1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In the short term, sure. But what will happen come 5 years from now?

I guess the UK or what's left of it won't go under but there will be repercussions against the UK, as much as the EU spouts off about no recriminations.
    Whatever it is you are talking about, you know nothing of it.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Whatever it is you are talking about, you know nothing of it.
    And it is clear nobody else does either. I am just casting a worried vote that's all. I hope it works out for you.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:391 edit
    It seems to me that the problem with those who think the UK have made an error, must have forgotten what democracy is.

Democracy means that parliamentary power remains with the British voters via the electoral system. The EU is fundamentally a body of unelected beurocrats. Why on earth the remainers are happy with this is absolutely astonishing to me.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:40
    Still, all in all, I think time will show they have shot themselves in the rhetorical foot. We all know Scotland wants to stay in the EU, Ireland proper IS in the EU and now maybe Wales will join in the EU wishlist.

It might be the end of the UK, thereafter just K. It seems to have been a generational vote, youth wanting to stay in, elders, out. But th ...[text shortened]... ere the EU is now Germany and France.

I hope I am wrong but it smells like that could happen.
    At the moment it's already just a kingdom, very much not united. If the result shows anything is that very region in Scotland wanted to stay in the E.U. and if given the opportunity again to leave the UK probably will so they can apply to rejoin the E.U.

The majority, possibly vast majority of leave voters were either old, uneducated or both.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:41
    It seems to me that the problem with those who think the UK have made an error, must have forgotten what democracy is.

Democracy means that parliamentary power remains with the British voters via the electoral system. The EU is fundamentally a body of unelected beurocrats. Why on earth the remainers are happy with this is absolutely astonishing to me.
    Well, your vote may have started a stampede that ends the grand experiment that was the EU.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:44
    Well, your vote may have started a stampede that ends the grand experiment that was the EU.
    Let's hope so. It's been going 40+ years so it's time for a revolution.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:551 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    At the moment it's already just a kingdom, very much not united. If the result shows anything is that very region in Scotland wanted to stay in the E.U. and if given the opportunity again to leave the UK probably will so they can apply to rejoin the E.U.

The majority, possibly vast majority of leave voters were either old, uneducated or both.
    Gullible misinformed narrow-minded racist idiots are also old and uneducated...
    So what's next, ugly and bad smelling?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 21:011 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Gullible misinformed narrow-minded racist idiots are also old and uneducated...
    So what's next, ugly and bad smelling?
    The premise that one person's vote is worth more than another person's vote based on their respective ages, is one of the most repellant notions to be floated in living democratic memory.

**next to racism.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 21:02

I'd rather it be up to parliament then to give the vote to people who listen to newspapers like The Sun, a complete racist in Nigel Farage, the pompous Boris Johnson and not the Prime Minister who they elected twice.

Democracy or not, time will show it was a mistake.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 21:03
    I'd rather it be up to parliament then to give the vote to people who listen to newspapers like The Sun, a complete racist in Nigel Farage, the pompous Boris Johnson and not the Prime Minister who they elected twice.

Democracy or not, time will show it was a mistake.
    Standing up for democracy is never a "mistake" no matter what the cost. You need to read your history.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 21:28
    Just watching the news; lol.

All the retail corporates are blaming brexit for their crap sales results. It was only two weeks ago you tossers!
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 21:54
    Standing up for democracy is never a "mistake" no matter what the cost. You need to read your history.
    So in every democratic vote in history, there have been no mistakes? Sounds like i'm not the only one who needs to read his history... just because it was the majority vote of those who could be bothered to turn up and vote doesn't mean it wasn't or won't be proven to be a mistake. I wonder how many would still vote to leave after the £350 million extra to the NHS con was revealed after the result.

I'm not going to fall out with anyone who voted to leave, everyone has the right to their own choice and opinion but I'm not going to agree or be happy with that decision.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 05:441 edit
    I'm not going to fall out with anyone who voted to leave...
    Probably best not to call them all a "bunch of racist, narrow-minded, gullible idiots" then. 🙄
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 05:502 edits
    So in every democratic vote in history, there have been no mistakes? Sounds like i'm not the only one who needs to read his history... just because it was the majority vote of those who could be bothered to turn up and vote doesn't mean it wasn't or won't be proven to be a mistake.
    The vote was the vote. Remain lost because they failed to convince the leave population of what to them was blatantly obvious. Clearly it wasn't blatantly obvious. Downshifting into calling 18,000,000 people racists and gullible idiots because you (they) failed to convince them of what was blatantly obvious just makes you look petulant.

Besides when I talk about anti-democracy, I'm talking about the EU itself. My position is throughly explained (as are others) in the "Brexit, relations so far" Thread 169237 in this forum.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 07:41
    Probably best not to call them all a "bunch of racist, narrow-minded, gullible idiots" then. 🙄
    You left out old, uneducated and misinformed 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree