1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 12:36
    Originally posted by @bucks12965
    Why isn't it on your computer anymore?
    Either it fell off on its own accord or was eaten by my cat.

Whatever the reason, I'm trying to remain positive about it.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 12:56
    My wife has told me for years that I am a negative person. I am making a concerted effort to be positive. The only things I now post are positive. I figure it's a start.
    What you need is an app that will deliver an electric shock every time you become negative.
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 13:07
    The third awakening is to enjoy serenity. This is to be away from the crowds and stay alone in a quiet place. Thus it is called “to enjoy serenity in seclusion.”
    - Dogen (1200-1253)
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 14:08
    My wife has told me for years that I am a negative person. I am making a concerted effort to be positive. The only things I now post are positive. I figure it's a start.
    What's there to be positive about? Humans progressively use earth more and more as their own personal garbage bin for centuries, raping the sea and land to feed their short term goals, stomachs and pockets. It's not sustainable, we as a race are not sustainable, eating, drinking, building and polluting excessively. We're doomed!
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 14:13
    Nothing good can come out of trying to be postitive. You have to want to be Positive as I am 99.9 % of the time. 😉

-VR
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 14:19
    Originally posted by @trev33
    What's there to be positive about? Humans progressively use earth more and more as their own personal garbage bin for centuries, raping the sea and land to feed their short term goals, stomachs and pockets. It's not sustainable, we as a race are not sustainable, eating, drinking, building and polluting excessively. We're doomed!
    Trev I am 100% positive that you might just about have the rightish answer there well almost.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 14:32
    The question you might want to ask is how do we clean up the mess which is man made, which would be a more positive attitude to have.

-VR
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 14:54
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    The question you might want to ask is how do we clean up the mess which is man made, which would be a more positive attitude to have.

-VR
    Education but people are greedy, self-centered creatures by nature and with population increasing more within the less educated than education we're not getting any smarter.

A perfect example was this summer, for about 2 months it didn't rain here, this is Ireland it always rains. So obviously people needed to use more water, farmers pay for their water but regular people don't and it got to the point where the water company couldn't cope with demand and reservoirs were depleting quite considerably so they introduced a temporary hose pipe ban. It takes times and money to process water into the drinkable stuff that comes out of our magic tapes. What did people do? They complained, people were being interviewed on the news saying "we only get a short summer lets us enjoy it"... and so on, the perfect short term thinking response. Big picture? No, I want my grass to be green now. Conservation classes needs to be introduced into all schools throughout the world, when that happens I'll be more positive.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 15:36
    Education but people are greedy, self-centered creatures by nature and with population increasing more within the less educated than education we're not getting any smarter.

A perfect example was this summer, for about 2 months it didn't rain here, this is Ireland it always rains. So obviously people needed to use more water, farmers pay for their water ...[text shortened]... to be introduced into all schools throughout the world, when that happens I'll be more positive.
    If this is the case, you may never be positive. Man will always be self-centered and greedy. That isn't going to change, but government can work on cleaning up the environment. It could take many decades to clean up what we have destroyed no one to blame but ourselves. You can put it all on big business if you wish but people work for big business that does a lot of the pollution. If I knew the answers I'd be a politician, but I don't.

-VR
  10. Standard memberBucks12965
    Bucks12965
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 16:09
    carpe diem
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 16:41
    carpe diem
    Carpe diem, (Latin: “pluck the day” or “seize the day&rdquo😉 phrase used by the Roman poet Horace to express the idea that one should enjoy life while one can. ... The phrase carpe diem has come to stand for Horace's entire injunction, and it is more widely known as “seize the day.”

-VR
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 18:51
    carpe diem
    Which of course is an anagram of:

Me, Crap, Die.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 19:35
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Me, Crap, Die.
    You will not get an arguement from me on that one!!!

-VR
  14. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 19:39
    Don't sweat it. It will cease being self-sustaining long, long, long after your gone.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 20:15
    Originally posted by @mudfinger
    Don't sweat it. It will cease being self-sustaining long, long, long after your gone.
    Because it's 'okay' to not give a damn about your descendants?

The next generation always pays the past due bills of the previous one. Problem is, we've been 'kicking the can' down the road for generations.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree