https://www.definition-of.com/a+bit+of+crumpet

Beware asking for crumpet in UK !!
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 05:002 edits
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    But that's really unhealthy though. How do you have any energy?
    Oh well then I guess the ultimate American breakfast is "off the table"

Country fried steak smothered in white gravy, a generous portion of salted and buttered grits, 2 eggs over medium (sauteed in butter), sausage patties, bacon strips, hash brown casserole (also covered in white gravy), and a stack of buttermilk pancakes well-buttered and doused with Vermont maple syrup.

edit: with the option of a split English muffin, buttered and very lightly salted.

edit 2: for the health-conscious, replace the white gravy on the hash brown casserole with ketchup.
  3. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 22:03
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Oh well then I guess the ultimate American breakfast is "off the table"

Country fried steak smothered in white gravy, a generous portion of salted and buttered grits, 2 eggs over medium (sauteed in butter), sausage patties, bacon strips, hash brown casserole (also covered in white gravy), and a stack of buttermilk pancakes well-buttered and doused wit ...[text shortened]... 2: for the health-conscious, replace the white gravy on the hash brown casserole with ketchup.
    Coincidentally, just this morning, cut everything from the above except grits, just grits, with a little butter...grits...mmm mmm good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree