1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 20:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Believe 'holy' and 'holiness' are outmoded and anachronistic terms. Holiness = justice and righteousness or in 2009 speech... integrity.
    "Holy" and "Holiness" are just ancient terms;
    😡
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 22:13
    Wondering what 'The You' regards as the ultimate source of objective knowledge.

πŸ˜‰
    Last call. Final bump of an honest question seeking an honest answer.

πŸ˜‰
  3. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 05:30
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I'm a huge proponet of suicide and am angered by the fact that there is no suicide pill available on the open market.
    Why must people do insanely violent things like slitting their wrists or blowing their heads off in order to end their hopelessly depressing lives?
    There should be a painless alternative in the form of suicide pills.
    People are going to ...[text shortened]... ake their short lives a little easier?

Don't throw the towel in. Hang yourself with it! πŸ˜›
    I have some mixed feelings on this subject, I have a sister who has tried to slit her wrists twice already this year.
    She was unsucessful and is now going to be in a mental hospital for months or years, not sure exactly.
    So as I was cleansing up blood off her apartment floor tonight, I still can not understand and probably never will understand....why do such a thing to yourself?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 05:42
    Originally posted by mlprior
    I have some mixed feelings on this subject, I have a sister who has tried to slit her wrists twice already this year.
    She was unsucessful and is now going to be in a mental hospital for months or years, not sure exactly.
    So as I was cleansing up blood off her apartment floor tonight, I still can not understand and probably never will understand....why do such a thing to yourself?
    sorry to hear that but to me it sounds like a cry for help, i hope she's getting it now.

ultimately i think if you want to commit suicide you will be successful, there''s just so many ways it can be done.

about 10 years ago while i was at school there was a girl who was always cutting herself and talking about killing herself, she was calling out and the last i heard she was very much alive. then there was this other girl, quite quiet and never really bothered with anyone much, she did kill herself. and by the sound of it knew what she was doing and put the work in to do it right....i don't know squat about cars but she locked herself in and did something with the pipes so the fumes from the car would suffocate her. think she took sleeping pills as well, i don't know.

strange world.
  5. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 05:56
    Originally posted by trev33
    sorry to hear that but to me it sounds like a cry for help, i hope she's getting it now.
    I think we (the family) have all agreed that she is looking for help but noone seems to know how to help her or what to do.
    I hope the doctors at the hospital can shed some light on what to do.

She is the youngest of 4 girls and was very spoiled and had lots of attention and that may be a small part of it. Also there was a divorce and she lost contact with her father...another part of it. She was not able to make it through college so has no career....got married, had a baby, husband left...and the story goes on and on. I keep thinking it can't get any worse and yet it does. What to do?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 06:03
    Originally posted by mlprior
    I think we (the family) have all agreed that she is looking for help but noone seems to know how to help her or what to do.
    I hope the doctors at the hospital can shed some light on what to do.

She is the youngest of 4 girls and was very spoiled and had lots of attention and that may be a small part of it. Also there was a divorce and she lost contact ...[text shortened]... the story goes on and on. I keep thinking it can't get any worse and yet it does. What to do?
    i don't know, maybe she just needs a break from everything? hopefully the doctors will know how to handle her situation as you've said.

was she alone with the baby? that could've been tough on her.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 06:26

πŸ˜‰
    Greedness, rage and delusion have not a nature -they derive from the Human. Once you overcome them, you have your answer.

Do you remember our game? I kept the position without peaks whilst accumulating power y means of development. I did nothing, the advantage of the first move was hidden, my intentions were unclear yet my plan was at first development solely.
    That game was won for the White due to the lack of Objective Knowledge of the Black -and because the Black rushed in.
    Overcome greedness with morality, rage with meditation, delusion with wisdom -this is the way to discover your own answers. My answers are good to me, not necesarily to you.

Nothing Holy😡
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 06:30

πŸ˜‰
    However, Popper would just point out that "...all men are philosophers -some are good and some are not".

This seems to me like Objective Knowledge too😡
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 14:36
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Greedness, rage and delusion have not a nature -they derive from the Human. Once you overcome them, you have your answer.

Do you remember our game? I kept the position without peaks whilst accumulating power y means of development. I did nothing, the advantage of the first move was hidden, my intentions were unclear yet my plan was at first developme ...[text shortened]... o discover your own answers. My answers are good to me, not necesarily to you.

Nothing Holy😡
    Finally a measure of clarity thanks to the handles of an analogy. Appreciate your patience with me and your undeserved good will. Merci...

Nothing Holy or Unholy 😡
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 14:40
    However, Popper would just point out that "...all men are philosophers -some are good and some are not".

This seems to me like Objective Knowledge too😡
    "some are good..."

Operative meaning of 'good' in context = non-threatening to actual accrued intelligence, therefore constructive and useful (or what)?
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 17:07
    Finally a measure of clarity thanks to the handles of an analogy. Appreciate your patience with me and your undeserved good will. Merci...

Nothing Holy or Unholy 😡
    I am thankful too, Bobby palπŸ™‚
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 17:16
    "some are good..."

Operative meaning of 'good' in context = non-threatening to actual accrued intelligence, therefore constructive and useful (or what)?
    Nope; there is a standard procedure regarding the quality of your philosophical thoughts:

1. The theory has to produce a clear and reasonable thesis which it has nothing to do with the "faith" or the "non-faith" factor;

2. The philosopher must not twist the scientific finds and evidence;

3. The philosopher has to produce a fair theory based on common sens, on scientific facts and on scientific evidence;

4. Sophisms are not accepted as logical strings of thought;

5. The thory must not be seen as a means of a mental doctrine, which it has to be absorbed "as is" in order to "free" the "people" from their so called "theological and/ or philosophical delusion". No sermons, no sophisms -just pure philosophical theory!

6. The accuracy of each theory has to cope with the need of the philosopher to be accurate at the exact level that he desires, at each exact string of his thoughts;

7. The theory itself must not be seen as a tool that it can be used in order to promote a solution for problems that have arise or that are supposed to arise in the future;

8. The theory will have to survive severe criticism at every level of undrstanding, therefore the philosopher must be well versed and ever ready to use genuinely his intelligence;

If you can bring up your philosophical theory according with the abv mentioned qualities, it seems to me that you are a good philosopher.

Nothing Holy😡
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 17:42

Nothing Holy or Unholy 😡
    I checked again all my posts at this thread, Bobby, and it seems to me that everything I said is crystal clear. What exactly have you noticed that is unclear?
    😡
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 19:351 edit
    I checked again all my posts at this thread, Bobby, and it seems to me that everything I said is crystal clear. What exactly have you noticed that is unclear?
    😡
    As with the introduction of any new information to a partially constructed frame of reference assimilation, grasp and perspective take time.
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 20:25
    As with the introduction of any new information to a partially constructed frame of reference assimilation, grasp and perspective take time.
    Hence your propensity for speaking before thinking and giving the persistant illusion that you're a numbsack.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree