1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 18:12
    Thanks for making it cheaper for me to visit N. Ireland but otherwise what a bunch racist, narrow-minded, gullible idiots.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 18:151 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Thanks for making it cheaper for me to visit N. Ireland but otherwise what a bunch racist, narrow-minded, gullible idiots.
    On behalf of the 18,000,000 who voted leave with a majority of 1,300,000 and form a cross-section of the U.K. and who disagree with you, I'd like to say: look in the mirror.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 18:17
    Yes, the media has put forward the idea that everyone who voted to leave is a 'racist, narrow-minded, gullible idiot.'

Of course to believe that, you need to be a narrow-minded, gullible idiot.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 18:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    On behalf of the 18,000,000 who voted leave with a majority of 1,300,000 and form a cross-section of the U.K. and who disagree with you, I'd like to say: look in the mirror.
    How pompous to talk on behalf of 18 million people.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 19:01
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes, the media has put forward the idea that everyone who voted to leave is a 'racist, narrow-minded, gullible idiot.'

Of course to believe that, you need to be a narrow-minded, gullible idiot.
    Different media are saying different things, I prefer to share my own opinion. Only time will tell but with the early looks of it, the result doesn't bode will for UK in general.

Will add misinformed to the list.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 19:53
    Come back when you're sober.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:05
    How arrogant and bigoted to stereotype 18,000,000 people as racist narrow-minded, gullible idiots.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:06
    Come back when you're sober.
    I've had to wait two weeks to start this thread.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:07
    I've had to wait two weeks to start this thread.
    😵
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:13
    How arrogant and bigoted to stereotype 18,000,000 people as racist narrow-minded, gullible idiots.
    I disagree, but I'm not calling all of the 18 million each word on the list, people voted for different reason and can, in time, decide themselves which box they belong in. You left out misinformed, my apologizes for leaving it out in the first post.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:13
    😵
    😉
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:262 edits
    Still, all in all, I think time will show they have shot themselves in the rhetorical foot. We all know Scotland wants to stay in the EU, Ireland proper IS in the EU and now maybe Wales will join in the EU wishlist.

It might be the end of the UK, thereafter just K. It seems to have been a generational vote, youth wanting to stay in, elders, out. But the genie is out of the bottle now and is too big to stuff back in.

To say nothing of giving impetus to some of the other countries in trouble like Greece to bow out also, maybe starting a stampede where the EU is now Germany and France.

I hope I am wrong but it smells like that could happen.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:283 edits
    I disagree, but I'm not calling all of the 18 million each word on the list, people voted for different reason and can, in time, decide themselves which box they belong in. You left out misinformed, my apologizes for leaving it out in the first post.
    I've received more abuse from remain voters, from people who I thought were friends, in the last week than I've pretty much had in my whole life. I've been called a racist and and an several other derogatory terms because I voted against the anti-democracy of the EU?

Democracy is everything, it is worth dying for and many people have over the centuries - but sure, you side with the bankers, the corporates and the politicians who on most other days you rail against.

This was your chance to stand for democracy and against all that crap and you blew it.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Still, all in all, I think time will show they have shot themselves in the rhetorical foot. We all know Scotland wants to stay in the EU, Ireland proper IS in the EU and now maybe Wales will join in the EU wishlist.

It might be the end of the UK, thereafter just K.

To say nothing of giving impetus to some of the other countries in trouble like Greec ...[text shortened]... ere the EU is now Germany and France.

I hope I am wrong but it smells like that could happen.
    You miss the point. This vote was a vote for freedom and democracy. Shootings in the foots and other sound biting media snap-shots mean zero.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:321 edit
    You miss the point. This vote was a vote for freedom and democracy. Shootings in the foots and other sound biting media snap-shots mean zero.
    In the short term, sure. But what will happen come 5 years from now?

I guess the UK or what's left of it won't go under but there will be repercussions against the UK, as much as the EU spouts off about no recriminations.

But as you said, it is an exercise in democracy. You have made your bed and now have to live in it. The dice has been rolled. The road is murky. The plane is flying through fog, and all sorts of other droll statements🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree