Suicide Pill

Suicide Pill

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
04 Mar 09

Originally posted by mikelom
For some, believe it or not, there is 'no solution'.

That is one of the hardest things in life I had to grasp. I still feel it so difficult to believe. And this I am talking from experience on a real level. I am talking intimately of anorexia. I don't want this to open up another extension of this thread, but I do mention the mental state I saw somebody d ...[text shortened]... what we have "assumed to be true because we really have no idea!"
Edit:
"So sometimes we have to accept that there are things we cannot accept, or understand, purely because of who 'we' are, and not because it is what we have "assumed to be true because we really have no idea!" "

This is a delusion;

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
04 Mar 09

Originally posted by Scotty70
Suicide is the most selfish thing one can do. Not to mention that breaking that Commandment will guarantee a one way trip to Hades.

There is ALWAYS a solution that is better than suicide, unless you are caught behind enemy lines.
You're late.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
04 Mar 09

Originally posted by Scotty70
Suicide is the most selfish thing one can do. Not to mention that breaking that Commandment will guarantee a one way trip to Hades.

There is ALWAYS a solution that is better than suicide, unless you are caught behind enemy lines.
If you expect to "learn from the experience" alone, you have the same chances to bring up an accurate personal understanding as a wannabe mathematician who never attained school but he strongly expects to invent his own algebra -and then to promote Maths and Physics to the level required for bringing and backing up the quantum theory😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 09

Originally posted by black beetle
You are not what you think -sure thing;

Your mind conducts your Thought. Your mind cannot get silent, so this seemingly endless string of thoughts it gives you the false impression that your mind Is yourself. No!

When there is Silence there is not Mind. There is not Mind -there is just Thought. Your thoughts are brought up by your mind so fast one ...[text shortened]... tween each thought of your Mind. Yet there is always an interval.

You are these intervals😵
Of course there are short and long intervals between moments of conscious thought. That gives us no reason to truncate our picture of the human

mind. Subconscious works constantly receiving, processing, cycling, assimilating and applying information and thought. Human soul doesn't sleep.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
06 Mar 09

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Of course there are short and long intervals between moments of conscious thought. That gives us no reason to truncate our picture of the human

mind. Subconscious works constantly receiving, processing, cycling, assimilating and applying information and thought. Human soul doesn't sleep.
Nope Bobby my good friend. When you think, you think because there is not Understanding. When there is Understanding, you think not. Thought is Logos, and Logos comes solely after the Silence, for in the beginning before Logos there was Silence.
Your brain is a machine that you have to use it -you must not allow your brain to use yourself.

You see yourself as is whilst meditating -you see yourself when you go inwards, cutting all the way down through your delusions, understanding the Intervals. There is not other way -for me, that is.

And what is "the never sleeping soul"?
😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 09

Nope Bobby my good friend. When you think, you think because there is not Understanding. When there is Understanding, you think not. Thought is Logos, and Logos comes solely after the Silence, for in the beginning before Logos there was Silence.
Your brain is a machine that you have to use it -you must not allow your brain to use yourself.

You see y ...[text shortened]... ls. There is not other way -for me, that is.

And what is "the never sleeping soul"?
😵
Hey, Beetle, appreciated your comments on the Logos. You always succeed in making me think. Here's a summary of my point of view...

Human soul (psuche) is that rational, immaterial aspect of mankind composed of self-consciousness, mentality, volition and conscience.

Thought pattern of the human mind relates to the right or application lobe (kardia... heart, as with the cycling of thought) of the mentality

of the soul. Its compartments include frame of reference, memory center, vocabulary and categorical storage, conscience (norms, standards),

problem solving and wisdom. Left lobe (nous) functions as a mail box or staging area for academic information (gnosis). Once examined,

content of the left or perceptive lobe is either rejected and discarded or accepted/believed and transfered to the right lobe as knowledge

(epignosis, knowledge built upon knowledge). God created the human mind or soul which is imputed to biological life at birth. You may be

judged by your overt behavior but you are what you think. Mental attitude determines, motivates and influences our behavior and actions.

"For as a man thinks in his heart (kardia) so is he." Proverbs 23:7 Human soul is a permanent imputation. Body dies. Soul is immortal.

😉

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
06 Mar 09

Hey, Beetle, appreciated your comments on the Logos. You always succeed in making me think. Here's a summary of my point of view...

Human soul (psuche) is that rational, immaterial aspect of mankind composed of self-consciousness, mentality, volition and conscience.

Thought pattern of the human mind relates to the right or application lobe (kard ...[text shortened]... ." Proverbs 23:7 Human soul is a permanent imputation. Body dies. Soul is immortal.

😉
How many nice words carefully stitched together Bobby pal🙂

Oh, That soul! So you are dreaming that you have That soul!

It is my knowledge that when you are dreaming you remain just the same person you were whilst you are sleeping not, and whatever you do and you feel whilst you are sleeping are all parts of yourself; thus, that body of yours whilst you are sleeping is your real body, and that mind of yours when you are sleeping is your real mind; so, how is it my problem to clarify for yourself that you are just dreaming of That soul with your eyes wide open? One has to destroy his own delusions!

You are dreaming of That soul with your brain focused on Logos just because your mind is shapeless, however its forms and its awareness are uncountable.

It seems to me that your brain has hi-jacked yourself😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 09

How many nice words carefully stitched together Bobby pal🙂

Oh, That soul! So you are dreaming that you have That soul!

It is my knowledge that when you are dreaming you remain just the same person you were whilst you are sleeping not, and whatever you do and you feel whilst you are sleeping are all parts of yourself; thus, that body of yours w ...[text shortened]... ms and its awareness are uncountable.

It seems to me that your brain has hi-jacked yourself😵
Your emphasis on thought process and destroying delusions does mesh with my frame of reference. Do you reject the concept of soul life?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
06 Mar 09

Your emphasis on thought process and destroying delusions does mesh with my frame of reference. Do you reject the concept of soul life?
The concept is a concept; for the philosopher is the most hard concept to get in grips with, it is the ultimate race for the ace; to cut a long story short, over here I rather agree with Popper regarding this unsolvable huge issue.

However, I just say that You must be aware of the fact that You have the responsibility to drive Your brain the way You want. You are not Your brain just like You are not Your hands. You are not the Vehicle, that is. The fact that Your motor must be kept running means not that the valvoline is the ultimate food for You too.

Well?
😵

IC

Moves
06 Mar 09

Originally posted by Raven69
Have you ever felt so hopelessly alone that the pain of it made you want to claw away at your own skin? So completely lost that all you see is darkness? So dead inside that no matter how hard you try you cannot will yourself to care? Did it ever seem to you like you are screaming at the top of your lungs on a crowded street but no one even spares you a glanc ...[text shortened]... ered ending your life even for a moment, then, and only then, can you judge those of us that do.
Ok already, I'll take you back. 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 09
1 edit

The concept is a concept; for the philosopher is the most hard concept to get in grips with, it is the ultimate race for the ace; to cut a long story short, over here I rather agree with Popper regarding this unsolvable huge issue.

However, I just say that You must be aware of the fact that You have the responsibility to drive Your brain the way You ...[text shortened]... must be kept running means not that the valvoline is the ultimate food for You too.

Well?
😵
Does this view regard 'The You' as present/evident within the fetus (or at physical birth) and temporal, perishing with the body at physical death?

Edit: Also, what unique characteristics does this view recognize as valid or useful in differentiating between human and animal life?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

Does this view regard 'The You' as present/evident within the fetus (or at physical birth) and temporal, perishing with the body at physical death?

Edit: Also, what unique characteristics does this view recognize as valid or useful in differentiating between human and animal life?
This "You" is the Observer of my thoughts. I am the Observer, and I am indifferent to my thoughts. I am not my thoughts -I stand by and I see my thoughts passing.

The nature of the Observer is my real nature. The Observer cannot be born and cannot die, cannot appear or disappear although my body can and my thoughts can. When I see my nature, my nature sees itself, because the Delusion and the Awareness are projected together at the same Time/ Space.

Nothing Holy😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

The Human is a social animal, said somebody in the past😵

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
07 Mar 09

Inexorable facts connect our consciousness with this body that we know; and that not merely as a whole, but the parts of it are connected severally with parts of our brain-action. If there is any similar connexion with a spiritual body, it only follows that the spiritual body must die at the same time with the natural one. Consider a mountain rill. It runs down in the sunshine, and its water evaporates; yet it is fed by thousands of tiny tributaries, and the stream flows on. The water may be changed again and again, yet still there is the same stream. It widens over plains, or is prisoned and fouled by towns; always the same stream, but at last 'even the weariest river Winds somewhere safe to sea.' When than happens, no drop of water is lost, but the stream is dead.

-William Kingdon Clifford 1879.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

Originally posted by mikelom
Inexorable facts connect our consciousness with this body that we know; and that not merely as a whole, but the parts of it are connected severally with parts of our brain-action. If there is any similar connexion with a spiritual body, it only follows that the spiritual body must die at the same time with the natural one. Consider a mountain rill. It runs d ...[text shortened]... appens, no drop of water is lost, but the stream is dead.

-William Kingdon Clifford 1879.
I don't play nobody's game; I do not play Clifford's game, your game, Jesus Game, Muhhamed's game, Socrates' game, Bobby's game. Whatever Clifford said is a product of his brain. I am not forced to bow to anybody's mental projections in case these projections are against my Intelligence.

I always create my own rules😵