Suicide Pill

Suicide Pill

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rural North Dakota

Moves
01 Mar 09

Originally posted by Bent
Take enough "over the counter" sleeping pills and your heart will stop.

Painless and you are asleep when it happens.

😴
Don't you believe it! It acts like extreme apnea. The respiratory function ceases and you suffocate while your groggy mind attempts to awaken and grab a breath.

R
Different

Moves
02 Mar 09

Palynka, you know not of what you speak. I bet it is just so easy for you to judge people who you think kill themselves without fighting for life and who just wallow in self-pity. Tell me my friend, what are you suppose to do when you find out your loved one has been brutally murdered in a country where the police are s--- and there is a good chance you will never know who did it, when you hear that his blood has been splattered across the walls of his apartment. And when you know he feared death above all else and know how he must have felt when they came for him, when they were beating him to death. What are you suppose to "wallow" in when you realize you've accidentally washed your own hands raw? When you hear and see things that are not suppose to be there? When you cannot remember which of your memories were dreams and which were reality? When someone you know kills themselves and leaves a note saying it's your fault? When you find out that the people you love and thought loved you are just using you?

And when everyone around you looks down their nose on you and tells you others have bigger problems and you therefore have no right to be depressed - your problems are not important enough.

You do not know all the things the people that kill themselves go through. Don't be so quick to judge.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
02 Mar 09

Originally posted by Raven69
Palynka, you know not of what you speak. I bet it is just so easy for you to judge people who you think kill themselves without fighting for life and who just wallow in self-pity. Tell me my friend, what are you suppose to do when you find out your loved one has been brutally murdered in a country where the police are s--- and there is a good chance y ...[text shortened]... know all the things the people that kill themselves go through. Don't be so quick to judge.
You've got to understand, Raven, Paly is a supersonic, snide pric, s**t head. He always has been. Paly knows all things simply by gazing into his crystal a** hole. Clinical depression is a physical ( neural-transmitter) disease. He has no concept that a clinical depressed person feels physical PAIN. He must assume these people are just feeling sorry for themselves, but he wouldn't feel that way about a person with liver cancer. Wonder if he has ever lain in bed for months at a time all the while telling himself to simply kick the blankets off, sit up, and get out of bed, but none of his muscles respond to his thoughts. Wonder if he ever felt so depressed and full of grief that he was afraid to cry because he thought he would Never Stop.. I actually wonder if he's ever felt anything. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

GRANNY.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 Mar 09

Have you ever felt so hopelessly alone that the pain of it made you want to claw away at your own skin? So completely lost that all you see is darkness? So dead inside that no matter how hard you try you cannot will yourself to care? Did it ever seem to you like you are screaming at the top of your lungs on a crowded street but no one even spares you a glanc ...[text shortened]... ered ending your life even for a moment, then, and only then, can you judge those of us that do.
I once read somewhere that shrinks had a very high rate of suicide...I wonder if it might have to do, with listening to other peoples problems day after day.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
02 Mar 09

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I once read somewhere that shrinks had a very high rate of suicide...I wonder if it might have to do, with listening to other peoples problems day after day.
They also have a high rate of psychiatric disorders I've heard.

WM
The King of Detroit

The Jungle

Moves
02 Mar 09

Originally posted by mikelom
I'm a huge proponet of suicide and am angered by the fact that there is no suicide pill available on the open market.
Why must people do insanely violent things like slitting their wrists or blowing their heads off in order to end their hopelessly depressing lives?
There should be a painless alternative in the form of suicide pills.
People are going to ...[text shortened]... ake their short lives a little easier?

Don't throw the towel in. Hang yourself with it! 😛
A three story building will do. Jump!!!

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
02 Mar 09

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Our life is what our thoughts make it." - Marcus Aurelius

Unfortunately, most people respond; to sight, sound, touch etc with their first reaction. That is where error sets in, in how people's lives are perceived by them, and how they therefore go about their daily life in a manner which they think is well fashioned.

We are human and therefore prone to error. We learn the majority of what we do (90% at least) between the ages of 0-7. Our opinions of all the varying scenarios are set. We react to things in an opinionated way - yet we may well have, in the majority of cases, never even read a word about the subject, discussed it or even had one iota of experience about it. Yet as humans, we believe we are able to make an informed decision about it. WRONG!
The way to live is not to initially react to most things. Don't answer immediately, don't shy away or plunge in, run or jump. We need to condition ourselves to not react in a split second but to take onboard what we have just been challenged to engage with. To take it to our thoughts and decipher it, work at it, and to make a decision as to how, if at all, we will react to it for the best of all present, in a way that is pleasing and positive for everybody to gain fruit. That we can do in split seconds, if we train ourselves to. That is how we can learn not to react in bad ways - because we can modify that way in which we would normally, and often blindly, react to something we haven't ever experienced. That training is part of meditation.

That is my real world.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
02 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
You're confused as to how my ethics relate to my empathy?
I'm confused about why your ability to empathise with someone's reason for an action has anything to do with the ethical category in which you place that action (or if it does).

I don't understand if you're saying "I don't empathise, and, separately, suicide as a result of depression is a bad decision" or "I think it's a bad decision because I can't relate to the reasons for it" or what.

N
10. O-O

Kalispell, MT

Moves
02 Mar 09

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Suicide is an insult to your family, friends, community and the entire human race. Only the deranged mind of a coward would consider it.
Originally posted by Suzianne
Bigoted against people who commit suicide?

Like they care.

Have you ever felt so hopelessly alone that the pain of it made ...[text shortened]... ered ending your life even for a moment, then, and only then, can you judge those of us that do.
I have thought about it a few times, and as we clearly see, decided on a different route. However I think these 3 points of yours are a bit
off. As for cowardice. The compelling causes of suicide are typically
of the value, that calling them cowards for wishing escape from them,
is foolishly misguided. Some cases are weakness. Others I think are almost effect of a mortal emotional wound.

One of my older brothers died in a car wreck when I was younger, and
his twin, my other older brother, took his own life a few days later. I
don't call him a coward. I don't think any less of him for making the
choice. I'll love them both forever and just because I feel pain that
he is gone, doesn't mean its horrible. Just because life for me
became more difficult, and is harder to remember him due to his end,
doesn't give me the right, to blame him for my pain.

-GIN

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
02 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Nowakowski
I have thought about it a few times, and as we clearly see, decided on a different route. However I think these 3 points of yours are a bit
off. As for cowardice. The compelling causes of suicide are typically
of the value, that calling them cowards for wishing escape from them,
is foolishly misguided. Some cases are weakness. Others I think are alm emember him due to his end,
doesn't give me the right, to blame him for my pain.

-GIN
Please excuse me feeling the need to comment, certainly about something of which I have no experience. But I would like to put forward my thought.

Here are three quotes;

Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live.

-Charles Caleb Colton, "The Lacon", 1829

Suicide is not abominable because God prohibits it; God prohibits it because it is abominable.

-­Immanuel Kant

They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice; . . . that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

I think it is clear that suicide is not cowardice, as most seem to use as a way of coping with the real truth of not dealing with it correctly.
I would hesitate that your brother, and forgive me if I am wrong, reacted very hastily, but equally, to his thoughts of not being able to live on. I don't see that as selfish at all. I see that as gut reaction, as a large majority of suicides I believe are spontaneous.

Just to add;

The stigma of self-inflicted death is for some people a hateful blot that demands erasure at all costs.

-William Styron

and

"Forgive those who react hastily. For they really do not know what they do!"

-Mikelom c.f my previous post in this thread.

SS

Moves
02 Mar 09

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
02 Mar 09

The post that was quoted here has been removed
adjusted... thnx

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Mar 09

Originally posted by Nordlys
You were talking about people who suffer from depression. That's not the same as wallowing in self-misery. Would you also lose respect for a person who has a chance to get a fantastic job, but doesn't show up for the job interview because xe's lying in bed with a high fever?
You're comparing killing yourself with skipping a job interview?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Mar 09

Originally posted by smw6869
You've got to understand, Raven, Paly is a supersonic, snide pric, s**t head. He always has been. Paly knows all things simply by gazing into his crystal a** hole. Clinical depression is a physical ( neural-transmitter) disease. He has no concept that a clinical depressed person feels physical PAIN. He must assume these people are just feeling sorry for them ...[text shortened]... top.. I actually wonder if he's ever felt anything. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

GRANNY.
Has he ever... Has he ever... That's just lazy.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Mar 09

Palynka, you know not of what you speak. I bet it is just so easy for you to judge people who you think kill themselves without fighting for life and who just wallow in self-pity. Tell me my friend, what are you suppose to do when you find out your loved one has been brutally murdered in a country where the police are s--- and there is a good chance y ...[text shortened]... know all the things the people that kill themselves go through. Don't be so quick to judge.
Assume what you want about my life, if that helps you feel confident about your opinion.