1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 20:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I definitely would not have chosen "Grampy Bobby" that's for sure.

Agree. It immediately disclosed an age difference with other prominent male posters to these public forums, some of whom apparently have unresolved issues with older men in their families. Should never have deferred the choice to two of my six grandchildren. My son discovered RHP in July 2007 and urged me to join to mentor his two oldest children on his account.

The Great Pretender Thread 162389

"dive:

A ghettofied hole in the wall bar where the poor and downtrodden alcoholics of america go to drink disounted mini-pitchers and listen to tired David alan Coe songs. JC and Steve were kicked out of another Dive for spitting on the floor.

by ThE LaTe JC March 24, 2005" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dive

"geester:

Gangsta from the East - usually from Hong Kong or any part near South China Sea. Is usually very rich by inheritance and is often seen hangin out in various parts of China Town of a city. Also owns a lot of real estate and is seldom seen without sunglasses. He is always surrounded by wannabe geesters. Don't mess with YoPhang, he's a bad geester!

by sgandhi July 28, 2006" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=geester

An interesting RHP Nickname."
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 20:44
    I am really Marc W. Miller and I don't have a problem with using mwmiller, but if I had given it some thought I probably would have came up with something more chess-related. At the time I was just happy to find a website where I could play chess.

However, it would have been nice to have a registration "warning" advising me to take a few moments to select my username carefully, as it would be permanent and there would be no option to change it later.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 20:551 edit
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I am really Marc W. Miller and I don't have a problem with using mwmiller, but if I had given it some thought I probably would have came up with something more chess-related. At the time I was just happy to find a website where I could play chess.

However, it would have been nice to have a registration "warning" advising me to take a few moments to sele ...[text shortened]... my username carefully, as it would be permanent and there would be no option to change it later.
    Thanks, Marc. "Joined: 24 Feb '01" a few weeks after the inception of RHP.
    How about, "Grampy Marc" or GM (would have been chess-related)? lol
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 20:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]I definitely would not have chosen "Grampy Bobby" that's for sure.

Agree. It immediately disclosed an age difference with other prominent male posters to these public forums, some of whom apparently have unresolved issues with older men in their families. Should never have deferred the choice to two of ...[text shortened]... ary.com/define.php?term=geester

An interesting RHP Nickname."[/quote][/b]
    Lol, I guess it's what you look for.

dive = scuba

geester = short term work nickname from around 2008 (when I joined) originating from my others halve's nickname at that time.

Yup. Awesome.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 21:36
    One of my nieces couldn't say Steve. She had a cousin Steve (Little Stees), another uncle (younger than me, Big Stees) then me.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 21:37
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Grampy Bobby3674?
    "[PDF]Form FDA 3674 Certification of Compliance

www.fda.gov/downloads/.../UCM048364.pd...

Food and Drug Administration"

Enigmatic with my correlative frames of reference. Once again today on this forum, please explain. Thanks.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 21:391 edit
    "[PDF]Form FDA 3674 Certification of Compliance

www.fda.gov/downloads/.../UCM048364.pd...

Food and Drug Administration"

Enigmatic with my correlative frames of reference. Once again today on this forum, please explain. Thanks.
    You are not serious. I hope...

Anyway, you might not have come across this, but if you choose a username that is already taken, many websites will suggest using that name with a number appended.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 21:40
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    One of my nieces couldn't say Steve. She had a cousin Steve (Little Stees), another uncle (younger than me, Big Stees) then me.
    So, Steve, if you had been "another uncle (younger than me, Big Stees)"
    your Red Hot Pawn Nickname may well have been "BS"? lol
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 21:43
    You are not serious. I hope...
    NoEarthlyReason, let's not belabor the nexus you've attached to these digits. What is your intended meaning? Thank you.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 21:45
    So, Steve, if you had been "another uncle (younger than me, Big Stees)"
    your Red Hot Pawn Nickname may well have been "BS"? lol
    Yes I guess I would have been but what if there were yet another Steve who was still younger than I. Would I be Jumbo Stees?
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 21:46
    NoEarthlyReason, let's not belabor the nexus you've attached to these digits. What is your intended meaning? Thank you.
    It is what we like to call "a joke". Humour, if you will.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 22:10
    It is what we like to call "a joke". Humour, if you will.
    Alas, self-parody is not in Bobby's bag of tricks.
  13. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 22:192 edits
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    You could've done him the favour of spelling it correctly at least once out of the two...

(Cue joke about Besser being gut, but Schlechter being besser.)
    yes. very difficult name, so Schlechter. i'll never forget again... this is like 'the worse' in german

the alternative was Zukertort.... but that name was already taken....

and 'Torta de Azucar' was not a good war name for me

but "Schlecter" was available....

so that is the serie of sad and dreadful events behind my nickname
  14. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 22:361 edit
    [b]Your Nickname on Red Hot Pawn

If you knew everything you know now about Red Hot Pawn on the day you joined, would you still have chosen your site nickname of record? If not, what other nicknames would you have considered and why? In July, 2007, mine would have become "Boston Lad" ( the same as my "Self Proclaimed Title" in Forum Setting ...[text shortened]... ations, preferences and/or insights you're invited to participate in Thread 162422[/b]
    Don't know why all the thumbs down but I like the nic I have now but I did consider:
    PawnsOfMassDestruction
    Elvis Chessley
    chessburger
    Isolated Pawn
    4ced m8
    Deep Purple
    Pat Zerfish
    li!i!i!il
    oi0l8l0io
    g00golpleX
    the opposition

we had four guys from our chess club form a chess team to play in a team championship once. There were two white and two black guys on it. I suggested the name Grischuks of Opposite Colors but they rejected it.

I did name my brother's bowling team once though. They were always drunk so I suggested "The Alley-coholics". They used it 🙂
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 22:47

dive = scuba

geester = short term work nickname from around 2008 (when I joined) originating from my others halve's nickname at that time.

Yup. Awesome.
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 1)

Agree. It immediately disclosed an age difference with other prominent male posters to these public forums, some of whom apparently have unresolved issues with older men in their families. Should never have deferred the choice to two of my six grandchildren. My son discovered RHP in July 2007 and urged me to join to mentor his two oldest children on his account.

The Great Pretender Thread 162389

"dive:

A ghettofied hole in the wall bar where the poor and downtrodden alcoholics of america go to drink disounted mini-pitchers and listen to tired David alan Coe songs. JC and Steve were kicked out of another Dive for spitting on the floor.

by ThE LaTe JC March 24, 2005" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dive

"geester:

Gangsta from the East - usually from Hong Kong or any part near South China Sea. Is usually very rich by inheritance and is often seen hangin out in various parts of China Town of a city. Also owns a lot of real estate and is seldom seen without sunglasses. He is always surrounded by wannabe geesters. Don't mess with YoPhang, he's a bad geester!

by sgandhi July 28, 2006" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=geester

An interesting RHP Nickname."

dive = scuba

Yup. Awesome.

"Lol, I guess it's what you look for." Not quite, divegeester. These two quotations are what Urban Slang's researchers found.
    Would "JC and Steve" or "YoPhang", possibly have been your business colleagues at the time of joining Red Hot Pawn?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree