1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 08:17
    @very-rusty said
    Because you saw a photo really doesn't prove anything.

Unless you've spoken with her in person or at least on the phone, you have no reason to believe anything one way or the other. Just what you want to believe.

You see by her actions and the way she talks, I thinks she is a he, way too male like in the way the person talks.

-VR
    Why wouldn’t you just accept the gender that any given poster presents themselves as, we are all avatars interacting with other avatars.
    It would be interesting if their were no avatars, and no photos or phone calls, would we be able to tell male from female solely from posting style and content and would we even care.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 09:22
    @kevcvs57 said
    Why wouldn’t you just accept the gender that any given poster presents themselves as, we are all avatars interacting with other avatars.
    It would be interesting if their were no avatars, and no photos or phone calls, would we be able to tell male from female solely from posting style and content and would we even care.
    Those of us who chat a bit - in forums and/or games - should be more interested in a closer acquaintance. For others it may not matter at all.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 10:18
    @torunn said
    Those of us who chat a bit - in forums and/or games - should be more interested in a closer acquaintance. For others it may not matter at all.
    Yeah sure if your actively befriending each other then you would probably want to share theses details so as to get a clear picture of them, but for many interactions we are just dealing with an avatar and then I think we should accept the avatar that’s presented.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 12:26
    @kevcvs57 said
    And this is of interest to you because?

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 12:27
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah sure if your actively befriending each other then you would probably want to share theses details so as to get a clear picture of them, but for many interactions we are just dealing with an avatar and then I think we should accept the avatar that’s presented.
    If you are smart you would be very careful who you give details about yourself to on this site or any site for that matter.

-VR
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 12:28
    @torunn said
    torunn,

There are many I wouldn't want a closer acquaintnance with, and others I'd love to meet up with.

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 13:35
    Tolerance is up there at the top.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 13:45
    @very-rusty said
    I said you had to prove that Suzie was actually female as you are the one saying that she is for sure! Understand?
    @very-rusty

Prove to me, here in this forum, that you are male.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 16:141 edit
    @handyandy said
    @very-rusty

Andy I can prove that about as much as you can prove that Suzie Q is female!!! 😛 😉

We know your male from your pictures at Phlabs BBQ, also some of the other people who I believe are still on the site who were at the BBQ. Two were held, but I believe only pictures from the first one were actually put up.

You see Andy, I don't care if you call me he/she or she/he makes no difference to me as I've told you I've already spoken to people on the phone on this site who know that I am male. What you think doesn't actually matter to me. 😉

-VR
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 16:19
    @very-rusty said
    You see Andy, I don't care if you call me he/she or she/he makes no difference to me as I've told you I've already spoken to people on the phone on this site who know that I am male. What you think doesn't actually matter to me.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 16:291 edit
    @handyandy said
    LOL@ Andy....You're sounding like a parrot. I already answered your question silly man.

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, HERE IS WHAT I POSTED: Andy I can prove that about as much as you can prove that Suzie Q is female!!! 😛 😉

We know your male from your pictures at Phlabs BBQ, also some of the other people who I believe are still on the site who were at the BBQ. Two were held, but I believe only pictures from the first one were actually put up.

You see Andy, I don't care if you call me he/she or she/he makes no difference to me as I've told you I've already spoken to people on the phone on this site who know that I am male. What you think doesn't actually matter to me. 😉

-VR
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 16:30
    @very-rusty said
    LOL@ Andy....You're sounding like a parrot. I already answered your question silly man.

-VR
    What was your answer?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 16:31
    @handyandy said
    What was your answer?
    Read my above post Silly Andy....I am thinking that will be my new nick name for you! 😉

-VR
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 16:33
    @very-rusty said
    Read my above post Silly Andy....I am thinking that will be my new nick name for you! 😉

-VR
    You were asked to prove you are male. Where is your proof?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 16:37
    @handyandy said
    What was your answer?
    I think he was saying that he is female, but on the phone has an unusually deep voice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree