1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Jun '21 23:552 edits
    @suzianne said
    Do you recommend "Synchronic"?

I noticed it was on Netflix but haven't given it a go, yet.
    No, I'm not sure I would recommend it, but could be a matter of taste. Maybe give it 20 minutes or so to see if you like it? It's a nice art-house/indie vehicle for Anthony Mackie, but just middling overall. But not unwatchable, either. It's set in New Orleans present and past, in case that helps.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 00:02
    As for me, two more episodes to go in "Alice in Borderland" -- which I might miscategorize as a science-fiction survival-horror story with some shocking moments.

After the first episode I wasn't sure I wanted to continue. But after watching "Theatre: A Love Story" on Amazon Prime (a character study about a somewhat lost young playwright which also features Kento Yamazaki), I decided to give "Arisu" another try.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 00:45
    A nice change of pace after "Arisu in Borderland" has been "Midnight Diner" -- a show about a little late-night snack bar (Shinjuku district?) and the stories of its clientele.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 01:18
    Das Boot, series 2. The TV series, not the film. Enjoying it, as I did series 1. It's set half at sea and half on land, making it very different from the film.
  5. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 01:571 edit
    The Roy Rogers Show S3E10 "Kid From Silver City"
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 06:25
    @kevin-eleven said
    No, I'm not sure I would recommend it, but could be a matter of taste. Maybe give it 20 minutes or so to see if you like it? It's a nice art-house/indie vehicle for Anthony Mackie, but just middling overall. But not unwatchable, either. It's set in New Orleans present and past, in case that helps.
    I like Anthony Mackie, he was good in season 2 of Altered Carbon.

Finished Shadow and Bone, so I'm now on to Timeless, 3 eps in.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '21 01:00
    Tampa Bay vs Islanders game 7 to see who, my Habs will meet for the Stanley Cup.👍
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Jul '21 02:512 edits
    @kevin-eleven said
    A nice change of pace after "Arisu in Borderland" has been "Midnight Diner" -- a show about a little late-night snack bar (Shinjuku district?) and the stories of its clientele.
    If anyone else likes "Midnight Diner" (as I do), "Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories" is really just seasons 4 and 5 from a different production company, but with the same actors.

It's a show for adults with real-life themes, some happy outcomes, and some melancholy and regrets, and also some nice humor. For me it has been a comforting and life-improving tonic.

There are also two MD movies available on viki dot com.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Jul '21 19:01
    'Escape at Dannemora' - American television series, starring Benicio Del Toro, Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano, Bonnie Hunt. Based on a true story.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree