The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
On a tangent (which of course never happens under such influences), my given name actually is Kevin, but at places where the clerks take your name to put it on the ticket, I have also been called Calvin or Kelvin (which is cool). Most recently, at a Burger King my name was put down as Haven, which I thought was very nice.
I'll always know you as C.S.! 😉 Were you putting an application in at Burger King? 😉

-VR

Moves
20 May 21
2 edits

@very-rusty said
I'll always know you as C.S.! 😉 Were you putting an application in at Burger King? 😉

-VR
No, and if I may answer you semi-seriously, it's because if I get a job at this stage (even though I'm just scraping by on my pension), I'd be taking a job away from someone who might really need it. That's short-term. I live in a capitalist, atomizing, alienating society, after all, not a real village.

Long-term, all those jobs might be eliminated in a few years by nanotech (where the people who could afford cars to drive to Burger King will just have them 3d-printed at home) or greenmods (where the people who can afford anything at all will just "go green" with chlorophyll mods and live off sunlight and sunlamps, with no appetite to eat physical food ever again).

"The sky over Shenzhen was the color of static, grayer than Gibson's beard."

Moves
20 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
No, and if I may answer you semi
Whatever floats your boat.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
20 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
at places where the clerks take your name to put it on the ticket
i am either frank zappa
or paul mccartney
i got unceremoniously booted from a taco shoppe two weeks ago for using the name, "epstein"

go figure

Moves
20 May 21

@trev33 said
Whatever floats your boat.
Oh, come on. A hundred years ago I could charge a penny a word for that post. 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
No, and if I may answer you semi-seriously, it's because if I get a job at this stage (even though I'm just scraping by on my pension), I'd be taking a job away from someone who might really need it. That's short-term. I live in a capitalist, atomizing, alienating society, after all, not a real village.

Long-term, all those jobs might be eliminated in a few years by n ...[text shortened]... al food ever again).

"The sky over Shenzhen was the color of static, grayer than Gibson's beard."
OUCH....I didn't mean to hit a sore spot there.

I had assumed you were joking around.

-VR

Moves
20 May 21

@very-rusty said
OUCH....I didn't mean to hit a sore spot there.

I had assumed you were joking around.

-VR
It seems you might be prone to wrong assumptions. Why not just take people at their word? A frog in a toaster oven is not necessarily a Tabarnak de Grenouille. 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
It seems you might be prone to wrong assumptions. 😉
I am sure you've never made a wrong assumption in your life! 😉 😛

-VR

Moves
24 May 21

Glad to see everyone getting along here. I just read over the posts and discovered the news of Lemon’s unfortunate situation and have rescued him. I asked him if was able to identify the person, or persons, who tied him up but he was only able to say that they had an odd accent. The authorities have been called. Now who wants what to eat or drink, or both?

Gothenburg

Moves
24 May 21

@great-big-stees said
Glad to see everyone getting along here. I just read over the posts and discovered the news of Lemon’s unfortunate situation and have rescued him. I asked him if was able to identify the person, or persons, who tied him up but he was only able to say that they had an odd accent. The authorities have been called. Now who wants what to eat or drink, or both?
Odd accent - Swedish...?

SRB

Moves
24 May 21

@torunn said
Odd accent - Swedish...?
She asked, nervously pushing the rope under the counter.

Gothenburg

Moves
24 May 21

@relentless-red said
She asked, nervously pushing the rope under the counter.
We have our preferences...

SRB

Moves
24 May 21

@torunn said
We have our preferences...
😀

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 May 21

I haven't been here in a while a green tea with no spit in it please! 😉

-VR

Moves
24 May 21

@very-rusty said
I haven't been here in a while a green tea with no spit in it please! 😉

-VR
Sir we can, on rare occasions, be a bit acerbic but we never add anything to any of our offerings. Green tea it is...enjoy.👍