2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:21
    @badradger said
    and is there something better?
    Not me.
    Been off ALL downers for nearly 2 years .... but hey. thats just me, everyone is different.

Back in the day I'd throw back 30 or 40 5mgs and have a wild time.
    I'm just allergic now.

Beer n weed!!
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:22
    @badradger said
    There is something better ... it's called life .. and sometimes life likes a double gin n tonic
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:311 edit
    @badradger said
    Benzodiazepines can be prescribed for a variety of reasons. It depends on why you're taking it (or considering taking it). Probably best to speak to your GP about that.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:34
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Benzodiazepines can be prescribed for a variety of reasons. It depends on why you're taking it (or considering taking it). Probably best to speak to your GP about that.
    been taking them on and off for thirty years for panic attacks, its hard to get GPs to prescribe them, I just wondered if there was a herbal remedy.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:42
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    F*** OFF!!
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:43
    @badradger
    Bro .... you can have whatever you want in life as long you dont let it control you.

Anything
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:44
    @badradger said
    been taking them on and off for thirty years for panic attacks, its hard to get GPs to prescribe them, I just wondered if there was a herbal remedy.
    Everyone is different. Some herbal remedies may apply
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:44
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Like your remedial prescriptions ever meant anything
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:48
    @badradger said
    The obvious one would be valerian root, which seems to help a lot of people with anxiety. (Though to be honest even the experts don't know exactly why it works, and for some it doesn't). Would still recommend discussing with your GP before taking, as even this can have some side effects. (Mostly minor).
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 12:50
    @karoly-aczel said
    F*** OFF!!
    Get help.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 13:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The obvious one would be valerian root, which seems to help a lot of people with anxiety. (Though to be honest even the experts don't know exactly why it works, and for some it doesn't). Would still recommend discussing with your GP before taking, as even this can have some side effects. (Mostly minor).
    I take a lot of meds every day for different medical conditions, I know Valium is ok with them, and I only take them for a few days every few months when I get an attack but I need a couple of 10mls each day, best I can squeeze out of my doc is a weeks supply of 2mls they have little effect.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 13:21
    @badradger said
    I take a lot of meds every day for different medical conditions, I know Valium is ok with them, and I only take them for a few days every few months when I get an attack but I need a couple of 10mls each day, best I can squeeze out of my doc is a weeks supply of 2mls they have little effect.
    Try and keep yourself stress free. I don't know if these forums are helping your issues any to be honest with you.

-VR
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 13:42
    @badradger said
    Anxiety attacks can be very debilitating, however, speaking as a lay person who has suffered from "anxiety" I can tell you from experience that the longer-term solution is cognitive therapy as the hormones are driven by thoughts. You've probably gone through long periods of constant stress.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree