1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:561 edit
    @very-rusty said
    You don't have any choice, I do as I am retired!

What would you do if given a choice?

-VR
    Get vaccinated, follow the recommended precautions of hand sanitizing, mask-wearing etc. But it is a nonsense to avoid unvaccinated people in order to be safe when vaccinated people still transmit the virus. If 'avoidance' is your safety measure then you need to avoid all people and live in a cave.

Edit: Please go live in a cave.
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:58
    @very-rusty said
    So you think you have all the answers, I sure don't!

-VR
    ...and that is a straw man. You're working through the logical fallacies i see.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Get vaccinated, follow the recommended precautions of hand sanitizing, mask-wearing etc. But it is a nonsense to avoid unvaccinated people in order to be safe when vaccinated people still transmit the virus. If 'avoidance' is your safety measure then you need to avoid all people and live in a cave.
    I live next to lake in an open secluded area.

So if you were retired and had your choice you would mix with people who were unvaccinated? That was the question.

You flipped the page with your answer: I said I am still concerned about Andy as others on here are. I wish we would hear something from him.

-VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:00
    @huckleberryhound said
    ...and that is a straw man. You're working through the logical fallacies i see.
    Are you all vaccinated up huck?

-VR
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:031 edit
    @very-rusty said
    I live next to lake in an open secluded area.

So if you were retired and had your choice you would mix with people who were unvaccinated? That was the question.

You flipped the page with your answer: I said I am still concerned about Andy as others on here are. I wish we would hear something from him.

-VR
    I'm going to say this as clearly as I can. Vaccinated people can still spread Covid. Only avoiding people who are unvaccinated makes no sense.
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:05
    @very-rusty said
    Are you all vaccinated up huck?

-VR
    Not important to this discussion. The vaccination does prevent you from carrying, or transmitting the virus. In fact, the virus mixing unknown among unwitting vaccinated people, will make it more likely that vaccine resistant variants will emerge.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:06
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm going to say this as clearly as I can. Vaccinated people can still spread Covid. Avoiding people who are unvaccinated makes no sense.
    No one said they couldn't, but I'd sooner avoid people who were not vaccinated, my choice, as yours is to work with these people or would you if you had the choice?

Tell me why in areas where most of the population have had their vaccines less cases than in areas where people have not been vaccinated. Just lucky?

-VR
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:09
    @very-rusty said
    No one said they couldn't, but I'd sooner avoid people who were not vaccinated, my choice, as yours is to work with these people or would you if you had the choice?

Tell me why in areas where most of the population have had their vaccines less cases than in areas where people have not been vaccinated. Just lucky?

-VR
    Not true.

Czech Republic has a vaccine uptake of 30%, a population of 10m, and daily cases of 300.

Republic of Ireland has a vaccine uptake of 71%, population of 4m, daily cases of 1400.

The math does not add up.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:10
    @huckleberryhound said
    Not true.

Czech Republic has a vaccine uptake of 30%, a population of 10m, and daily cases of 300.

Republic of Ireland has a vaccine uptake of 71%, population of 4m, daily cases of 1400.

The math does not add up.
    Perhaps has something to do with mask wearing and not wearing a mask also keeping distance?

-VR
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:13
    @very-rusty said
    Perhaps has something to do with mask wearing and not wearing a mask also keeping distance?

-VR
    Ireland has a stricter mask policy than CZ, stricter distancing policy, and opened up later...in fact, indoor sports classes are only opening up now.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    90% of people in the UK are vaccinated and yet transmission rates are a lot higher than they were this time last year when nobody was vaccinated. The vaccine is a game changer due to it reducing the impact of the virus. It doesn't however stop somebody from being able to pass on the virus to others.
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    90% of people in the UK are vaccinated and yet transmission rates are a lot higher than they were this time last year when nobody was vaccinated. The vaccine is a game changer due to it reducing the impact of the virus. It doesn't however stop somebody from being able to pass on the virus to others.
    Mention Israel.
  13. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:15
    Is the virus vaccinated against rusty ?
    Would a virus that has retired choose to be around rusty ?
    Would said virus want to be introduced to rustys best friend, The googler.
    I think we should be told.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:181 edit
    The Experts can't explain it and admit they are still learning about it.

I am very fortunate where I live small population under 1 million in the Province, In the area I am in which is the Capital of our Province half of the people live here.

I am sure this virus is going to be talked about for decades to come, and long after we have all passed on.

-VR
  15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 22:27
    thoughts no longer follow a rational path

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree