Very Rusty

Very Rusty

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 Jun 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Ooh, I like digestives. (Can eat 5 in one sitting).

Edit: Okay 8.
I'm sure they are good for the digestion; probably scrape out the gut, roughage.

Clarification please. When I lived in England, people referred to sweet biscuits and savoury biscuits, what Americans would call cookies and crackers, respectively. However, it seems to me that digestives are neither nor. Of course, I'm not referring to digestives garnished with milk chocolate or dark chocolate, but the plain ones. So is there actually third classification of biscuits, into which digestives fall?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You are cordially invited sir to write a micro-fiction about digestives.

You can post it here if you like, in my biscuit thread.
Where is your biscuit thread? I don't see it only a poll you started in my thread!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
No, goad it got the thread lively.......Do you really think I care about the outcome and that I'll quit posting if the majority who are the misfits and friends out vote everyone else and those who don't even look at these threads because they are more interested in chess. Also they don't want people like you on their backs all the time!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
A bump just for my good buddy 'goad'! πŸ˜‰

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jun 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
No, goad it got the thread lively.......
Yes. People do rather like biscuits.

SRB

Moves
01 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You are cordially invited sir to write a micro-fiction about digestives.

You can post it here if you like, in my biscuit thread.
The Digestive Biscuit

The digestive biscuit allows a chap to have a biscuit without enjoying himself. Like the hard grease proof paper qualities of the Izal medicated toilet paper of my youth or a lumpy horse hair mattress, this is the stuff of Empire. Limited understanding of the cultural significance resulted in chocolate coated varieties, but the plain digestive biscuit is the sweet biscuit without sweetness. The character building biscuit that maximises the stiffness of the upper lip. For many years it was the only biscuit offered to inpatients before the world went mad, adding pleasant flavours to medicines. The end is nigh.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jun 20

@moonbus said
I'm sure they are good for the digestion; probably scrape out the gut, roughage.

Clarification please. When I lived in England, people referred to sweet biscuits and savoury biscuits, what Americans would call cookies and crackers, respectively. However, it seems to me that digestives are neither nor. Of course, I'm not referring to digestives garnished with milk chocolate ...[text shortened]... t the plain ones. So is there actually third classification of biscuits, into which digestives fall?
It's a true fact sir they are not allowed to be called Digestives in America due to them having no actual role in the process of digestion.

For clarity, a biscuit goes soft when it is stale while a cake goes hard.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jun 20

@petewxyz said
The Digestive Biscuit

The digestive biscuit allows a chap to have a biscuit without enjoying himself. Like the hard grease proof paper qualities of the Izal medicated toilet paper of my youth or a lumpy horse hair mattress, this is the stuff of Empire. Limited understanding of the cultural significance resulted in chocolate coated varieties, but the plain digestive biscui ...[text shortened]... red to inpatients before the world went mad, adding pleasant flavours to medicines. The end is nigh.
Splendid!

This biscuit thread is really gaining momentum.

Moves
01 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Have you ever tried a cheap "Graham Cracker", shot of Sambuca and an espresso bean for chaser?
After you chew the bean, you'll find pleasure in refilling the shot glass.

Now that's a digestivo's digestivo!
Also, an off-day Breakfast of Champions!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jun 20

@wolfe63 said
Have you ever tried a cheap "Graham Cracker", shot of Sambuca and an espresso bean for chaser?
After you chew the bean, you'll find pleasure in refilling the shot glass.

Now that's a digestivo's digestivo!
Also, an off-day Breakfast of Champions!
By Jove sir, I will try it!

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 Jun 20

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I wandered lonely as a digestive biscuit . . .

(to be continued)

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jun 20

@moonbus said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I wandered lonely as a digestive biscuit . . .

(to be continued)
I wandered lonely as a digestive biscuit
that crumbles on high o'er Vales and Hills

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Well being how many votes are big thing for you I have 17 you have 15. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
Well being how many votes are big thing for you I have 17 you have 15. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
Psst, the majority of those votes are for you to be ignored.

Go with the biscuits...

Über-Nerd

Moves
02 Jun 20

An ounce of biscuit is worth a pound of crumbs.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Jun 20

Ah, the joviality of biscuits.