The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 May 21

@very-rusty said
I haven't been here in a while a green tea with no spit in it please! 😉

-VR
You should probably just bring your own tea from home, and guard it vigilantly. 😉

Moves
25 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
You should probably just bring your own tea from home, and guard it vigilantly. 😉
Did you not see the sign as you walked in? “ALL THINGS CONSUMED HERE MUST HAVE BEEN FROM HERE”.

Moves
25 May 21

@great-big-stees said
Did you not see the sign as you walked in? “ALL THINGS CONSUMED HERE MUST HAVE BEEN FROM HERE”.
Sorry about that! Perhaps they were such big letters that I failed to parse them.

Moves
25 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
Sorry about that! Perhaps they were such big letters that I failed to parse them.
Parsely is something we have in abundance in the kitchen. A nice accoutrement to many of our dishes. 🤔

Gothenburg

Moves
25 May 21

@great-big-stees said
Parsely is something we have in abundance in the kitchen. A nice accoutrement to many of our dishes. 🤔
And good for your health too.

Moves
25 May 21

@torunn said
And good for your health too.
Indeed but we do offer some items that might be thought of as, “not so good for you”. 😲😉

Gothenburg

Moves
25 May 21

@great-big-stees said
Indeed but we do offer some items that might be thought of as, “not so good for you”. 😲😉
Can I have one of those less good for me, please?

Moves
25 May 21

@torunn said
Can I have one of those less good for me, please?
They are indicated by the little “devil” symbol beside the item on the menu. Choose one and you shall have it...but please read the the possible consequences of choosing it, which you will find in the at the back of the menu. Oh, and enjoy.👍

Gothenburg

Moves
25 May 21

@great-big-stees said
They are indicated by the little “devil” symbol beside the item on the menu. Choose one and you shall have it...but please read the the possible consequences of choosing it, which you will find in the at the back of the menu. Oh, and enjoy.👍
The 'devil' symbol might mean that the dish is hot and spicy - I'll have it all the same.

Moves
26 May 21
1 edit

If I may, I'd like to order a western omelette, three strips of grilled teriyaki river eel, a mound of hash browns, and some locally brewed ale along the lines of St. Peter's English Ale (i.e., something herbaceous and not too bitter, maybe with a hint of honey in the scent, though not necessarily from honey), and a small bucket of ice in case the ale needs chilling, plus a dish of Irish sea salt, a variety of hot sauces, and of course a bottle of ketchup (without HFCS, though).

I don't mind paying for all that. Made a little bit of dosh off the recent bitcoin collapse.

Moves
26 May 21

The Tavern might be a good place to ask:

Has anyone heard from Chris Guffogg recently? Seems he dropped off the radar about 10 days ago. I hope he's okay.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
The Tavern might be a good place to ask:

Has anyone heard from Chris Guffogg recently? Seems he dropped off the radar about 10 days ago. I hope he's okay.
No haven't seen Hells Caretaker aka Chris Guffogg in a while. Did you check last time he posted or moved?

-VR

Moves
26 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
If I may, I'd like to order a western omelette, three strips of grilled teriyaki river eel, a mound of hash browns, and some locally brewed ale along the lines of St. Peter's English Ale (i.e., something herbaceous and not too bitter, maybe with a hint of honey in the scent, though not necessarily from honey), and a small bucket of ice in case the ale needs chilling, plu ...[text shortened]... gh).

I don't mind paying for all that. Made a little bit of dosh off the recent bitcoin collapse.
We can meet your every wish except for one...that being your request for the brand of beverage. We (me) here at the Tavern have refused to allow it anywhere near hear. BTW...no need for payment we have a very gracious/wealthy benefactor who takes care of all tabs.

Moves
26 May 21

@great-big-stees said
We can meet your every wish except for one...that being your request for the brand of beverage. We (me) here at the Tavern have refused to allow it anywhere near hear. BTW...no need for payment we have a very gracious/wealthy benefactor who takes care of all tabs.
Thank you (and the mysterious benefactor), and perhaps I did not write clearly enough, but I wasn't asking for that brand specifically, but for something locally brewed, to support and appreciate the local brewers.

Moves
26 May 21

@very-rusty said
No haven't seen Hells Caretaker aka Chris Guffogg in a while. Did you check last time he posted or moved?

-VR
Yeah, I checked both of those and also sent him a PM yesterday morning (which admittedly might not be long enough ago to file a missing-person report).