What are you watching?

What are you watching?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
24 Mar 21

@very-rusty said
Back at you! I gave Suzie Q the rare thumb up for watching that Eddie Murphy movie it was so funny, back to back with both of them even better to see at the same time.

-VR
another thumbs up buddy

Moves
24 Mar 21

@suzianne said
Been on an Eddie Murphy kick lately.

Saw Coming to America last week and then 48 Hrs after seeing talk about it here. Prolly check out both sequels sometime this week.
I like this idea.

"Coming 2 America" has great costumes (probably the "Black Panther" influence).

SRB

Moves
27 Mar 21

Sky Arts - Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder

Moves
27 Mar 21

@relentless-red said
Sky Arts - Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder
The best Sky channel imo.

F

Moves
28 Mar 21

@fmf said
Just finished all three series of Suburra.There was a feature length film of the same name that preceded it; also looks good.
The film is arguably even better than the TV series.

Moves
28 Mar 21

@fmf said
The film is arguably even better than the TV series.
It might surprise you to know that I have given a green thumb to some of your recommendations in this thread. I am kind of scattered, though, and can't promise I'll sit still for any long series.

Moves
21 Apr 21

Recently I watched "Synchronic" and during the opening credits it was cool to see it was another Moorhead&Benson film.

After that I watched "Burning" by Lee Chang-Dong.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
03 May 21

We have just finished the Norwegian "Beforeigners". And interesting time-travel story. My wife is already pining for the second season...

F

Moves
17 May 21

Hunters, a 10 episode TV series starring Al Pacino [in his first-ever TV series lead role, times have changed, the status of good TV ranks up there with good films now].

Hunting down Nazis and breaking up a Fourth Reich conspiracy in mid-1970s U.S.A. It is, in parts, a pastiche of comic book story-telling and 'band of heroes', some surreal bits, brutal violence, some superb acting, and very stark and shocking when it revisits incidents from the Holocaust. It has polarized critics [see wiki] but I like it.

Moves
17 May 21

My rating do what it most often does...drop.

Moves
18 May 21
2 edits

"Pulse", a Japanese ghost/suspense/horror movie by Kiyoshi Kurosawa (director of "Creepy"; not related to Akira Kurosawa).

F

Moves
12 Jun 21

State of the Union

British TV series with Rosamund Pike and Chris O'Dowd, ten x 10-minute episodes, very well observed, both riveting and laugh out loud at times, perfectly performed, and conspicuously well-written [by Nick Hornsby]. An estranged couple meet in a pub each week for a drink before their marriage counselling session. This is one of the most exquisite TV series I've seen in a long time.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21

@great-big-stees said
My rating do what it most often does...drop.
So long as you're having fun, that is all that really matters Stees.

-VR

SRB

Moves
18 Jun 21

Haven't watch this for years. Timeless.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jun 21

@kevin-eleven said
Recently I watched "Synchronic" and during the opening credits it was cool to see it was another Moorhead&Benson film.

After that I watched "Burning" by Lee Chang-Dong.
Do you recommend "Synchronic"?

I noticed it was on Netflix but haven't given it a go, yet.