1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '16 03:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is no hypocrisy on my part. It was you, after all, and not me, who was lionizing him as a Christian. It was you who started the thread on the Spirituality Forum extolling him on account of the fact he was a Jehovah's Witness, not me.
    your hypocrisy lies in attempting to get some moral leverage from a musician whose music you collected and apparently listened to and which you are on public record as having described as being 'prolific'.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '16 04:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow man, what a flunkie, have you no self respect? You are the me too troll, too wussy to troll yourself you slink up to your idol FMF, man you suck!
    Lol
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '16 04:08
    your hypocrisy lies in attempting to get some moral leverage from a musician whose music you collected and apparently listened to and which you are on public record as having described as being 'prolific'.
    There is nothing whatsoever hypocritical in what he is saying.

You started a thread in the spirituality forum without thinking it through. Your organisation talked about "brother Prince" in a similar misconceived way, and you just picked it up and regurgitated it without a second thought. If you thought for yourself about your religious beliefs instead of simply regurgitating what you were told by your overlords you would not end up with your metaphorical underwear at your ankles on the internet so often.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '16 04:14
    But I am not a Christian, robbie. While you are. And I am not celebrating the fact that Prince was a Christian. While you are.

When you were asked if his work would have been appropriate and acceptable in the eyes of his "elders" and his "brothers" at his Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall ~ you characterized this question as narrow minded moralizing.

You sought to defend him in this clumsily personalized way, bizarrely, on a thread where the very topic was his Christian principles ~ and by extension yours.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 May '16 07:03
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Real Christians
    I'd love to learn how to tell them from each other.

Can you provide me a list with the defining traits of real Christians, please?
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 May '16 07:09
    LOL Joshua was not a Christian
    He was a Jew, just like the Nazarene Yeshua, whom Christians
    call the Messiah. And it is all in the Tanakh. Are you telling me
    that the New Testament invalidates its foundation and there is
    an "us and them" from Christians regarding Jews and the
    Scriptural history and teachings?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '16 08:542 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse

Generally speaking, in these forums, "real Christians" define other "real christians" as being those who never publicaly detract from their particular form of the Christian religion no matter what is being said. It all very interesting and amusing to see these partisan cliques forming and reforming depending on who is in the out-group. Often I am in the out group and come under considerable flack from those in the in-group (including Lemon Lime) for not toeing the party line.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '16 09:27
    He was a Jew, just like the Nazarene Yeshua, whom Christians
    call the Messiah. And it is all in the Tanakh. Are you telling me
    that the New Testament invalidates its foundation and there is
    an "us and them" from Christians regarding Jews and the
    Scriptural history and teachings?
    yes Jesus himself describes this division as a chasm!
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 May '16 11:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    toeing the party line.
    Is RHP Christianity the Communist Party?
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 May '16 11:58
    yes Jesus himself describes this division as a chasm!
    Source?
  11. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    30 May '16 18:19
    I think it would be almost impossible to engage in any kind of vocation for a
    Christian where one holds public office or carries a firearm.
    The JW hierarchy exercise strict control over their flock and what jobs they are allowed do.

As a result most of the poor benighted devils end up becoming window cleaners.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '16 18:41
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    The JW hierarchy exercise strict control over their flock and what jobs they are allowed do.

As a result most of the poor benighted devils end up becoming window cleaners.
    Please be quiet, your ignorance resounds out into the universe like a clashing symbol and is spoiling the ambience of this place.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '16 18:42
    Source?
    Its proving difficult to ascertain, I will try to find it for you though. I am sure that I did not make it up.
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    30 May '16 18:451 edit

I can't help you with that. Jesus said you will know them by their fruit, but he wasn't speaking to people who didn't believe him.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '16 18:56
    Source?
    And besides all these things, a great chasm has been fixed between us and you people, so that those wanting to go over from here to you people cannot, neither may people cross over from there to us. Luke 16:26

This was given in the symbolic Rich man and Lazarus parable, the Rich man representing the religious leaders of Christ's time and Lazarus the Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree