General Forum

General Forum

1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 21:00
    @very-rusty said
    If Andy had any evidence he would have presented it by now, instead of playing games.
    Do I need evidence of you referring to another poster as "she/he"?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 21:182 edits
    @handyandy said
    Do I need evidence of you referring to another poster as "she/he"?
    Not at all Andy, just that the one I refer to as she/he or he/she, you can prove is one or the other! 😉

Because you have a flag up as a picture doesn't make you a flag does it? 😉

-VR
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 21:37
    @very-rusty said
    Have you met Suzie Q in person or talked to her on a phone for example? I am assume the answer is NO, which you are trying hard to avoid.
    No, I have never spoken to Suzianne in person or on the telephone... nor have I ever spoken to you in person or on the telephone.

Should I assume that you, Very Rusty, could be a woman and refer to you as "he/she"?
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 21:46
    @very-rusty said
    Not at all Andy, just that the one I refer to as she/he or he/she, you can prove is one or the other!
    Why wouldn't that rule apply to EVERY member of RHP?

If one member has to prove his or her gender, then ALL members should obey the same requirement.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 21:552 edits
    @handyandy said
    Why wouldn't that rule apply to EVERY member of RHP?

If one member has to prove his or her gender, then ALL members should obey the same requirement.
    Not quite so Andy, I've talked to members on here on phone, I've seen members pictures from Phlabs BBQ's, so know for sure some of you. I know you are an older gentleman considered to be mild mannered, but that must just be the way you act in public, as you are far from mild mannered on this site!!! 😉

By the way you can refer to me as he/she if you wish others know better!! 😛 I don't mind you making yourself look silly at all.

-VR
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 22:10
    @very-rusty said
    Not quite so Andy, I've talked to members on here on phone, I've seen members pictures from Phlabs BBQ's, so know for sure some of you. I know you are an older gentleman considered to be mild mannered, but that must just be the way you act in public, as you are far from mild mannered on this site!!! 😉

By the way you can refer to me as he/she if you wish others know better!! 😛 I don't mind you making yourself look silly at all.

-VR
    You missed the point.

If Suzianne is required to prove she is female, then every RHP member has to prove their purported gender, male or female.

It's only fair. Do you agree?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 22:371 edit
    @handyandy said
    You missed the point.

If Suzianne is required to prove she is female, then every RHP member has to prove their purported gender, male or female.

It's only fair. Do you agree?
    You are the one saying she is female with no proof what so ever. Why do so, when you don't really know for sure?

Suzie Q doesn't have to prove anything. You are the one insisting that Suzie is actually female, without knowing for certain.

Doesn't that seem silly to you? IF I said something was white Andy you would say it was black just for argument sake!!! 😉 😛

I said you had to prove that Suzie was actually female as you are the one saying that she is for sure! Understand?

-VR
  8. Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 22:44
    Suzianne used to have a photo in her profile where she was standing in a very similar way to that of her Supergirl avatar.

That photo, along with her attitude, has convinced me that she is a female.

😁
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 22:55
    @chaney3 said
    Suzianne used to have a photo in her profile where she was standing in a very similar way to that of her Supergirl avatar.

That photo, along with her attitude, has convinced me that she is a female.

😁
    LOL....So by that reasoning...I think you are joking. That would make Andy a flag!!! 😉

-VR
  10. Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 22:56
    @very-rusty said
    LOL....So by that reasoning...I think you are joking. That would make Andy a flag!!! 😉

-VR
    Ummmm, no.
    She had a photo. Not talking about her avatar.
    I believe it was her. 😀
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 22:59
    @chaney3 said
    Ummmm, no.
    She had a photo. Not talking about her avatar.
    I believe it was her. 😀
    Because you saw a photo really doesn't prove anything.

Unless you've spoken with her in person or at least on the phone, you have no reason to believe anything one way or the other. Just what you want to believe.

You see by her actions and the way she talks, I thinks she is a he, way too male like in the way the person talks.

-VR
  12. Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 23:111 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Because you saw a photo really doesn't prove anything.

Unless you've spoken with her in person or at least on the phone, you have no reason to believe anything one way or the other. Just what you want to believe.

You see by her actions and the way she talks, I thinks she is a he, way too male like in the way the person talks.

-VR
    There is NO conspiracy here.

Why would a 'man' join a chess site, post a photo of a woman in the profile, and have Supergirl as an avatar?

Doesn't make any sense, therefore:

She's ALL woman. 😉

Edit: had to fix a spelling error, lol. "Someone" doesn't like spelling errors
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 00:12
    @very-rusty said
    I said you had to prove that Suzie was actually female as you are the one saying that she is for sure! Understand?
    Prove to me, here in this forum, that you are male.
  14. Standard memberExecutioner Brandonline
    Grass Farmer
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 03:592 edits
    @chaney3 said

Why would a 'man' join a chess site, post a photo of a woman in the profile, and have Supergirl as an avatar?

She's ALL woman. 😉

2 of my current opponents have pics of women on their avatar. They are both women why? Believe what you want but I don't know that. One of my cousins uses a man on her facebook picture but I know, unlike other internet users, she isn't a man. I know this because I know her and ain't making assumptions or forcing my beliefs on others. They could find someone of the opposite sex attractive. They could be gay and are trying to be honest by saying they are not the sex they are. A lot of reasons why it could happen.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 07:26
    @chaney3 said

She's ALL woman. 😉

Suzianne kicks Rusty's butt on a regular basis in these forums. That's why he has to kid himself that she may be male.

It's a pride thing.