Beautiful music.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 11:02
    Jerry Riopelle - Easy Driver

YouTube

An Arizona local legend, we lost him December 26, 2018, at 77, from cancer. Saw his New Year's Eve shows many times.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 15:43
    @Suzianne
    I read he was born in Detroit and resided in Tampa, when did he show up in Arizona? We used to live in Scottsdale a long time ago, in the 1980's and I don't remember hearing about him then. But I see he has a BUNCH of albums and CD collections, one of them I see for 130 bucks for a 4 CD set, long list.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 17:49
    @sonhouse said
    @Suzianne
    I read he was born in Detroit and resided in Tampa, when did he show up in Arizona? We used to live in Scottsdale a long time ago, in the 1980's and I don't remember hearing about him then. But I see he has a BUNCH of albums and CD collections, one of them I see for 130 bucks for a 4 CD set, long list.
    I visited Scottsdale a couple of times in the late 80's - nice place.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 13:38
    @Torunn
    Yes it was! We moved from Venice Beach where we had a 1200 square foot house that now clocks in at 700,000 so it seems from that POV we never should have left Venice Beach, but we did get a house twice the size with a pool and a bunch of citrus trees for one tenth the present price of the Venice Beach house.
    Then in another stupid move, I moved us to Slatington Pa, where I found a house twice the size of the Scottsdale home for a thousand less close to schools which was my wife's spec sheet, now totally disgusted with the redneck 'Pennsylvania Dutch, Dumb and proud of it' good old boy town we live in now where all of our kids have had run ins with the cops, we have a mixed race family and they don't like brown skins here and even my heritage, Irish, was hated here, Irish and Welsh, big problems with that too, all of that unbeknowst to us when we first moved here.
    Now our highest priority is getting the hell out of this no culture town.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 08:17
    Any metal fan here? i'm listening Lights out - Devils Gun on spotify now, get the app from apknite and still updating my playlist with more songs. thanks you guys for the suggestions.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 08:51
    @sonhouse said
    @Torunn
    Yes it was! We moved from Venice Beach where we had a 1200 square foot house that now clocks in at 700,000 so it seems from that POV we never should have left Venice Beach, but we did get a house twice the size with a pool and a bunch of citrus trees for one tenth the present price of the Venice Beach house.
    Then in another stupid move, I moved us to Slatington Pa, ...[text shortened]... when we first moved here.
    Now our highest priority is getting the hell out of this no culture town.
    My impression of Scattsdale was that it was mostly well-off elderly people living in sheltered areas.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 14:43
    @Torunn
    There certainly was that but were we lived, it was working class families. We lived in the Los Arcos Mall area (that mall is history now) near 'hole in the rock' and not too many retired lived there, but there was a retired couple living next door, and in a really weird thing happened to them. They had a spa and apparently both of them were in the spa but the water was set at too high a temperature and they were both found dead in the spa, looks like they were basically slow cooked. The whole neighborhood was in shock.
  9. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 21:34
  10. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 22:25
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Feb '19 17:41
    @Green-Paladin
    The great Pat Sky: a song he wrote a long time ago, played lately,
    Many a Mile

YouTube
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Feb '19 19:38

Removed by poster

13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 21:30
    Molly Tuttle, virtuoso flat picker, analyzed:

YouTube
  14. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 21:34
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 21:45
    @green-paladin said
    [youtube]6SP5JHLqXM8[/youtube]
    Very nice.

Hints of where Robert Cray got some influence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree