dipped parafin. "Kraft" tastes like the cardboard box that it's packed in...and "Chef Boyardee" products are like eating ketchup and earthworms. 😛
    I know it's a chain, but Carraba's (Italian restaurant) makes the best pasta (fettuccine) I've ever tasted. They make their pasta fresh, daily. Try it!

Recommended, awesome, never fail meal at Carraba's:

Shrimp scampi appetizer
    Chicken Parmesan with fettuccine instead of spaghetti

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree