1. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 19:33
    @ogb said
    no single person should have the right to jeopardize the health of the greater society !! These crazy, liberal No-Vaxxers should be placed in isolated "camps" until this Covid-19 has passed...
    So let me get this straight.
    The vaccine is safe and protects you.
    So if you encounter an unvaccinated person they are putting themselves at risk.
    And that somehow threatens you ?
    Because the vaccine is safe and you are protected 😵 😵 😵 😵
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 19:38
    @the-gravedigger said
    So let me get this straight.
    The vaccine is safe and protects you.
    So if you encounter an unvaccinated person they are putting themselves at risk.
    And that somehow threatens you ?
    Because the vaccine is safe and you are protected 😵 😵 😵 😵
    Doesn't mean you aren't going to get it because you been vaccinated, better chances you will survive if you do.

I have my two vaccine shots and still wear a mask and keep my distance, and will be doing so long after they say it is ok not to wear a mask. Too many different variants lurking around.

I wonder how many years we will be dealing with this? I know I will probably not live to see the end of it. Will my children? or their children, etc., etc.,? Much is still unknown in my opinion.

-VR
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:19
    @trev33 said
    He's dumber than an old rusty bucket so i very much doubt it.
    I suspect he is being ironic and holds the exact opposite view.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:23
    @very-rusty said
    Stay away from the Anti-Vaxxers and keep safe.

Or don't and put yourself at more risk than you are already at.

-VR
    To be clear I am not an Anti-Vaxxer, but can you clarify why 'staying away from the Anti-Vaxxers' will keep you safe when you have already conceded that fully vaccinated people still transmit the virus?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:311 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    To be clear I am not an Anti-Vaxxer, but can you clarify why 'staying away from the Anti-Vaxxers' will keep you safe when you have already conceded that fully vaccinated people still transmit the virus?
    I'll tell you what Ghost you go hang out with the Anti-Vaxxers, and get back to me and let me know how you fair out. Getting vaccinated will improve your chances if you get the virus. I am more concerned about staying alive personally. If you're not Vaccinated and I give it to you that is your problem right?

-VR
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:35
    @very-rusty said
    I'll tell you what Ghost you go hang out with the Anti-Vaxxers, and get back to me and let me know how you fair out. Getting vaccinated will improve your chances if you get the virus. I am more concerned about staying alive personally. If you're not Vaccinated and I give it to you that is your problem right?

-VR
    You haven't even attempted to answer the question. Yes, getting vaccinated will help protect you. But why have you singled out staying away from anti-vaxxers as keeping you safe when anybody, vaccinated or not vaccinated can still transmit the virus?

If you don't know, that's okay.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You haven't even attempted to answer the question. Yes, getting vaccinated will help protect you. But why have you singled out staying away from anti-vaxxers as keeping you safe when anybody, vaccinated or not vaccinated can still transmit the virus?

If you don't know, that's okay.
    Like I said you hang with them if you wish, it is entirely up to me not to hang with them, right?

-VR
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:401 edit
    @Very-Rusty

Mark is vaccinated and Steven isn't. Both catch Covid and both have the capacity to spread the virus to others. With you being vaccinated yourself, why is Stephen more of a risk to you than Mark?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:43
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @Very-Rusty

Mark is vaccinated and Steven isn't. Both catch Covid and both have the capacity to spread the virus to others. With you being vaccinated yourself, why is Mark more of a risk to you than Steven?
    Mark is more likely to survive than Steven in my opinion. Are you vaccinated or an anti-Vaxxer? This is probably the bigger question.

-VR
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:45
    @very-rusty said
    Mark is more likely to survive than Steven in my opinion. Are you vaccinated or an anti-Vaxxer? This is probably the bigger question.

-VR
    You can be un vaccinated but pro vaccination. That's a false equivalence.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:46
    @very-rusty said
    Like I said you hang with them if you wish, it is entirely up to me not to hang with them, right?

-VR
    In my job, I mix with both vaccinated people and unvaccinated people and do so in the knowledge that both have the capacity to catch and spread the virus. Hanging out with vaccinated people only wouldn't spare me from the risk of catching Covid.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:47
    @huckleberryhound said
    You can be un vaccinated but pro vaccination. That's a false equivalence.
    So you think you have all the answers, I sure don't!

-VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:50
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    In my job, I mix with both vaccinated people and unvaccinated people and do so in the knowledge that both have the capacity to catch and spread the virus. Hanging out with vaccinated people only wouldn't spare me from the risk of catching Covid.
    You don't have any choice, I do as I am retired!

What would you do if given a choice?

-VR
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:50
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    I was vaccinated before you were, but that is beside the point. Whether or not Mark or Stephen is likely to survive is irrelevant to the question of the risk they pose to you. (Which is equal). If anything mixing with vaccinated people only will lull you into a false sense of security as the risk of transmission is still there.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 20:541 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I was vaccinated before you were, but that is beside the point. Whether or not Mark or Stephen is likely to survive is irrelevant to the question of the risk they pose to you. (Which is equal). If anything mixing with vaccinated people only will lull you into a false sense of security as the risk of transmission is still there.
    LOL@ Ghost....You avoided giving an answer what you would do if retired?

I am retired, so I'd say my chances are less than yours of coming into contact with the virus, not saying I am immune as no one is!

Hopefully you will be safe. I am still wondering about Andy.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree