1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 05:14
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Doesn't the proposed Irish law only apply to abortions necessary to save the mother's life? This
    option is available in the U.S. and just about everywhere else, I believe. Is it a church issue?
    Yes on both counts.
    But the churches influence is not as powerful as it used to be.
    Sex abuse and financial scandals have rocked the church to the core.
    People here in Ireland now of my generation ( 52 ) and younger
    have no time for the church. They have lost respect and credibility.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 05:24
    Originally posted by rookie54
    you really really REALLY enjoy the term "relaxed" when you describe the conversations you enjoy...

i don't...
    i have yet to see a functional bridge built without any sort of dynamic tension...
    humans REQUIRE the same, or they will die...

you've indicated you want only those who would eternally respect any others opinion (without reservation?!?)...
    ...[text shortened]... however i do not recommend drinking the cherry koolade...

i pass on the invite...
    Thanks for weighing in with your inimitable style. Your presence would have contributed counterpoint, blue sky and verve.
  3. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 09:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Would you join a new private club if I started one? (gb)
    sure, i don't see why not. i like playing in club games 🙂
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 09:14
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I do not have a problem with the club leader.
    I merely pointed out that the club leader said
    that the person who I believe offended me
    has nothing to apologize for. That is all.
    I am not complaining about the club or its leader.
    It's a good club with a good leader and also is
    populated by very good people. Some of whom
    are posting here in ...[text shortened]... re going to
    lose members because these members are going to vote against
    the Government bill.
    One person made one polite comment to you which was in no way rude or offensive and you have been crying like a baby about it since. Why don't you take it up privately with the person concerned instead of creating drama about it? You are behaving like a 5 year old.
  5. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 13:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    One person made one polite comment to you which was in no way rude or offensive and you have been crying like a baby about it since. Why don't you take it up privately with the person concerned instead of creating drama about it? You are behaving like a 5 year old.
    Now, now, boys. If you can't get along, teacher will have to set you in separate corners. Not like boxers...ready to come out swinging, but like Dennis the Menace. You can get your pick of teddy bears to keep you company. 😉
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 14:12
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Now, now, boys. If you can't get along, teacher will have to set you in separate corners. Not like boxers...ready to come out swinging, but like Dennis the Menace. You can get your pick of teddy bears to keep you company. 😉
    There appear to be a couple of such pairings and within those pairings there do seem to be two zealots and two moderates.
  7. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 15:30
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    There appear to be a couple of such pairings and within those pairings there do seem to be two zealots and two moderates.
    Since chess players are known to be highly intelligent individuals who are competitive in nature, it is only natural that they occasionally clash over their differences. What might appear to be zealots are actually enthusiastic guys with some strong opinions. Or is it the same thing? 😀
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 16:17
    Would you join a new private club if I started one? (gb)
    I'm in.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 17:04
    Since chess players are known to be highly intelligent individuals who are competitive in nature, it is only natural that they occasionally clash over their differences. What might appear to be zealots are actually enthusiastic guys with some strong opinions. Or is it the same thing? 😀
    I'll leave that to the "highly intelligent individuals" you refer to because there are some of us who are just intelligent sheep apparently. "😉
  10. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 17:06
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I'll leave that to the "highly intelligent individuals" you refer to because there are some of us who are just intelligent sheep apparently. "😉
    "Intelligent sheep" might be considered an oxymoron, Steve!
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 17:09
    "Intelligent sheep" might be considered an oxymoron, Steve!
    You're right Audrey.😉
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 17:17
    "Camelot Oasis in Space" (Our Private Forum) Membership Status:

Great Big Stees, (coquette), Indonesia Phil, (ale1552), ChessPraxis, (drewnogal), JS357, johnnylongwoody, Phranny, josephw, vandervelde, Westside Mobster, robbie carrobie, checkbaiter, empovsun, kiki46 and myself. Total seventeen 17 from July 6 to 10, 2013. Hmm... 14 Guys and only (three Gals). So, Guys we must get busy recruiting. Do you each have a few Nice (Gals) in mind that you'd be proud to bring Home to Camelot to meet Ole Grampy by the Oasis? Alone. lol
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 17:39
    Home to Camelot to meet Ole Grampy by the Oasis? Alone.
    😞
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 17:55
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    😞
    You in, too?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 18:081 edit
    You in, too?
    This thread is so academic and actually quite narcissistic; why don't you create the club and see who joins, or are you scared that no one actually will?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree