[youtube]urtnT72dVnw[/youtube]
    Thank you, that worked, nice.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 20:382 edits
    @Torunn
    I was pleasantly surprised to see John Williams playing backup guitar in Ralph's honor.

I got a number of the John Williams/Julian Bream records back in the day.

There was one, where they did a whole duet recording of pieces done by Iad Presti and Alexandria LaGoya and I thought that husband and wife team did a better job on the pieces than Julian and John.

Listening to both duets with earphones and stereo, I could never tell which side was Ida and which side was Alex! I did think I could tell the difference in technique between Julian and John. My favorite classical players: Ida Presti, Segovia, Bream, Christopher Parkening, maybe in that order. Ida was never known to have EVER made a mistake!

Also on the earlier posts I did, did you listen and find the same issues? Should I limit my posts to just 2 or 3?
    It's I am like a kid in a candy store when I start coming across all those great acoustic musicians.
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 07:46
    @sonhouse said
    @Torunn
    I was pleasantly surprised to see John Williams playing backup guitar in Ralph's honor.

I got a number of the John Williams/Julian Bream records back in the day.

There was one, where they did a whole duet recording of pieces done by Iad Presti and Alexandria LaGoya and I thought that husband and wife team did a better job on the pieces than Julian and John. ...[text shortened]... It's I am like a kid in a candy store when I start coming across all those great acoustic musicians.
    If it's music you really want us to listen to, the perhaps post one or two. 🙂
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 10:261 edit
    Sometimes I love YouTube.

Just found a channel with 2 hours of ocean view and mellow notes of wind chimes.

YouTube
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 01:40
    @WOLFE63
    Brings back memories of Venice Beach. Sigh. Back in the innocent good old days.....
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 18:40
    Immediately loved this song after discovering it in a film I watched about Aileen Wuornos, The Selling of a Serial Killer, who had it played at her funeral after her death sentence.

Natalie Merchant ~ Carnival

YouTube
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 18:59
    @drewnogal

Here is the full movie:

YouTube
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 19:04
    I used to dive (hence dive-geester) twice a year in the Gulf of Aqaba and the Red Sea, leaving early in the morning and returing late afternoon as the sun was beginning it’s decent from el-scorchio.

Every dive and every dive-day is etched in my memory of that wonderful place now wrecked by polical and religious crazy. But one day on the boat home after some of the most amazing diving at Ras Mohamed; jumping into 800 metres of deep blue, surrounded by the chaos of thousands of fish of all sizes, awestruck by the underwater geology of the chasm, drifting along the almost vertical drop-off past 12 foot fan corals and amazing creatures.

Back on the boat I had rinsed off and grabbed a large Sakara Gold beer, climbed upstairs to the sun deck and leaned back against the rail, face to the baking sun. As I pressed my in earphones a dive buddy offered me a Marlboro light and I clicked the next track on my phone as I surveyed the other dive boats heading home, each bathed in the warming orange of the descending sun.

One of life’s wonderful moments as this song kicked in.

YouTube
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 19:501 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @drewnogal

Here is the full movie:

[youtube]oPD2hd6y_C8[/youtube]
    That’s the exact one I watched. I also saw Charlize Theron in Monster. She so deserved her Oscar for that!

Such a tragic woman don’t you think? She should never have been put to death.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 19:52
    @divegeester

Quite an image in those words. Life is good.
    🙂
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 20:241 edit
    Mascagni - Cavalleria rusticana: Intermezzo

YouTube

or like this:

YouTube

a little different.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 23:301 edit
    @drewnogal
    Yep, life behind bars maybe, but the electric chair is barbaric.

2400 volts at 8 amps. Jesus, that is almost 20,000 watts going through her body.
    A microwave oven only puts out ONE thousand watts......

I thought not many states still did executions but a quick look shows states that DON"T are in the minority.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 22:19
    @sonhouse
    Back to music, I just found this amazing guitarist from Greece, Evangelos Assimakopoulos
    He has dozens of pieces on youtube, this one is the Capricho Arabe by Tarrega

YouTube
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 21:34
    @sonhouse
    Just raw beauty: Taimane playing Wicked Game, !!
    YouTube
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 22:58
    Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis ~ Ralph Vaughan Williams

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree