1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '09 16:362 edits
    Originally posted by black beetle
    At almost every level😵
    Woe unto me for I am unworthy, unwashed and undone. Be swift in your deserved judgement and, perhaps, merciful in its prompt execution.

😞

P.S. Wondering this morning if you might be interested in Round #2... 3/7, 3/14 or whatever suits your fancy or would later in Spring be better?
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Mar '09 17:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Woe unto me for I am unworthy, unwashed and undone. Be swift in your deserved judgement and, perhaps, merciful in its prompt execution.

😞

P.S. Wondering this morning if you might be interested in Round #2... 3/7, 3/14 or whatever suits your fancy or would later in Spring be better?
    Oh it would be my privilege to have a game with you, a Bostonian lion amongst men against this miserable black bug, however later it would be better; right now I 'm engaged at that octet 1950+ and Ralex cut me down in pieces yesterday, not to mention rjcw and Phillidor amongst else...
    In addition every other player has an endless lust for blood and everybody is quite strong, and alltogether they have force me to think think think for complications. It's complicated afterall😵

PS Another thread hijacked big time😛
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '09 18:21
    Oh it would be my privilege to have a game with you, a Bostonian lion amongst men against this miserable black bug, however later it would be better; right now I 'm engaged at that octet 1950+ and Ralex cut me down in pieces yesterday, not to mention rjcw and Phillidor amongst else...
    In addition every other player has an endless lust for blood and eve ...[text shortened]... think for complications. It's complicated afterall😵

PS Another thread hijacked big time😛
    Okay. Meanwhile I'll also make it a point, daily, to contemplate SUBA' S Dynamism... a summary treatise for which I thank you again. -Boston Lad
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Mar '09 18:29
    Okay. Meanwhile I'll also make it a point, daily, to contemplate SUBA' S Dynamism... a summary treatise for which I thank you again. -Boston Lad
    Enjoy your Dynamism all the way down anytime my friend🙂
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '09 18:582 edits
    Another thread hijacked big time😛
    Two men guilty as charged. Mike, however, may relent and issue a slap on the wrist pardon... realizing chess also is often a Matter of Life & Death.

😉
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 04:28
    Two men guilty as charged. Mike, however, may relent and issue a slap on the wrist pardon... realizing chess also is often a Matter of Life & Death.

😉
    Tend to agree once I realize that Life & Death are both a Sacrifice 😵
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 07:01
    Tend to agree once I realize that Life & Death are both a Sacrifice 😵
    I have no opinion on Death really.
    People worry so much about Death, and yet it concerns me not.
    Death is not present in my existence. When Death is present I no longer exist, hence why the worry?

If you've had a successful life then there is no reason to mind its end. If you haven't had a good time why on earth would you seek to add more years to it? 😉
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 08:03
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I have no opinion on Death really.
    People worry so much about Death, and yet it concerns me not.
    Death is not present in my existence. When Death is present I no longer exist, hence why the worry?

If you've had a successful life then there is no reason to mind its end. If you haven't had a good time why on earth would you seek to add more years to it? 😉
    This is fine with me😵
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 09:39
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    Suicide is one of the options that makes life bearable.

edit. and having met you lot I'm starting to wonder if they should make dispensers.
    Suppose they do and they become popular and say, 10% of the population off's themselves, would the percentage of the next generation go up or down that offed themselves?
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 10:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Suppose they do and they become popular and say, 10% of the population off's themselves, would the percentage of the next generation go up or down that offed themselves?
    Your maths much more impresses me in the debates forum! 😉

I reckon it would go up. Offing yourself would become a trend initially.

By the way :- 'offing' oneself could have a completely different pleasurable meaning in certain places!
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 12:28
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Your maths much more impresses me in the debates forum! 😉

I reckon it would go up. Offing yourself would become a trend initially.

By the way :- 'offing' oneself could have a completely different pleasurable meaning in certain places!
    Sure thing🙂

You see, once upon a time the ancient Greeks who lived in Kea isle were doing it voluntarily when they were growing 70 years old and they knew that they could do nothing anymore for their family and the society, acting in accordance with the law “Keion nomimon” (the law of Kea). This law was arranged by the famous Aristeides the Just.
    If the citizen had actually evaluated that he could do nothing more for his family and for the city, he was applying to the leaders of the city in order to explain in full why he had to suicide; then, if the comity was permitting the suicide, the citizen was free to proceed.
    Often this ritual was becoming a splendid fiesta -all the friends of the good ole guy were enjoying a huge symposium with good wine, music and philosophical conversation; and at last the noble ole man was drinking conium, surrounded by his relatives and his best friends, happy and all till beguiled under the full moon he was seeing the enchanted light turning pitch black.
    This ritual stopped about the 3rd century AC because of the Christian religion🙁

Keion nomimon seems fine to me😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree