The Grampy Bobby Forum

The Grampy Bobby Forum

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Self Proclaimed Title Requires Membership" - Russ & Chris
You are free not to discuss it of course.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester

You are free not to discuss it of course.
Discuss what?

Facts underlying my decision to let subscriber status lapse (after five years in force)?

Reasons for the previous wording ('Lonely but happy'😉?

Cause of the contentment and tranquility within my immortal soul?

What?

Moves
23 Sep 12

Discuss what?

Facts underlying my decision to let subscriber status lapse (after five years in force)?

Reasons for the previous wording ('Lonely but happy'😉?

Cause of the contentment and tranquility within my immortal soul?

What?
Why your avatar logo said "lonely but happy" and my question (now for the fourth time at least) of why you have no friends to prevent the lonliness?

Moves
23 Sep 12

Why your avatar logo said "lonely but happy" and my question (now for the fourth time at least) of why you have no friends to prevent the lonliness?
He had it written as his location.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Sep 12
2 edits

1) Why your avatar logo said "lonely but happy" and my question (now for the fourth time at least) of 2) why you have no friends to prevent the lonliness?
1a) Lonely since January, 2003, when my bride of our twenty five year honeymoon departed this life to be face to face with her Lord; 1b) Happy in the face of it because I have learned to be relaxed in both prosperity and adversity; also confident she is in a far better place, free of pain and happy beyond her wildest expectation; 2) Friends I have many (though by your standards, few) because I'm selective. The tenor and tone of our friendships reflect the trust and loyalty foundation on which they've been built. As Ezra Pound observed, "I mate with my own kind upon the crags".

Location (since 1963): http://rbthieme.org/

Read a book!

Moves
23 Sep 12

Manly way to conclude.
I'm glad it meets with your approval.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Sep 12

Originally posted by HandyAndy

I'm glad it meets with your approval.
Approval or declarative sentence?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Nov 12

Approval or declarative sentence?
Gramps, don't let your forum fall into oblivion

rural North Dakota

Moves
24 Nov 12

Originally posted by Ponderable
Gramps, don't let your forum fall into oblivion
He'll be back one of these days. You can count on it. 😉

rc

Moves
24 Nov 12

Originally posted by ale1552
He'll be back one of these days. You can count on it. 😉
I think he's planning on eloping with Emily Dickinson in a beautiful pea green boat, he
mumbled something about honey and plenty of money tied up in a five pound note 🙂

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
25 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I think he's planning on eloping with Emily Dickinson in a beautiful pea green boat, he
mumbled something about honey and plenty of money tied up in a five pound note 🙂
One of my heart throbs as a young'en. Oh wait. That was ANGIE Dickinson. She was a very fine policewoman.

rural North Dakota

Moves
25 Nov 12

Originally posted by sumydid
One of my heart throbs as a young'en. Oh wait. That was ANGIE Dickinson. She was a very fine policewoman.
Angie D. was born into a very poor family just about 40 miles west of where we live. It was in the Coteaus of North Dakota. (Hill country). Peggy Lee was born in a neighoring town. Lots of talent and beauty still exist in these sparsely populated prairies. Blonde Scandinavians. And Germans, too.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
25 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by ale1552
Angie D. was born into a very poor family just about 40 miles west of where we live. It was in the Coteaus of North Dakota. (Hill country). Peggy Lee was born in a neighoring town. Lots of talent and beauty still exist in these sparsely populated prairies. Blonde Scandinavians. And Germans, too.
Ha. Hey, it is not without some degree of embarassment I will admit this. But even as a young boy... like... 10 years old or so? I secretly wished Angie Dickison wasn't wearing anything under that beige trenchcoat...

I wonder why they never had an episode of Policewoman where Angie had a slumber party and a bra-and-panties pillow fight broke out. Oh well... maybe next go 'round.

I think I'll go pour myself a hot cup of coffee and do some... pondering... 🙂

Moves
29 Nov 12
4 edits

Originally posted by sumydid
I secretly wished Angie Dickison wasn't wearing anything under that beige trenchcoat...I wonder why they never had an episode of Policewoman where Angie had a slumber party and a bra-and-panties pillow fight broke out... I think I'll do some...pondering...
and exit ale1552...

Australia

Moves
27 Jan 13